Trades and Free Agency - 2022 Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One of those two would be great.

I do wonder what the hold up is ... things have come to a crawl, asides from Saturday.

GIVE ME SOME DAMN NEWS

I feel like Jake Muzzin is going to get moved.

If Kerfoot was getting traded, I feel like it would’ve been done by now. There’s also been 0 chatter.

Justin Holl might be moved, be we’d have to bring in a replacement who will cost at least 750K so doesn’t really open enough cap anyway.

So that is my theory. A Jake Muzzin trade is coming our way.

Reactions: Eye Test

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It’s really surprising to see Kadri still on the market. Clearly teams are wary about giving him big term and money for someone who just had a career year and is turning 32.

If you move out Kerfoot and Holl, do you use that cap space to sign Kadri? 5x5 deal?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
It’s really surprising to see Kadri still on the market. Clearly teams are wary about giving him big term and money for someone who just had a career year and is turning 32.

If you move out Kerfoot and Holl, do you use that cap space to sign Kadri? 5x5 deal?
I don't see why Kadri would accept that. No doubt that offer would be beaten in a millisecond.

Reactions: al secord

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

It is going to be interesting to see his contract.

This is going to be a tough call, 3 years maybe at an inflated rate?
How much do you want to be paying 35-37 year old Kadri?

A career year at age 31.

1658687383055.png

Reactions: TMLAM34

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I like the idea of Josh Anderson as well, but not at 5.5.

It’d have to be Kerfoot + Muzzin straight up.

Bunting Matthews Marner
Anderson Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kampf Jarnkrok
Robertson ??? Kubel

Rielly Brodie
Giordano Liljegren
Sandin Holl

Murray
Samsonov

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
5x5 couldn't get you Hyman let alone Kadri
Not saying he will sign in Toronto, but Kadri has already won a cup, so he may want to (not likely) come back "home"
*Shrugs*
Very small chance it happens, I'm ok with it if it does.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'd be going after Sonny Milano personally. He'd do quite well on a scoring third line and did a good job with the Ducks driving play in a positive direction. Gotta clear out a bit of salary first though.

Milano would be nice.

I don't mind the idea of having Roberston with JT and Willy on the second line but I don't think there's another viable option (assuming they are planning to move Kerfoot). I don't know if Engvall works there and I think Milano might be a fit to try out for cheap.

Milano and one of Motte/ZAR would be solid depth adds.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Milano would be nice.

I don't mind the idea of having Roberston with JT and Willy on the second line but I don't think there's another viable option (assuming they are planning to move Kerfoot). I don't know if Engvall works there and I think Milano might be a fit to try out for cheap.

Milano and one of Motte/ZAR would be solid depth adds.
I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about potentially adding Rodrigues. He isn’t my top choice that’s for sure but Dubas did try to sign him in the past. Might not be a terrible fit with Nylander and Tavares.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about potentially adding Rodrigues. He isn’t my top choice that’s for sure but Dubas did try to sign him in the past. Might not be a terrible fit with Nylander and Tavares.

I've been suggesting Rodrigues for about a week now. He won't be expensive, he is versatile, can play wing, sub in for C, and has some speed we lost as well.

Stastny is another person I'd hope we could contact. Deepens us at the C position, may not be expensive either.

I'm hoping we are calling Calgary. Are they keeping Weegar? Obtaining Weegar could allow us to move out Muzzin, without changing the makeup of the team, as well as saving some cap this year.

If you move out Kerfoot, Muzzin and Holl, you could add Rodrigues ($1.2), Stastny($2), Weegar, and possibly even Kessel ($1.5). Sandin at $2 mil. Still have $1.3 left on cap and a 22 person roster.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I don't think Rodrigues would sign here .. isn't that happened when the Leafs traded for his rights in the Kapanen deal? They couldn't come to an agreement so he went unqualified as a UFA and re-signed with Pittsburgh.

He's also probably trying to get some bank after his hot start to the season.

I'd be good with that though, Dubas probably would have interest.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Off-season

Kerfoot 500k retained for Blais
Holl somewhere for a 3rd

Trade deadline

Sign Knies

1st, Muzzin, Robertson, Woll/Kallgren + ?? (anything more needed??) for Patrick Kane 50% retained

2nd 24 and Hirvonen for Mayfield

Bunting-Matthews-Kane
Knies-JT-Marner
88-Jarnkrok-Blais
Engvall-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Mayfield
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liljegren
Benn

Murray
Samsonov

Not sure Muzzin waives for Chicago...probably not

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Those two could be solid additions.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Rodrigues
Engvall - Jarnkrok - Robertson
Aston-Reese - Kampf - Aube-Kubel
Exactly. Rodrigues has the Kerfoot flexibility value too...he can play wing or centre and up and down the lineup.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Trade Kerfoot and Holl for draft picks to whatever team, sign Sonny Milano for 1.5,/2m and ZAR for 1.5m and Sandin for 2m.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Milano - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Jankrok - ZAR
Steeves/Knies/Robertson - Kampf - Kubel

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Muzzin
Gio - Lilly

Samsonov
Murray

Cap works out to around 300k leftover

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like Jake Muzzin is going to get moved.

If Kerfoot was getting traded, I feel like it would’ve been done by now. There’s also been 0 chatter.

Justin Holl might be moved, be we’d have to bring in a replacement who will cost at least 750K so doesn’t really open enough cap anyway.

So that is my theory. A Jake Muzzin trade is coming our way.

I think Holl, Muzzin and Kerfoot are all staying and we're going to try run back the 2022 team with minimal disruption.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Holl, Muzzin and Kerfoot are all staying and we're going to try run back the 2022 team with minimal disruption.

But how? 20 man roster, without signing Sandin, we are just at the Cap. You think they'll let Sandin go, and will be comfortable not being able to call anyone up if there is an injury?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I get the allure of adding depth guys like ZAR, but I’m just as happy giving the guys in house a crack.
First line is set.
Assuming JT/WN stay together. Need a winger. Could always give guys 15-20 game trials and rotate in/out if needed. (Or run WN/JT/CJ.)
Assuming Jarnkrok to the third line, it’s set.
Leaves Kerfoot, NickRob, Steeves, Malgin, JoeyA, Holmberg, Abruzzese, Gaudette and Aube-Kubel battling for 3/4 jobs.
Steeves/Holmberg/Abruzzese/Robertson are waiver exempt, so they’d really need to push the needle.
I don’t see much need for more bodies, though sone are of course interesting value options

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Off-season

Kerfoot 500k retained for Blais
Holl somewhere for a 3rd

Trade deadline

Sign Knies

1st, Muzzin, Robertson, Woll/Kallgren + ?? (anything more needed??) for Patrick Kane 50% retained

2nd 24 and Hirvonen for Mayfield

Bunting-Matthews-Kane
Knies-JT-Marner
88-Jarnkrok-Blais
Engvall-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Mayfield
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liljegren
Benn

Murray
Samsonov

Not sure Muzzin waives for Chicago...probably not
Well you certainly have a lot more faith than I do for this team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But how? 20 man roster, without signing Sandin, we are just at the Cap. You think they'll let Sandin go, and will be comfortable not being able to call anyone up if there is an injury?

I just feel like there's a lot of grid lock in the league right now with the flat cap, and deleting salary is not as easy or possible as we would like to think.

Just looking at the free cap space around the league, there's just not a lot of available cap:

Attachments

• Cap Space.PNG
    Cap Space.PNG
    84.7 KB · Views: 7

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I get the allure of adding depth guys like ZAR, but I’m just as happy giving the guys in house a crack.
First line is set.
Assuming JT/WN stay together. Need a winger. Could always give guys 15-20 game trials and rotate in/out if needed. (Or run WN/JT/CJ.)
Assuming Jarnkrok to the third line, it’s set.
Leaves Kerfoot, NickRob, Steeves, Malgin, JoeyA, Holmberg, Abruzzese, Gaudette and Aube-Kubel battling for 3/4 jobs.
Steeves/Holmberg/Abruzzese/Robertson are waiver exempt, so they’d really need to push the needle.
I don’t see much need for more bodies, though sone are of course interesting value options
Leafs do have a ton of depth for bottom 6 forwards, guys who could play in a pinch.

Focusing on what they have in house, having flexibility and ability to accumulate cap space could be their best bet.

Reactions: aingefan

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
PLD is going to be pretty hated in Winnipeg this year, should be fun to watch.

And if they don't move Scheif or Wheeler, or anyone from their core .. that could be a power keg.

The Jets only notable move is signing Rittich ... they've done nothing up front or on defense.

PLD seems like a trade that's going to get done early in the season, once rosters are sorted out and teams see how they're doing through 20~ games

Reactions: al secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad