Proposal: Trade Thread Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Ryan Strome is an upgrade on Danault? Are you serious?
He is a better offensive minded player.

If you are a Hab fan that is hard to understand because we are accustomed to lunchbox two-way 30-40 point centers. Which is exactly what Danault is.

Strome during his bad seasons was still a 13 goal 30 point center while Danault during his best seasons as a 1st line center is only a 13 goal center

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Why on earth would the Habs want to get Killorn? I swear if they do, I'm going to blow a gasket. We need a high end goal scorerer with size- sure the size is there, but this guy has averaged between 15 -20 goals a season with his highest point total being last year with 49 points (which also happened to be the year with his highest goal total as well with 26).

And oh yea, he's on the wrong side of 30 and with a 4.5million cap hit over the next two years.

For the love of God Bozovin, stop trying to put square pegs in a round hole...

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Why on earth would the Habs want to get Killorn? I swear if they do, I'm going to blow a gasket. We need a high end goal scorerer with size- sure the size is there, but this guy has averaged between 15 -20 goals a season with his highest point total being last year with 49 points (which also happened to be the year with his highest goal total as well with 26).

And oh yea, he's on the wrong side of 30 and with a 4.5million cap hit over the next two years.

And he is a LW, of which we already have Drouin, Tatar, Lehkonen, Domi, Byron

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Easy prediction: Habs get Saad and Killornd tomorrow...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm most likely in the minority here in not minding either of them. Both of them add size on the wings. Both of them add experience (could come in handy with the likes of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi). They are both cup winners and even more, have been on teams that made deep runs in the playoffs, so they know a little something about what it takes to win.

Reactions: blarneylad

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He is a better offensive minded player.

If you are a Hab fan that is hard to understand because we are accustomed to lunchbox two-way 30-40 point centers. Which is exactly what Danault is.

Strome during his bad seasons was still a 13 goal 30 point center while Danault during his best seasons as a 1st line center is only a 13 goal center
Danault is not juste a 2 way 30-40 like ellers was, he's a 50-60p selke top 5 defensive center in the league.

strome imo doesnt move the needle

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm most likely in the minority here in not minding either of them. Both of them add size on the wings. Both of them add experience (could come in handy with the likes of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi). They are both cup winners and even more, have been on teams that made deep runs in the playoffs, so they know a little something about what it takes to win.
You acquire guys like that when you are just a few pieces away from the cup, as Tampa Bay was and that's why they acquired Coleman et al...

We are light years from winning a cup, so they serve no purpose on a team like ours....just added redundancy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) Domi for the 8th pick (Holtz or Quinn)
2) 16th and Fleury (or Brook) for Rakell.
3) 3rd and 4th for Killorn

Domi, 16th OA, Fleury, 3rd, 4th
for
Rakell, Killorn, and 8th OA (Holtz or Quinn) `

Solid roster with less flaws on wing but probably still a weak PP

KC0O1o8.png

Reactions: blarneylad

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Your not the only one for Saad. He’s underrated here and he would sure bring something to our team and he’s better then nothing

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I would actually prefer Danault as a 3rd liner as long as he knows that and Julien knows that. Strome is, despite what people on here would suggest probably without watching a single rags game, a much better offensive player. He has the instincts to compliment the cerebral game of a Panarin. Danault is a mucker hence why he found success with Gallagher on his line. They really weren't a pretty line to watch but more of your typical Habs lunchbox line (Lets face it we haven't seen gamebreaking skill on this roster since Kovalev)

Strome has a penchant for taking penalties which likely would put him on the 4th line with a coach like Julien.

I just don't see Danault fitting here well because it would mean him eating his pride. That coupled with a likely cold spell by one if not both of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi and Julien will quickly go back to what he knows.

Danault being moved actually in my opinion will in the long term benefit the team because 3rd line centers that score 30 points aren't worth 4+M that Danault likely finds himself getting after this year. He is a valuable trade asset now
NYR want a center, and they dont want to keep Stome
Think about his..

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You acquire guys like that when you are just a few pieces away from the cup, as Tampa Bay was and that's why they acquired Coleman et al...

We are light years from winning a cup, so they serve no purpose on a team like ours....just added redundancy.

Not sure about redundancy. They both play with a bit of an edge. They'd bring something other forwards don't offer. Also, that experience of winning a cup and going deep in the playoffs could benefit the team (particularly the young players).

I'm not saying they should be the targets. I just won't be disappointed if they trade for either of them. At a reasonable cost, of course.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009

Because maybe Killorn comes with a prospect
or that we will trade Tatar
or maybe we need more infos.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Because maybe Killorn comes with a prospect
or that we will trade Tatar
or maybe we need more infos.

If you add another LW like Killorn, where does Domi fit? You would have to trade him for futures in another trade. Then the cap fits. Tight but it fits for this next season anyways.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
If you add another LW like Killorn, where does Domi fit? You would have to trade him for futures in another trade. Then the cap fits. Tight but it fits for this next season anyways.
Domi is gone for me, I like to Buf Min or Win 1st (or laine...)

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Montreal doesnt need killhorn. One thing montreal has a bunch is a middle 6 winger. Bring this guy will only tight our cap space. Again. I rather like to pay the big price for Taylor Hall than Killorn. In montreal, Killorn will bring 15 goal, 20 passes and no cup. He will be a borderline 2nd winger/3rd line. We already have tatar, gallagher, drouin, domi, danault able to play this role. If you want to bring size, make a lateral move. Its something like domi vs greenway/buchnevich (example). If you want to do it.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I swear if it’s Saad, I’ll be pretty f***ing Saad. If it’s Killorn, I’ll be pretty f***ing Maad. If we get both, then holy shit will it be Baad.

Get a real upgrade. A real top liner.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

I guess I won’t change your mind if I told you that cap hit is over the next 3 years. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad