Proposal: Trades

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
DET - RHD Rasmus Ristolainen

BUF - RW/LW Robbie Fabbri, RHD Madison Bowey.

So Buffalo's #1 D-man for a middle 6 winger and an AHL defenseman?

Botteril isn't the GM of Buffalo anymore, the value Detroit is offering is incredibly low. Wings would have to offer some high picks as kickers to make such a deal worthwhile, and considering Buffalo wants to make the playoffs even that wouldn't be exactly what they are looking for unless they are blowing things up or have another top D acquired.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Tyler Johnson

For

Washington 2nd 2020
Glendening
@Voodoo Glow Skulls

TJ $5M FOUR Years, they should be paying us to take the contract. TBL takes that & runs & laughs, then laughs some more.

Just wait, I'm telling ya it'll be like an Outdoor Bazaar for us, buyers market for Cap Heaven teams like us. LGD is worth 2nd&3rd easily @ TDL/earlier, possibly a late 1st, but I'm expecting/hoping (2)2nd's hopefully..............& then you still wanna add WSH 2nd?

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
How do we know this?

Would be interesting to see Wings buying Abdelkader out. Quite sure Holland would sign him to Edmonton with minimum salary and put to 4th line.

Then he would be a bargain again.

All the hate comes from the caphit.
Huh?

Justin Abdelkader no longer provides positive play in any phase of the game, regardless of salary. If he cost $1, they'd cut him and get better ROI with the single by using it in a vending machine.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Huh?

Never seen any player bounce back after struggling?

Somebody would try him at minimum salary for sure, because there's no risks with the cap. GMs to these all the time. If he fails, you replace him with another guy. Somebody is interested, especially in a contender, to add that level of 4th line guy for mimimum.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All the ti
Tyler Johnson

For

Washington 2nd 2020
Glendening

All the time these Tampa guys are here in trade discussions, who have full NTC.

Stamkos - full NMC until 2024
Johnson - full NTC until 2021
Gourde - full NTC until 2022
Palat - full NTC until 2021

Don't see these guys moving. Especially, from a Stanley Cup opportunity team to a Bottom5 team.

Only Alex Killorn has modified NTC at next season, of those guys with bigger 4-5M caphits. He's the guy who is gonna be traded, so they can fit RFAs Cirelli/Sergachev/Cernak on the team.

Tampa's way to handle that cap situation is pretty clear:

A) very short short-term contracts (mostly 1-year, maybe 2 for some like Cernak) for Cirelly/Sergachev/Cernak to keep caphits low
B) trade 4.45M Killorn at 2020 off-season
C) lose one ~5M contract on expansion draft at 2021 off-season
D) then extend some of the RFA-group for longer contracts after that ~10M opens, and some others are UFAs.

If Killorn can't be moved at 2020 off-season, then they are at serious problems with their RFAs, and probably are forced to trade one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larkin1578

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Huh?

Somebody would try him at minimum salary for sure, because there's no risks with the cap. GMs to these all the time. If he fails, you replace him with another guy. Somebody is interested, especially in a contender, to add that level of 4th line guy for mimimum.
Saying he might be worth rolling the dice on as a reclamation project at league minimum is different than saying he would definitely be a bargain and all the hate is due to current cap hit.

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
Apparently Vancouver is entertaining trading Boeser?

I assume they’d look for young controllable defense help?

How difficult would it be for people to stomach something around Hronek for Boeser? Another avenue would be McIsaac and draft capital.

I say this knowing we have multiple fans of Drysdale, and to a lesser extent, Sanderson as potential picks at 4

I'd trade Hronek or McIssac and draft capital for Boeser any day. However, I will be disgusted if Sanderson gets drafted at #4...

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
Boeser trade, yes.

We need to keep any Top6 F (Fabbri) & Top 4 D from here on out, except DDK/Nemeth. Otherwise we'll be in perpetual rebuild, acting as a feeder team to better teams & facilitating their Cap Angst.

Also wait til Z.Werenski is UFA, I bet he'll sign with us.

Not unless the Wings sign Krug??

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
So Buffalo's #1 D-man for a middle 6 winger and an AHL defenseman?

Botteril isn't the GM of Buffalo anymore, the value Detroit is offering is incredibly low. Wings would have to offer some high picks as kickers to make such a deal worthwhile, and considering Buffalo wants to make the playoffs even that wouldn't be exactly what they are looking for unless they are blowing things up or have another top D acquired.

Idk what Buffalo wants really, but I know they need secondary scoring around Eichel, and they have a surplus of signed RHD. Sure Risto is the best of the bunch. Fabbri comes cheap, they get some cap relief. Idk, maybe you sweeten up the picks or throw in a prospect they like to get it done. Who knows, just spit-ballin'

I can see Buffalo going either way in this situation. Just depends if they like someone available as a UFA on the defense. Of if they wanna spend money in the UFA market on scoring.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Vancouver doesn't need LHD help they need RHD help so they would easily decline that.

I doubt it. For a cap strapped team, They freed up like 10 million dollars in that trade, picked up a prospect, and pick. It's a great deal for them if they wanna make moves in UFA.

They'd almost be lucky to get an offer like this... High doubt any team would be petty about LHD/RHD when dumping 11 million in cap...

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Two trades I would like to see. Would love to know your thoughts on the price

Trade one with Vancouver

Vancouver receives Edmonton’s 4th we got from Mike Green deal

Wings receive Virtanen and Eriksson’s cap hit

This trade frees up a lot of cap space for Vancouver, effectively removing that problem from the equation. Wings receive a youngish and improving forward who should pop 15-20 a year in our middle 6 who brings a lot of speed and physicality, a direction the Wings seem to be aiming for.

————————-

Trade 2 with Toronto

Wings give up our 3rd rounder this year (63rd OA)

Wings receive Kasperi Kapanen.

Similar rationale. Good middle 6 option who brings a ton of speed, PK ability and a bit of scoring pop. Basically an ideal third liner with offensive upside and the capability to play second line with injuries

Both of these trades land us extremely fast Swiss Army knife players that can play in our middle 6 and bring more than their scoring prowess. They also both fit into our age timeline and could be had cheap due to cap constraints. If we picked a player like Kapanen with our 63rd, everyone would consider it a home run

In two years I expect a Virtanen-Veleno-Kapanen line to be one of the better third lines in the league and likely one of the fastest lines period

then in 2 years we could run

MLB line
Fabbri-4th OA-Zadina
Virtanen-Veleno-Kapanen
Who cares

That’s also not including Rasmussen, who I’m higher on than most.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'd love to add another Dallas Star to our Red Wings retirement ranks.

Bring in Loui!
I don't know why but my brain marinated your Dallas stars obsession, and now I want to acquire Ben Gleason so we can call him Bench Gleason.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Trade 2 with Toronto

Wings give up our 3rd rounder this year (63rd OA)

Wings receive Kasperi Kapanen.

Similar rationale. Good middle 6 option who brings a ton of speed, PK ability and a bit of scoring pop. Basically an ideal third liner with offensive upside and the capability to play second line with injuries

if we're dealing with toronto, I'm going after nylander. They need the $7m in cap space and we need the talent.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
if we're dealing with toronto, I'm going after nylander. They need the $7m in cap space and we need the talent.
I’d be afraid of the asking price to be honest. I’d love to have either Nylander or Kapanen on the team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Huh?

I'll bet you a case of beer that he isn't bouncing back. If you think he is, you haven't watched any games the past 2 seasons.

He simply can't skate more than a couple dozen games before his legs give out. He looked a bit faster this pre-season, but his skating rapidly declined and became useless right after DLR got traded. Not to mention he has zero confidence with the puck.

I think he gets buried in GR for at least one season. If he had any pride he'd retire, but we all know money is more important than pride.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I’d be afraid of the asking price to be honest. I’d love to have either Nylander or Kapanen on the team.

I wouldn't be afraid of it at all. Toronto needs cap space. they have just under $4.6m in cap and look to be losing Barrie and Ceci from an already weak blueline. They could look to fill it on the cheap and with kids, but I don't think reilly and muzzin are good enough to weather the storm and have that club a serious contender while sandin, liljegren, and dermott work and build their games back there. They would probably try to flip Nylander for a D before dealing him for cap space, but I'm not sure that's going to be an easy deal to make. But if they can clear cap space and sign Pietrangelo...yeah, I think they could then back fill on the cheap and pull it off.

Kapanen is a nice player, but I think we can find good middle6 guys ourselves.

I'll bet you a case of beer that he isn't bouncing back. If you think he is, you haven't watched any games the past 2 seasons.

He simply can't skate more than a couple dozen games before his legs give out. He looked a bit faster this pre-season, but his skating rapidly declined and became useless right after DLR got traded. Not to mention he has zero confidence with the puck.

I think he gets buried in GR for at least one season. If he had any pride he'd retire, but we all know money is more important than pride.

He's owed $9.5m over the next three years. To hell with pride, that's a lot of money and I don't blame him at all if he doesn't want to leave it on the table. I'm hoping this long layoff will give him time to maybe get a bit healthier and work harder on getting his legs back. He might not bounce back to a 13 minute, 3rd line guy but I don't think it's crazy that he could be a 10 minute a night, 55-60 game 4th liner. And if he shows up, does the work, and helps set the right example in the locker room, take it for what it is and ride it out.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Huh?

Justin Abdelkader no longer provides positive play in any phase of the game, regardless of salary. If he cost $1, they'd cut him and get better ROI with the single by using it in a vending machine.

Sad to have to like this in a lot of ways, but Abby never really recovered from whatever he did to his knee at the World Cup. I am not saying he was going to be great, but his game and athleticism really did fall off in a hurry. I didn't think it would be this bad, he has no place in the NHL though. I wish him luck in GR, should be the captain down there for the next few years. His days in the NHL are over and we aren't buying him out unless we have to, so I think he will finish in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad