Proposal: Trade Thread Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
If Bergevin finds a way to bring Laine here, I might consider forgiving him. To have Laine rejuvenate his career with us alongside Suzuki would be lethal.

Winnipeg would demand Suzuki as part of a package for Laine....

Reactions: jellybeans

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Domi Mete for Dumba Eriksson-Ek

Danault Dumba Byron and 16th overall pick
For
Laine Lowry

Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Laine
Tatar Eriksson-Ek Gallagher
Poehling Lowry Evans
Weal

Chiarot Weber
Edmunson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Fleury

Price
Allen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Domi Mete for Dumba Eriksson-Ek

Danault Dumba Byron and 16th overall pick
For
Laine Lowry

Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Laine
Tatar Eriksson-Ek Gallagher
Poehling Lowry Evans
Weal

Chiarot Weber
Edmunson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Fleury

Price
Allen

A lot to unpack...

IF the Jets wanted Dumba and Danault as main pieces in a deal for Laine, (I'm not saying they would) Danault would definitely have to come with an extension. Winnipeg are terrified of players walking and/or not signing extensions.

Reactions: Benstheman

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd be curious to know the price for Greenway. I know he's a bottom 6 forward, but all our bottom 6 forwards besides Armia are pretty much clones.

Reactions: Hins77

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Jets could very well be asking for KK/Suzuki and maybe more. I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't trade Domi+16th+Juulsen or whatever if that's all it took.

On the other hand, Bergevin does like holding onto his players and overrating them.
If the price for Laine was Domi+16th+Juulsen the deal would have been done already.:sarcasm:

Reactions: 26Mats

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I would do the same thing that you did about every team for fun. I think there is no much a big difference about every team. My point is, I don’t want to excuse the bad jobs of the scouting groups of montreal. I think, many posters here are over evaluating what a pick is really. You will hit the water with a sword so much time before to hit a good player. When Somebody told me that JO drouin is not as much valuable than a second pick. Im just stating laughing. The first round imo is the only valuable. I would also say, afther the 25th pick, thats bust after bust
Big difference if you do it for the fun , is that you will probably find an actual impact player or 2 while in Montreal we have none

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Laine is overrated IMO, getting him would do more damage than an improvement to this roster in the long run.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yup... 22 yrs old, 138 goals & .81 ppg... Totally overrated. Lol
I'm not saying he's trash, I just think the price to acquire him will be too steep for what he'll bring eventually.

He's like a better version of Pacioretty, how that worked out for us?

Keep building through the center position is the way to go IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yup... 22 yrs old, 138 goals & .81 ppg... Totally overrated. Lol

His career stats from 18-21 is 66 pts and 37 goals. Do you see uphill steep trajectory? I don't, and he plays with some good top 6 and PP talent too! Do you see him improving? What area? Doubt his shot get better. Skating? Playing more physical? I think what you see is what you get right now.

I have his trade value set at 70-75 pts and 40 goals (+/-). I think the Jets are going to want 80-100 pts and 50 goal trade value. So yes, I think it's fair to say he is overrated to some degree. He will be overpaid. $9M is not horrible but he better be producing at that AAV! What does he want?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Is there a reason Bergevin shouldn’t be trading Domi, Danault amd Tatar? None have a long term future here unless he trades one of KK or Suzuki and all three can go a long way in bringing in assets we need long term.

I know it’s hard to trade players you traded for and love, but this is a business and a competitive league. These are the hard trades successfully run teams make to stay successful.

I feel like Domi has played his last game here. Traded likely for a winger as I just don't think he'll return a defender that moves the needle much against what we currently roster. If Domi would play the wing effectively I would have a different opinion as center depth like that would be amazing but I just don't see it. I think we are better off with an established winger vs a converted center who's going to be ineffective much of the time even at the loss of depth. If we can get a similarly aged high end defender I'd of course be ecstatic.

Danault, in my estimation, has a future here. As long as he's on a line with Gallagher he'll get the offensive opportunities he wants and frankly I think the two pair really well together anyway as a post powerplay line to take away momentum and energy when you know the opposing teams top line is about to come at us.

Tatar is likely only a matter of time. But personally I put a lot of developmental value on success, both individual and team. When you have young and important players on your roster like Suzuki and KK and possibly Caufield, a guy like Tatar takes pressure off, allows them to play a bit looser, and gives them a better opportunity to win night in night out. Ultimately I don't think Tatar loses so much value by waiting to move him at a deadline that he needs to be traded now vs sometime in the future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not saying he's trash, I just think the price to acquire him will be too steep for what he'll bring eventually.

He's like a better version of Pacioretty, how that worked out for us?

Keep building through the center position is the way to go IMO.

You're not wrong. I see him like Patch but a bit better too. Better shot and goal scorer but not as good as a skater or 200' player. However, I would trade for him if the price was right though. Has to be Domi, +, + though. Not sure I would do Domi, 16th OA, and Caufield. That could back fire on us big time! Domi, 16th, and one of Harris, Fleury, Brook. If they want Poehling, I won't put up a fuss. That type of trade. If they think it's low or another team gives them more, let them have Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad