Proposal: Trade Thread Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm sure Winnipeg would rather get top young players when they are trading away a 22 year old 2nd OA pick and I'm sure they would rather have quantity rather than quality. When a team like Carolina can easily give up Pesce+Trocheck+ and they don't, it tells me that the Jets want a big piece and rightfully so.
Extended Danault Dumba 1st pick + prospect >>> Trocheck Pesce.
Trocheck last 2 years are literally 40 points player , let's chill a bit on his value. id take Domi and Danault over Trocheck.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Extended Danault Dumba 1st pick + prospect >>> Trocheck Pesce.
Trocheck last 2 years are literally 40 points player , let's chill a bit on his value. id take Domi and Danault over Trocheck.
Danault>Trocheck
Pesce>Dumba

And I said Trocheck+Pesce+. I'm sure it is also very tempting for them to reunite Aho and Laine and having Terevainen on the other side. But they either don't like Laine that much which makes sense, or are required to give up better assets.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Danault>Trocheck
Pesce>Dumba

And I said Trocheck+Pesce+. I'm sure it is also very tempting for them to reunite Aho and Laine and having Terevainen on the other side. But they either don't like Laine that much which makes sense, or are required to give up better assets.
Really wondering what Carolina , they have 2 overrated goalies signed for 1 more year. Good D , Hamilton will want to get paid. Carolina will most likely lose a d-man in the expansion. They have decent forwards but nothing 2 crazy. Lack of creativity and goaltending killed them this year

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Winnipeg clearly wants players who are 100% in the nhl and more than ready (Not saying Suzuki and KK are not nhler) But i mean like semi vets.

I feel like Habs could easily trade for Dumba in Minnesota for Domi with like Kulak let's say. Because right now Minnesota is 100% losing Dumba next season. Hes 100% a goner.

After this trade you could swap Dumba with extended Danault and 2020 1st with Mete and trade for Laine and depth def.

Winnipeg will get a top 4 d-man they really need. Will be able to protect him with Morissey in the expansion. Then Danault would put winnipeg a way better team the center line with Scheifele in top 6.

Winnipeg would lose a 40 goals scorer but still have a good top 6 wingers with an extremely good offensive d-man in Scheifele and a perfect 2way center in Danault who will be playing with good wingers like he was here . So his production will go around 40-50 points.

While Jets get Dumba and Mete in the back because god knows they have nothing in the back minus Morrisey and Pionk.

Habs lost 2 depth d-man that have no space to shine in MTL Kulak and Mete.
Habs lose a Domi that does not want to play on wings and whos talent will be wasted on a 3rd line and will be playing on a 2nd line in Minnesota.
Habs would lose 2 established center but atleast they would gain a perfect top 3 player for several years. Habs can always find a decent 3rd line center on the market to play with Armia and Lekhonen who are not half bad.

Habs give way more in this but , you gotta overpay to get what you need. Sometimes it's good to overpay. Now it's the time.
No offense but not a f*ckin chance, I think Domi can maybe net a Josh Anderson..I say maybe.

Also Jets will want equivalent age bracket return for Laine, thus 23 and younger on digestible long term deals. They are not trading a 23 year old for a 27, 28, 29 year old much more expensive player. For Habs to acquire Laine, package starts with Suzuki/KK + Romanov + 1st rounder.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Danault>Trocheck
Pesce>Dumba

I have a hard time believing Carolina offered up Trocheck+Pesce+. They have cost conscious owner and an analytically driven FO, neither of which would look favourably on Laine.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Not hyping ****, pointing out that acquiring draft picks is not nothing.

If you want to be bitter about literally everything Bergevin does or doesn't do then that's your prerogative, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made reset/retool moves.
''retool moves'' and a real retool is not the same thing. Move like turning a 6th dman into a 5th pick is not retooling.

Retooling is like Trading Danault with an extension with a first pick to get a need. That's a retool. Swapping a player you have extra for needs. He did not do anything of this sort.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Is there a reason Bergevin shouldn’t be trading Domi, Danault amd Tatar? None have a long term future here unless he trades one of KK or Suzuki and all three can go a long way in bringing in assets we need long term.

I know it’s hard to trade players you traded for and love, but this is a business and a competitive league. These are the hard trades successfully run teams make to stay successful.

because trade are fun and that is the only thing we are winning in the last 5 years...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
No offense but not a f*ckin chance, I think Domi can maybe net a Josh Anderson..I say maybe.

Also Jets will want equivalent age bracket return for Laine, thus 23 and younger on digestible long term deals. They are not trading a 23 year old for a 27, 28, 29 year old much more expensive player. For Habs to acquire Laine, package starts with Suzuki/KK + Romanov + 1st rounder.
Im sorry but a 3rd liner Josh Anderson who broke the 30 points cap 1 in time his career is not f***ing worth Max Domi that get close to 50 points in a more than average year.

The f*** is wrong with people on this board with Josh Anderson , hes turning 27 next year and struggle to make it on the second line.
Id rather have Armia on the third than freaking Josh Anderson , another ''wannabe warrior'' with no talent

Reactions: Habs Icing

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Domi has much more value than Anderson. Anderson has one good year and even that was pretty mediocre point wise. Domi’s had way more points and plays a more sought after position. Also, Anderson coming off a bad shoulder injury and horrid season.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
''retool moves'' and a real retool is not the same thing. Move like turning a 6th dman into a 5th pick is not retooling.

Retooling is like Trading Danault with an extension with a first pick to get a need. That's a retool. Swapping a player you have extra for needs. He did not do anything of this sort.

They're both retooling. You're just bitter Bergevin isn't doing exactly what you want when you want.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Just curious. Would anyone here trade one of Suzuki, KK or Romanov in a package for Laine?

If the answer is No, that's why it wont happen.

If your answer is yes, it still wont happen but at least you can still dream about it ...Berg wont do it.
No but i would trade Kk 1st Domi for Lafrenière

Reactions: Gains

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Im sorry but a 3rd liner Josh Anderson who broke the 30 points cap 1 in time his career is not f***ing worth Max Domi that get close to 50 points in a more than average year.

The f*** is wrong with people on this board with Josh Anderson , hes turning 27 next year and struggle to make it on the second line.
Id rather have Armia on the third than freaking Josh Anderson , another ''wannabe warrior'' with no talent
As McGuire said the prevalent view amongst NHL GMs is that Domi was a one hit wonder.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
They're both retooling. You're just bitter Bergevin isn't doing exactly what you want when you want.
What a terrible take . Im bitter because Bergevin moves are complete brainless and nothing expectional.
I seriously laugh at people thinking Bergevin is making good moves all over and his managing his tools perfectly. Talking the same idiot that just traded for a second goalie at 4.5m a year and 5th dman for 4 years at 3.5m.

If Swapping Scandella and Kovalchuk for draft picks means a good job for you then im sorry to say that but , ur expectation of success is god damn low. The perfect Bargin move. Nothing for nothing.

We are still 1 injury of Carey Price to end up bottom 5 in the league. That's how bad this roster is.
We played Cousins and Weal on the powerplay this season. Good retool

Reactions: EXPOS123

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I thought for sure the Habs would be in on Laine now that Danault's name is out there. Maybe they know the ask will be KK or Romanov. Or maybe they have their sights set on Hall.

Id rather have Hall and keep the assets that it would have cost for Laine.

Laine would have been amazing but it was a pipe dream. the cost would have been too outrageous.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
What a terrible take . Im bitter because Bergevin moves are complete brainless and nothing expectional.
I seriously laugh at people thinking Bergevin is making good moves all over and his managing his tools perfectly. Talking the same idiot that just traded for a second goalie at 4.5m a year and 5th dman for 4 years at 3.5m.

If Swapping Scandella and Kovalchuk for draft picks means a good job for you then im sorry to say that but , ur expectation of success is god damn low. The perfect Bargin move. Nothing for nothing.

Who is saying this?

You're not happy with Bergevin, but instead of just criticizing his questionable moves (Allen trade) or bad moves (Edmundson signing), you're complaining about literally everything he does or doesn't do.

Reactions: Kwikwi

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Who is saying this?

You're not happy with Bergevin, but instead of just criticizing his questionable moves (Allen trade) or bad moves (Edmundson signing), you're complaining about literally everything he does or doesn't do.
8 years
missed ahl playoffs 7 times in 8 years
missed nhl playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years.
Took 3 seasons to find a backup goalie
Failure or drafting talent.
Failure to acquire good Ufas except Radulov that he spitted on.
Let Markov walk.
Signed Alzner , Made an offer to Bonino and Lucic.
Laughable Offer Sheet to Aho.
Gave Price a terrible contract.
Traded Subban for Weber then did not make any more major moves during Price prime.
Never addressed a top 4 LHD that can move the puck after letting Markov walk
Rushed multiple prospects into garbage.
Took a 3rd overall and trading a 39 goals scorer to (finally cause they are still rookies) fill the center spot.
Unable to find skilled wingers that can shoot the puck.
Always gets depth players and goons at deadline.
Literally said on golf tournament that David Schemlko was gonna be a good partner for Weber , a guy that was traded 5 times in 6 years.
The list goes on.

How the hell can you not not criticize his actions when he's about to enter is 9th year

What about his 5 years plan?

Of course im not f***ing happy , who the f*** in this board should be happy that Bergevin is still a GM and who's also unable to fix needs for years.
This team was so bad during the regular season that we were going to end up 25-27th in the league.

How a backup goalie and another fake top 4 d-man will improve this team. Allen is gone next year Edmundson might get shipped to Seattle or Chariot , thats gonna put the habs in the same exact position once again.

Habs next offseason will be the most important offseason in the last 15 years. alot of Ufas , Rfas , expansion. Weber and Price aging.

This team is no better than the day Bergevin was hired in 2012.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
8 years
missed ahl playoffs 7 times in 8 years
missed nhl playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years.
Took 3 seasons to find a backup goalie
Failure or drafting talent.
Failure to acquire good Ufas except Radulov that he spitted on.
Let Markov walk.
Signed Alzner , Made an offer to Bonino and Lucic.
Laughable Offer Sheet to Aho.
Gave Price a terrible contract.
Traded Subban for Weber then did not make any more major moves during Price prime.
Never addressed a top 4 LHD that can move the puck.
Rushed multiple prospects into garbage.
Took a 3rd overall and trading a 39 goals scorer to (finally cause they are still rookies) fill the center spot.
Unable to find skilled wingers that can shoot the puck.
Always gets depth players and goons at deadline.
Literally said on golf tournament that David Schemlko was gonna be a good partner for Weber , a guy that was traded 5 times in 6 years.
The list goes on.

How the hell can you not not criticize his actions when he's about to enter is 9th years.

What about his 5 years plan?

Of course im not f***ing happy , who the f*** in this board should be happy that Bergevin is still a GM and who's also unable to fix needs for years.
This team was so bad during the regular season that we were going to end up 25-27th in the league.

How a backup goalie and another fake top 4 d-man will improve this team. Allen is gone next year Edmundson might get shipped to Seattle or Chariot , thats gonna put the habs in the same exact position once again.

Habs next offseason will be the most important offseason in the last 15 years. alot of Ufas , Rfas , expansion. Weber and Price aging.

I absolutely criticize his actions. I'm just unwilling to criticize literally everything he's done or does or doesn't do or hasn't done. If I felt the way you seem to I wouldn't even be on these boards because its just unhealthy.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I absolutely criticize his actions. I'm just unwilling to criticize literally everything he's done or does or doesn't do or hasn't done. If I felt the way you seem to I wouldn't even be on these boards because its just unhealthy.
Im gonna Criticize all his bad actions. His good actions are fragments of moves. Im not gonna be hyped because we got a backup and another Chariot. He could have made those moves after the big waves of good players. But instead he rushed them.

I know what's hes trying to do. He's gonna put more prospect in the ahl to protect them from the expansion. Im 100% that's his plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad