Proposal: Trades

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If we were to draft Drysdale and Askarov slipped into the teens, I would be open to trading Hronek to get back into the first and grab him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Waivers.

Why would they trade a pick if they could pick him up on waivers like Frk and Nestrasil?

Svechnikov is not put on waivers. Why speculate with that.

He probably goes to Russia, when we can avoid waivers. He can come back year later and there's still no waivers.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

He probably goes to Russia, when we can avoid waivers. He can come back year later and there's still no waivers.
You'd be surprised if he was on waivers? If he doesn't earn his spot he's going on waivers. I'm more interested in who is on waivers from teams who are actually good, tbh.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You'd be surprised if he was on waivers? If he doesn't earn his spot he's going on waivers. I'm more interested in who is on waivers from teams who are actually good, tbh.

He will avoid the waivers when signing to Russia. Quite sure his AHL days are over, and sending him to AHL is the only thing where you need waivers.

We don't even know is there AHL season at all at next season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I mean we know already per the last month of the season, Abdelkader is not in the teams plans. I think Nielsen hangs on another year and is similar to Abdelkader this past season in terms of actually being scratched somewhat frequently and phased out.

I don't really see a scenario where Svechnikov doesn't at least break camp as the extra forward. He looks too good when he does play to just fire him out for free in my opinion.

I do wish there was a penalty version of a buyout. You would need the cap space but you pay like a %25 percent increase on a contract in terms of cap penalty to buyout in the actual years. I don't think the PA would go for it tough. But on the flip sides if you guaranteed the player their actual remaining salary I wonder how much protestation you would get. Like if we could buy Abdelkader out and hold his cap for the remaining years at 5.5 but not take on any additional years buy doing a higher penalty buyout where the player wins if the league would and PA would go for that?

It just seems to me this should be one of the next changes on the cap, it would also allow bottom feeders another way to gain assets. I think it makes sense in a cap world.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I mean we know already per the last month of the season, Abdelkader is not in the teams plans.

How do we know this?

Would be interesting to see Wings buying Abdelkader out. Quite sure Holland would sign him to Edmonton with minimum salary and put to 4th line.

Then he would be a bargain again.

All the hate comes from the caphit.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
How do we know this?

Would be interesting to see Wings buying Abdelkader out. Quite sure Holland would sign him to Edmonton with minimum salary and put to 4th line.

Then he would be a bargain again.

All the hate comes from the caphit.
Helen St. James essentially said it’s very likely he gets demoted to captain the Griffins and serve the organization that way.

She may be a subpar writer and the “Baghdad Bob”’ propaganda machine for the organization, but she has sources. If she’s saying it, it’s a very real possibility

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Helen St. James essentially said it’s very likely he gets demoted to captain the Griffins and serve the organization that way.

She may be a subpar writer and the “Baghdad Bob”’ propaganda machine for the organization, but she has sources. If she’s saying it, it’s a very real possibility

So we don't know.

We are just guessing and hoping.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border

Cause given the trackrecord of this team and Svechnikov its unlikely he would stick with Detroit for a full year.

Given the team depth and prospects they might want to move to Detroit its unlikely there is a guaranteed spot for him even without a waiver exemption.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
DET - RW Brock Boeser, , LW Loui Eriksson

Van - LHD Dennis Cholowski, 6th round pick.

DET - RHD Rasmus Ristolainen

BUF - RW/LW Robbie Fabbri, RHD Madison Bowey.

Reactions: Henkka

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
DET - RW Brock Boeser, , LW Loui Eriksson

Van - LHD Dennis Cholowski, 6th round pick.

DET - RHD Rasmus Ristolainen

BUF - RW/LW Robbie Fabbri, RHD Madison Bowey.

Boeser trade, yes.

We need to keep any Top6 F (Fabbri) & Top 4 D from here on out, except DDK/Nemeth. Otherwise we'll be in perpetual rebuild, acting as a feeder team to better teams & facilitating their Cap Angst.

Also wait til Z.Werenski is UFA, I bet he'll sign with us.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Florida doesn't need RhD. They have like 4-5 already and problematic guys are the lefties, Yandle and Matheson as mistake-machines.

Sign Krug, then trade Cholowski on some package. We will have quality LhD for a long-time and will buy some time wait to guys like Albert Johansson to pan out.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Boeser trade, yes.

We need to keep any Top6 F (Fabbri) & Top 4 D from here on out, except DDK/Nemeth. Otherwise we'll be in perpetual rebuild, acting as a feeder team to better teams & facilitating their Cap Angst.

Also wait til Z.Werenski is UFA, I bet he'll sign with us.

I think you could off Fabbri on selling high. I'm not sure he's really a normal consistent 20 goal scorer or a top six winger on most teams. Boeser is historically better than him, Zadina fills the other slot, and we've got Mathias Brome to figure out a role. Adding Ristolainen Just give the Red Wings a solid core for next year. Doesn't take away from going after Werenski. Which is a good idea.

Fabbri also isn't signed long-term. So consider what he might want as a UFA. Ristolainen/Boeser are signed for a few years so, IDK, you've got a little core shaping out with those two here imo. Maybe not though!?

( Dekeyser - Hronek/ Nemeth - Ristolainen/ Beiga - Seider or Lindstrom? ) This is without making a signing, Zach Werenski would fill the teams #1 need maybe... (Top pair LHD). Just gotta find that 2nd line Center maybe this off-season and target Werenski next off-season? Idk spit ballin'.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad