Speculation: Trades and Proposals 2015-2016 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Bozak to Pits for Perron and their 2nd round pick in 2016 and their 3rd in 2017. That way Pits can have Malkin and Sid on the same line and have Phil and Bozak on their second.

I'm not sure the Penguins are going to be willing to trade any more draft picks. It seems like they are going to be getting smaller on the prospect front in terms of overall depth.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
yeah they're talking about this on the radio.
honestly. what a troll :laugh:

this is like the third time he's done it.

Could Stamkos have set himself up any better to be a Leaf? He signed a contract that took him to UFA at only 25. He will be one of the youngest UFAs ever.

I am starting to believe that he really does want to be a Leaf.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Could Stamkos have set himself up any better to be a Leaf? He signed a contract that took him to UFA at only 25. He will be one of the youngest UFAs ever.

I am starting to believe that he really does want to be a Leaf.

(shrug) maybe.
I'm not buying it until I see the Jersey go over his head.

but i mean he can't be that stupid - right? like you don't like the TSN thinger KNOWING the Leafs are playing him in Tuesday (and a week dead time... :laugh: ) and this is going to be ALL we're going to talk about.

like it's not a pocket like.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
On top of that he is coming home. If I am Shanny, I will meet with Stevie Y and talk trade. Like swapping 4th and 5th rounders for Stamkos. TB gets to draft higher in those rounds instead of losing Stamkos for nothing, while Leafs don't lose a draft pick and get Stamkos.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I wonder if we can do something with Pittsburgh or Anaheim. Both are excellent teams stuck in limbo right now, and they aren't going to be selling (considering the moves they made this past offseason).

Anaheim: Last in GF, but 10th in GA. Lacks secondary scoring depth, good everywhere else. In a bigger hole than Pittsburgh though.
Pittsburgh: 26th in GF, but 4th in GA. Lacks secondary scoring depth, and could use upgrade(s) on defense and maybe splurge on a backup (if they want to help out Fleury).

I don't know if Anaheim is really a fit for our UFA's as much as someone like a JVR (so let's ignore them for now). Pittsburgh needs help though.

Their 3rd line has only 17 points combined in 26 games, and their 4th line only 10 points in 26 games. Our 4th line has 9 points combined, but that's with like 80% defensive zone starts compared to 47% for their 4th line.

Our guys aren't going to light up the lamp, but at the very least they can take major pressure off their top 6 and let them score. That alone should be enough to help them out.

They don't need to come here for help, but we've done things with them before, and we've got some pieces that are available: Matthias, Boyes, Parenteau, and Grabner. Polak and Reimer as well if they want to fix the other two holes they have. I wouldn't wait until the TDL to get help this year either.

The biggest problem for the Pens is the blueline. They've got too many bruisers and not enough puck movers. The forwards aren't getting the puck because Letang is the only one who's decent at moving it.

They were counting on Maata being a lot better and also Pouliot (who's down in the AHL).

In the last two off-seasons they lost Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, Erhoff and even Engelland. That is almost an entire decent D group they've lost without replacing them.

Hunwick is having a good season, has another year on his deal with a very good cap hit, is decent at transitioning the puck and wouldn't cost a fortune. He would be a great depth move for the Pens that fits what they need.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

This guy...is he toying with us.... but damn. He did this with when Lebron went back to Cleveland :laugh:

What was in the favourites? He must have taken it off because there's nothing in that link?

EDIT:

I found it:

http://theleafsnation.com/2015/12/9...kos-liking-tweets-about-himself-and-the-leafs

Just when you thought StamkosWatch 2K16 couldn't get any sillier, things are right back to where they started over a year ago. A quick look at Stamkos' Twitter profile shows that, once again, the only item in his likes is a post speculating whether or not he'll head to Toronto or not.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
What was in the favourites? He must have taken it off because there's nothing in that link?

Its been removed.

This was it right here:

CVzJulJWIAMybBY.jpg:large

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
As part of our rebuild we are definitely going to have to find a true elite #1 goaltender. Obtaining quality goalies through the draft is always such a gamble.

Would we be better to try and target young goalie prospects in other teams systems that have shown a good trajectory towards the NHL since their draft? We would obviously have to give up assets to get them, but the likelihood of them panning out would be greater, and the length of time before they are NHL ready would be shorter.

What do the people on here think?
Who are some young goalie prospects the Leafs could target and have a shot at?

I was thinking Gibson or Anderson from ANA (depending on who they would be willing to part with or Ilya Sorokin from the NYI.

We definitely need a bit more organizational depth in net.
Wonder if the Habs would be interested in moving Fucale in a deal involving Reimer? Maybe other pieces involved, but gives us a really good keeper prospect. For the Habs, provides some good cover for Price for the 2nd half of the year and maybe a chance to rest him a bit more, also.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Fayne waived by oilers. Lou should have a great read on that
he didn't resign with the devils but big RHD would be a nice add ....then they could move Polak

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
There's only one guy I would want to trade for at any point in this rebuild. Lawson Crouse. Have no idea what it would take to get him, but it would be perfect to inject his size into our top 6 for the future. Penciling in Stamkos or not, a potential top 6 looking like...

Crouse - Nylander - Brown
Timashov - Stamkos - Marner

Is absolutely insane on paper. Match up hell, comparable to how the Hawks spread out Kane and Toews along with Hossa.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Fayne waived by oilers. Lou should have a great read on that
he didn't resign with the devils but big RHD would be a nice add ....then they could move Polak

Easy pass. Already stocked full of defensemen, we need to move some out, not bring struggling and expensive ones in. If they are willing to work out a negative value trade, maybe something can be worked out.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm not sure the Penguins are going to be willing to trade any more draft picks. It seems like they are going to be getting smaller on the prospect front in terms of overall depth.

Then ask for next year picks maybe? Maybe throw in some prospects we don't need to help out with their prospect depth problems. They've got all of their picks in 2016 except for their 1st (assuming they make the playoffs) and their 7th round pick, plus they have a 2nd round pick from Anaheim. They also have all of their picks for next year.

They don't even have to go for one of the higher value guys. If they gave like a conditional 3rd round pick that becomes a 2nd for Boyes, that's a great deal for both teams and we can call it a day.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
There's only one guy I would want to trade for at any point in this rebuild. Lawson Crouse. Have no idea what it would take to get him, but it would be perfect to inject his size into our top 6 for the future. Penciling in Stamkos or not, a potential top 6 looking like...

Crouse - Nylander - Brown
Timashov - Stamkos - Marner

Is absolutely insane on paper. Match up hell, comparable to how the Hawks spread out Kane and Toews along with Hossa.

Crouse is a great prospect, I would really love to have him here. I think we had previously kicked around a JVR for Crouse+ swap... but who knows if there's traction there from Tallon. I get the feeling that Tallon's perfectly willing to continue to stockpile his evergrowing and impressive pool of prospects.

I also kind of think it's really early to start penciling in Timashov as our 2LW... maybe Brown too, though I like both their games. A Crouse - Nylander - Marner line would be quite something.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Crouse is a great prospect, I would really love to have him here. I think we had previously kicked around a JVR for Crouse+ swap... but who knows if there's traction there from Tallon. I get the feeling that Tallon's perfectly willing to continue to stockpile his evergrowing and impressive pool of prospects.

I also kind of think it's really early to start penciling in Timashov as our 2LW... maybe Brown too, though I like both their games. A Crouse - Nylander - Marner line would be quite something.

I rate Timashov very highly. Such a steal of a pick IMO. And the interchangeable nature of both those lines sort of nullifies that whole "top line" or "second line" idea, since technically all of them have a top line grade potential. Nylander and Marner wouldn't work on the same line though. Both guys like the puck on their stick too much. Hence why you split them up and have Nylander centre Crouse and Brown while Marner sets up Tima and Stamkos.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
What do you guys think about Sami Vatanen?

Seems Anaheim fans are willing to move him if needed, due to cap concerns.

He would slot right into Top4, also be studly on the PP.

And........... will still be on RFA contract. 24yo, Bday in June.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad