Proposal: Trade Thread Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Is there a reason Bergevin shouldn’t be trading Domi, Danault amd Tatar? None have a long term future here unless he trades one of KK or Suzuki and all three can go a long way in bringing in assets we need long term.

I know it’s hard to trade players you traded for and love, but this is a business and a competitive league. These are the hard trades successfully run teams make to stay successful.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Is there a reason Bergevin shouldn’t be trading Domi, Danault amd Tatar? None have a long term future here unless he trades one of KK or Suzuki and all three can go a long way in bringing in assets we need long term.

I know it’s hard to trade players you traded for and love, but this is a business and a competitive league. These are the hard trades successfully run teams make to stay successful.
Yes - his boss said retool is over, focus now is making playoffs. Unless those players can yield NHL ready talent who can help towards ownership mandate, it’s fruitless to trade them.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Canes rumored package has been Trotcek + Pesce + 1st, Philly is rumored to have upped the ante - curious of the offer.

Habs don’t even have a young top-4D on a digestible long term contract to offer up. Domi/Danault + 1st won’t come close to sufficing.

Bidding will need to start with Suzuki/KK + Romanov + 1st + another pick/prospect and even that won’t be close to enough

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Canes rumored package has been Trotcek + Pesce + 1st, Philly is rumored to have upped the ante - curious of the offer.

Habs don’t even have a young top-4D on a digestible long term contract to offer up. Domi/Danault + 1st won’t come close to sufficing.

Bidding will need to start with Suzuki/KK + Romanov + 1st + another pick/prospect and even that won’t be close to enough

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes - his boss said retool is over, focus now is making playoffs. Unless those players can yield NHL ready talent who can help towards ownership mandate, it’s fruitless to trade them.

Yet, without COVID "saving" yet another abject failure of a season, we were once again on track for another lottery pick...

Molson can call it what he likes, this GM delivers mediocrity year-in, year-out. It's the one thing he's consistently good at.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m not saying to trade for picks. Wingers and useful players. We can take in more salary than they carry and add to upgrade the talent.

Reactions: salbutera

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yet, without COVID "saving" yet another abject failure of a season, we were once again on track for another lottery pick...

Molson can call it what he likes, this GM delivers mediocrity year-in, year-out. It's the one thing he's consistently good at.
The boss of the team obviously thinks his subordinate is doing an acceptable job. I have no way of telling you how Molson defines his GMs criteria of acceptable

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The boss of the team obviously thinks his subordinate is doing an acceptable job. I have no way of telling you how Molson defines his GMs criteria of acceptable

Bicep circumference?
Suit colour pallet worn per week?
Players thrown under the bus?
Excuses made?

All would be legit metrics that MB is killing it on!

Reactions: habsfan891

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I thought for sure the Habs would be in on Laine now that Danault's name is out there. Maybe they know the ask will be KK or Romanov. Or maybe they have their sights set on Hall.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People says ''retool is over'' but he never did a retool. The only retool trade he did was Armia.

Saying the Retool is done is complete stupidity , since no movements were made to say we were retooling.

Reactions: habsfan891

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
People says ''retool is over'' but he never did a retool. The only retool trade he did was Armia.

Saying the Retool is done is complete stupidity , since no movements were made to say we were retooling.

Pacioretty? Shaw? Galchenyuk? Deadline Rentals?

Come on now, if you're going to criticize Bergevin, at least do it for things he did wrong. Its not that hard.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
We were never doing a retool, it was called a reset.

Bad season? No problem, press that reset button on your Playstation and try again.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Dreger saying that Jets are serious about listening on Laine. They want a #2 center and want to bolster the top four on the blueline. However, Lebrun said that the Habs dont intend to be on the Laine sweepstakes.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Pacioretty? Shaw? Galchenyuk? Deadline Rentals?

Come on now, if you're going to criticize Bergevin, at least do it for things he did wrong. Its not that hard.
Galchenyuk was not a retool trade at all.
He traded shaw because he wanted to make that dumb OS to Aho.
Pacioretty wanted out , but you could count that it was a retool trade.

But still , we could have easily traded for Marleau this season for a free first pick etc. Nothing crazy was made to make a real retool
We literally have the same exact core as 3 years ago minus 2 players and we are just getting older.

This retool was most likely a thing to make the media and naive fan to buy this load of crap

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Dreger saying that Jets are serious about listening on Laine. They want a #2 center and want to bolster the top four on the blueline. However, Lebrun said that the Habs dont intend to be on the Laine sweepstakes.
Nah man, we’re only interested in reclamation projects.

Besides, our big boss just said the retool is complete! All we needed was Edmundson and Allen to go from near-bottom of the barrel to apparent contenders.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Like I said , once again we will aim for mediocrity and or a terrible veteran with bad terms. Or even worse. Resigning everybody

If this is true , the fact that Bergevin is not all over this , I consider him as a big moron. Literally everything we need as a player fits with Laine.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nah man, we’re only interested in reclamation projects.

Like I said , once again we will aim for mediocrity and or a terrible veteran with bad terms. Or even worse. Resigning everybody
Jets could very well be asking for KK/Suzuki and maybe more. I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't trade Domi+16th+Juulsen or whatever if that's all it took.

On the other hand, Bergevin does like holding onto his players and overrating them.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Galchenyuk was not a retool trade at all.
He traded shaw because he wanted to make that dumb OS to Aho.
Pacioretty wanted out , but you could count that it was a retool trade.

But still , we could have easily traded for Marleau this season for a free first pick etc. Nothing crazy was made to make a real retool
We literally have the same exact core as 3 years ago minus 2 players and we are just getting older.

This retool was most likely a thing to make the media and naive fan to buy this load of crap

Yes it was. He got younger, more team control and changed the mix up.
He trade Shaw to get more picks. Montreal didn't need to move Shaw to make that offer sheet.

And Montreal could not have easily traded for Marleau this season for a free first pick. Toronto wasn't going to make that same move with an arch-rival. But if you're talking about using cap space to get picks, he literally turned cap space into a 2nd rounder with the Scandella shuffle.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Just curious. Would anyone here trade one of Suzuki, KK or Romanov in a package for Laine?

If the answer is No, that's why it wont happen.

If your answer is yes, it still wont happen but at least you can still dream about it ...Berg wont do it.

Reactions: Dutronc and SpezNc2

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Jets could very well be asking for KK/Suzuki and maybe more. I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't trade Domi+16th+Juulsen or whatever if that's all it took.

On the other hand, Bergevin does like holding onto his players and overrating them.
Winnipeg clearly wants players who are 100% in the nhl and more than ready (Not saying Suzuki and KK are not nhler) But i mean like semi vets.

I feel like Habs could easily trade for Dumba in Minnesota for Domi with like Kulak let's say. Because right now Minnesota is 100% losing Dumba next season. Hes 100% a goner.

After this trade you could swap Dumba with extended Danault and 2020 1st with Mete and trade for Laine and depth def.

Winnipeg will get a top 4 d-man they really need. Will be able to protect him with Morissey in the expansion. Then Danault would put winnipeg a way better team the center line with Scheifele in top 6.

Winnipeg would lose a 40 goals scorer but still have a good top 6 wingers with an extremely good offensive d-man in Scheifele and a perfect 2way center in Danault who will be playing with good wingers like he was here . So his production will go around 40-50 points.

While Jets get Dumba and Mete in the back because god knows they have nothing in the back minus Morrisey and Pionk.

Habs lost 2 depth d-man that have no space to shine in MTL Kulak and Mete.
Habs lose a Domi that does not want to play on wings and whos talent will be wasted on a 3rd line and will be playing on a 2nd line in Minnesota.
Habs would lose 2 established center but atleast they would gain a perfect top 3 player for several years. Habs can always find a decent 3rd line center on the market to play with Armia and Lekhonen who are not half bad.

Habs give way more in this but , you gotta overpay to get what you need. Sometimes it's good to overpay. Now it's the time.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Yes it was. He got younger, more team control and changed the mix up.
He trade Shaw to get more picks. Montreal didn't need to move Shaw to make that offer sheet.

And Montreal could not have easily traded for Marleau this season for a free first pick. Toronto wasn't going to make that same move with an arch-rival. But if you're talking about using cap space to get picks, he literally turned cap space into a 2nd rounder with the Scandella shuffle.
and then we still managed to get wors in those 2 seasons without acquiring anything except Suzuki.
That's not a retool. He was not even able to get an extra 1st.
Im still laughing at the fact we gave a mid pick for Allen when STL was in cap hell. Ridic.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
and then we still managed to get wors in those 2 seasons without acquiring anything except Suzuki.
That's not a retool. He was not even able to get an extra 1st.
Im still laughing at the fact we gave a mid pick for Allen when STL was in cap hell. Ridic.

Ya, drafts picks are figments of our imagination.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Winnipeg clearly wants players who are 100% in the nhl and more than ready (Not saying Suzuki and KK are not nhler) But i mean like semi vets.

I feel like Habs could easily trade for Dumba in Minnesota for Domi with like Kulak let's say. Because right now Minnesota is 100% losing Dumba next season. Hes 100% a goner.

After this trade you could swap Dumba with extended Danault and 2020 1st with Mete and trade for Laine and depth def.

Winnipeg will get a top 4 d-man they really need. Will be able to protect him with Morissey in the expansion. Then Danault would put winnipeg a way better team the center line with Scheifele in top 6.

Winnipeg would lose a 40 goals scorer but still have a good top 6 wingers with an extremely good offensive d-man in Scheifele and a perfect 2way center in Danault who will be playing with good wingers like he was here . So his production will go around 40-50 points.

While Jets get Dumba and Mete in the back because god knows they have nothing in the back minus Morrisey and Pionk.

Habs lost 2 depth d-man that have no space to shine in MTL Kulak and Mete.
Habs lose a Domi that does not want to play on wings and whos talent will be wasted on a 3rd line and will be playing on a 2nd line in Minnesota.
Habs would lose 2 established center but atleast they would gain a perfect top 3 player for several years. Habs can always find a decent 3rd line center on the market to play with Armia and Lekhonen who are not half bad.

Habs give way more in this but , you gotta overpay to get what you need. Sometimes it's good to overpay. Now it's the time.
I'm sure Winnipeg would rather get top young players when they are trading away a 22 year old 2nd OA pick and I'm sure they would rather have quantity rather than quality. When a team like Carolina can easily give up Pesce+Trocheck+ and they don't, it tells me that the Jets want a big piece and rightfully so.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I'm sure Winnipeg would rather get top young players when they are trading away a 22 year old 2nd OA pick and I'm sure they would rather have quantity rather than quality. When a team like Carolina can easily give up Pesce+Trocheck+ and they don't, it tells me that the Jets want a big piece and rightfully so.

It can also speak to the fact that Laine just might not be worth giving multiple big pieces from a contract/on ice impact POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad