Trades and Free Agent Talk -- Insert witty title here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Agree but if the GM does not change his vision, changing the coach is going to do nothing. Soft, skilled hockey does not win in the NHL, especially if the players do not have the will. Not being able to take the puck away from Czikas on our PP was telling. Not one player was willing to knock him off the puck.

They do have skill they can trade.

The question is will they?

Of course, we know the outcry would be "Leafs gave up a top 6 player for some knuckledragger." Like the often quoted Hyman's a 4th. liner playing on the top line!!!

Give me Hyman with like 20% more skill. Hyman is basically playing with a huge handicap, he's not a skill guy and being forced to LW where he takes everything on the back hand is not easy but I have always loved his effort. I am not sure that he's a top 6 player but at least I know the guy is dialed in.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Give me Hyman with like 20% more skill. Hyman is basically playing with a huge handicap, he's not a skill guy and being forced to LW where he takes everything on the back hand is not easy but I have always loved his effort. I am not sure that he's a top 6 player but at least I know the guy is dialed in.

Hyman skates well, and works hard. Broke into NHL as a 23 year old, after 37 points (15 goals) in 59 games in the AHL.

I'd give Engvall a look, 23 years old, last year as a 22 year old converting to center had 32 points in 70 games, but 19 were goals.
As a 23 year old he has 12 points in 13 games, 6'5", 214lbs., skates well from what I remember.

He's a left winger, I'd see if he can bring what Hyman brought in his rookie season.

This season isn't going well, so it isn't like the Leafs would be breaking up a winning combination.

And best part he's waiver exempt and it is a simple paper transaction while they have 10.9 on LTIR.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Johnsson and Barrie
for
Nurse and Puljujarvi

I know Nurse isn't a RD, but so far this year, neither is Barrie.

Not sure if Oilers can do the Cap though.

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Holl
Nurse - Dermott

Nurse isn't the sharpest, but that applies to most of the Leafs defenders.

Really depends on the perceived value of Puljujarvi.
I'd be over the moon if this could come true.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hyman skates well, and works hard. Broke into NHL as a 23 year old, after 37 points (15 goals) in 59 games in the AHL.

I'd give Engvall a look, 23 years old, last year as a 22 year old converting to center had 32 points in 70 games, but 19 were goals.
As a 23 year old he has 12 points in 13 games, 6'5", 214lbs., skates well from what I remember.

He's a left winger, I'd see if he can bring what Hyman brought in his rookie season.

This season isn't going well, so it isn't like the Leafs would be breaking up a winning combination.

And best part he's waiver exempt and it is a simple paper transaction while they have 10.9 on LTIR.

Perfectly happy to give him a go.

horner

May 22, 2007
true Zadorov isn't Chara, but having a big mean D man that's not a defensive liability is something I'd like to see on the Leafs, it's too bad it wasn't him packaged with Kerfoot for Kadri instead of Barrie.
instead of Barrie .
but dubi wants a mobile defence not a mean tough defence.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Leafs Fan Here. I'm looking for a leafs-related trade rumour to give me hope and get me through the day.

You got any?

horner

May 22, 2007
Leafs Fan Here. I'm looking for a leafs-related trade rumour to give me hope and get me through the day.

You got any?
to give you hope it will be a soft forward under 5'08" 160 lbs .
no defensive awareness.
but man can he fly.
hope that britens your day

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Johnsson and Barrie
for
Nurse and Puljujarvi

I know Nurse isn't a RD, but so far this year, neither is Barrie.

Not sure if Oilers can do the Cap though.

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Holl
Nurse - Dermott

Nurse isn't the sharpest, but that applies to most of the Leafs defenders.

Really depends on the perceived value of Puljujarvi.
I would really like this trade but if this happens I'd also ship muzzin to Calgary for brodie or hamonic?

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Think any team would trade a stay at home net clearing type defence guy for Barrie or is he damaged goods now?

We need to move on from that deal and recoup whatever we can get. He's walking on July 1.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Think any team would trade a stay at home net clearing type defence guy for Barrie or is he damaged goods now?

We need to move on from that deal and recoup whatever we can get. He's walking on July 1.

We could probably package Barrie and Johnsson but it would need to be to a contender that has an excess of those types of D, and there really aren't any that I can see.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

He'd still have trade value IMO. A problem possibly is in that pending UFA status. Teams interested would likely be teams trying to compete now. They might have to move some cap if space is tight, but I don't know what they could afford to deal if they are trying to be, or remain, competitive. From a Leaf perspective, I wouldn't want to give up on the present either right now.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
hasn't nurse been their best defender this year?

Think any team would trade a stay at home net clearing type defence guy for Barrie .......?

Nurse plays on top pairing and gets the 2nd most ice time of all their defenders (Klefbom is #1). Nurse has the 3rd highest TOI for all Oilers (even ahead of McDavid).

I'd have to wonder if the Oil would think Barrie is a suitable replacement to fill the hole created by Nurse's departure.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Petan screams Habs to me. He was born to wear that jersey. Make it happen Dubas. lol
Why would we want that? He's been very good this year.

Leads the team with 68%CF despite heavy D-zone starts. Was around 75% in the game he played with Tavares and Marner.

If they ever take Shore out of the lineup the 4th line should dominate their matchups with those kind of numbers from Petan.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Why would we want that? He's been very good this year.

Leads the team with 68%CF despite heavy D-zone starts. Was around 75% in the game he played with Tavares and Marner.

If they ever take Shore out of the lineup the 4th line should dominate their matchups with those kind of numbers from Petan.

I miss the days when our 4th line dominates. Such an underrated quality of a good team.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Man if the return is right I'd even trade Matthew's at this point.
Good think u don't have a say in this..lol at trading Matthews after ee waited so long for a centre like him.. U fire the coach and change an entire roster before u trade a guy like him, he is not the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad