Trades and Free Agency - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
So according to you Samsonov has underperformed his contract and Kerfoot is worth $7 million?
This is strictly based off EvolvingHockey GAR, just like the Athletic strictly uses GVSA. As far as Samsonov - I have goalie GAR and skater GAR in the same pool. If he was ranked against only goalies he would show significantly higher.

The only reason I put this together is because the Athletic's model is so flawed given they calculate negative values into the sum, this is just an adjusted version where all contracts are between 750k and 16.5M. I use GAR because GSVA isn't downloadable.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Fantasy land

Snag Larkin (retained) and Bertuzzi
For
Kerfoot + Engvall + Sandin + Voit + 1st

Then
Chychrun +Vejmelka
For
Knies + Murray + 1st (2024) + 2nd

Lol

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Nylander
Larkin-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-Holmberg-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-McMann

Chychrun-Brodie
Rielly-Liljgren
Giordano-Holl

Samsonov
Vejmelka

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
I doubt very much that this Chychrun stuff is legit, but I’d love to get him. Just don’t see him as Dubas’ number one trade target.

I think he would be more focused on a solid top six forward. So I’m calling bs on all this buzz about Chychrun.

Reactions: Burnie97

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Dylan Larkin trying to work out a trade to Toronto so he can play with Mitch Marner. :sarcasm:

Just for fun the year of the 2014 draft on my personal draft board I had Dylan Larkin going to my Leafs instead of Willy Nylander.

Larkin would already be a Leaf if I was drafting. Look how close their career points are?

1675574605751.png

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just for fun the year of the 2014 draft on my personal draft board I had Dylan Larkin going to my Leafs instead of Willy Nylander.

Larkin would already be a Leaf if I was drafting. Look how close their career points are?

View attachment 645903
Larkin also played close to 60 games more.
Mess, you are better than that.

I know it means nothing, but since we need something to talk about, and want some entertainment, Chychrun has removed Arizona from his bio and started Leafs players.
Huh? Was it on Wiki?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

View attachment 645903
I remember during the broadcast on TSN they said if Nylander wasn't available Larkin would have been their next choice, because they liked him just as much.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

View attachment 645903
Nylander has amassed his point totals (one more than Larkin) in sixty games less.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Since I am living in Michigan I feel compelled to chime in on Larkin. I see no way he leaves Detroit. He is beloved here more than any Leaf is beloved in Toronto. He is probably the most popular Detroit athlete right now. Yzerman is pressing him just like he did to Stamkos but at the end of the day I just don’t see him leaving.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Larkin’s price tag out of reach. Just the hype alone has Dubas over a barrel in this one. Doubt he leaves Detroit. Local guy, Captain, I just don’t see it even if we could afford him.

Chychrun social media hubbub aside, I would target him. Probably costs a 1st, Sandin and/or a prospect. He has 2 years left on his contract after this year, but a M-NTC kicks in after this year. He had the size, offense we need for the playoffs. As long as we keep Liljegren, I think we can afford losing Sandin with Topi coming up in a year or so and Timmins’ play also deepens or D core to pull from.

Reactions: jiggy35

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Since I am living in Michigan I feel compelled to chime in on Larkin. I see no way he leaves Detroit. He is beloved here more than any Leaf is beloved in Toronto. He is probably the most popular Detroit athlete right now. Yzerman is pressing him just like he did to Stamkos but at the end of the day I just don’t see him leaving.
Ya never know, he might get giddy at the thought of playing with the likes of AM, MM, WN, JT and Rielly and possibly go on a run with one of the top teams instead of treading water with an up and coming team for 2 or 3 more years before they are competitive.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
I read an article about how Dubas could make a “cheeky” move, by trading for Nyquist. Not sure if I’m allowed to attach the link to the article, so I won’t.

It basically says that by trading for him and then putting him on LTIR after one day, it would open up a lot more cap space to make moves at the deadline.

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad