Proposal: Trade Thread Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
English notes from my rusty french it looks like MB made a new offer on laine?

An interesting team to watch on the Patrik Laine front may be the Philadelphia Flyers and the talk is they’re making an aggressive push. They have the ability to make the deal if they can find the right fit with the Jets. A league executive speculated Sunday the Flyers would probably want to see if there’s a fit in Winnipeg for defenceman Shayne Gostisbehere. He has three years left with a cap hit of $4.5 million per season, but the Jets could also look to get a second-line centre in return. The Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are both believed to have made pitches for Laine, 22, who has 138 goals and 247 points in 305 games. You have to think find a fit with the Habs the Jets would want Phillip Danault in return. The Sabres, Wings, Rangers, Wild and Panthers all have interest … The Jets are trying to get defenceman Dylan DeMelo signed, but there still a sizeable gap to bridge if that’s going to happen. DeMelo was dealt to Winnipeg by the Senators at the February deadllne and has a chance to cash in.

Reactions: habsfan891

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't want Saad or Killorn -

Preferred RW in order (of those apparently available):

Laine
Anderson
Virtanen
Greenway (plays both wings)

Reactions: EXPOS123

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Montreal doesnt need killhorn. One thing montreal has a bunch is a middle 6 winger. Bring this guy will only tight our cap space. Again. I rather like to pay the big price for Taylor Hall than Killorn. In montreal, Killorn will bring 15 goal, 20 passes and no cup. He will be a borderline 2nd winger/3rd line. We already have tatar, gallagher, drouin, domi, danault able to play this role. If you want to bring size, make a lateral move. Its something like domi vs greenway/buchnevich (example). If you want to do it.
But none of our middle six can hit their way out of a paperbag of go into the corners to retrieve pucks and score 20 plus goals. We do not have any players like him in the lineup.

We have a bunch of semi skilled, soft as butter, periphery players in the top 6. But no grit outside of Gally but he doesn't have the size to go into the corners. Tatar, Drouin, Armia, Lehkonen, Byron, Weal, etc etc etc. which one of these guys is like Killorn?

Reactions: Vachon23

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
To winnipeg : Dumba/ caufield / 1stpick mtl. To montreal : Laine . To minnesota : Domi / fleury . Thats would be my kind of trade. Caufield is only 3 years younger than laine... its not like if we acquire an agging player for him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd like to see Danault does with Panarin too.

If that's what we wanna compare.

Danault > Strome

We can all agree on that minus 1 person probably.
It’s more than points though, overall I believe Danault to be the better player and you can’t hide the fact that he’s a local guy, it’s definitely a bonus, especially at equal value or value that barely budges the needle.

I like Strome, but not more than Danault

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

An interesting team to watch on the Patrik Laine front may be the Philadelphia Flyers and the talk is they’re making an aggressive push. They have the ability to make the deal if they can find the right fit with the Jets. A league executive speculated Sunday the Flyers would probably want to see if there’s a fit in Winnipeg for defenceman Shayne Gostisbehere. He has three years left with a cap hit of $4.5 million per season, but the Jets could also look to get a second-line centre in return. The Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are both believed to have made pitches for Laine, 22, who has 138 goals and 247 points in 305 games. You have to think find a fit with the Habs the Jets would want Phillip Danault in return. The Sabres, Wings, Rangers, Wild and Panthers all have interest … The Jets are trying to get defenceman Dylan DeMelo signed, but there still a sizeable gap to bridge if that’s going to happen. DeMelo was dealt to Winnipeg by the Senators at the February deadllne and has a chance to cash in.

Okay, than do it!!

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
It’s more than points though, overall I believe Danault to be the better player and you can’t hide the fact that he’s a local guy, it’s definitely a bonus, especially at equal value or value that barely budges the needle.

I like Strome, but not more than Danault
I think that with our actual setup, I'd rather have Danault over Strome.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Domi > Ghost and what center are the Flyers going to add on Ghost to sweeten the deal? Flyers probably offering Ghost, Patrick, and Their 1st? Does this Trump Domi, Caufield, and 16th? I don't think so but it's not a horrible gap. Would the Jets gamble on Patrick?

Reactions: jaffy27

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
But none of our middle six can hit their way out of a paperbag of go into the corners to retrieve pucks and score 20 plus goals. We do not have any players like him in the lineup.

We have a bunch of semi skilled, soft as butter, periphery players in the top 6. But no grit outside of Gally but he doesn't have the size to go into the corners. Tatar, Drouin, Armia, Lehkonen, Byron, Weal, etc etc etc. which one of these guys is like Killorn?
agree with you. Killhorn is a powerforward type that we lack. But i would prefer to acquire this kind of player by another team than Tampa. Cause, first of all, you are gonna help a team in your own division, cause they will be able to sign theirs other players easily. Or if you acquire a guy like that by tampa. You asking for a sweetner. Like a 2nd pick or a prospect

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Domi > Ghost and what center are the Flyers going to add on Ghost to sweeten the deal? Flyers probably offering Ghost, Patrick, and Their 1st? Does this Trump Domi, Caufield, and 16th? I don't think so but it's not a horrible gap. Would the Jets gamble on Patrick?

I don't think where offering that much and for Philly yes It would make sense that they want Patrick he is from Winnipeg and he fit with the Jets (player with size). I don't know what is Patrick value though with all the injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad