Proposal: Trade Thread Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Would you do this? What would be our target at 27th? Lapierre, Foerster, Barron?

- Domi
- Blues 2nd (57th)
for
- Rakell
- Bruins 1st (27th)

Rackell hasn't been very good the last two years, so I'd be wary of trading for him. I mean you're basically banking on him going back to his 2016-2017, 2017-2018 form. No guarantees with that.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
First of, I don't like the 3rd line narrative. Habs are tracking to have three 2nd lines.

What does he want for a contract? We are all speculating based on the comments of usage. I'd sign him in a heartbeat at $6M - $6.25M range for 5+ years. He fits with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as a 1,2,3 punch
Yeah right, 3 2nd lines. You're dreaming in colour if you think there will be enough offensive talent on this team to construct 3 2nd lines. MB can't even bring in four top 4 defencemen and the defence is what he has been working on the most and you expect 3 2nd lines.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rackell hasn't been very good the last two years, so I'd be wary of trading for him. I mean you're basically banking on him going back to his 2016-2017, 2017-2018 form. No guarantees with that.

Rakell just had a similar season to Domi and they both struggle cause of usage and talent around them. And we are flipping the 57th for the 27th in that deal. Rakell fits our winger needs better than Domi does.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Would you do this? What would be our target at 27th? Lapierre, Foerster, Barron?

- Domi
- Blues 2nd (57th)
for
- Rakell
- Bruins 1st (27th)

Teams like the Ducks (rebuild) want prospects and better picks then what they currently have.

They won't do that trade.

It's the same situation with Mantha in Detroit. They will ask for something like Domi + Poehling + 1st round pick 2020 for Mantha + Veleno

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Teams like the Ducks (rebuild) want prospects and better picks then what they currently have.

They won't do that trade.

It's the same situation with Mantha in Detroit. They will ask for something like Domi + Poehling + 1st round pick 2020 for Mantha + Veleno

Who knows what the Ducks want. We could do another type trade. 16th OA for Rakell.

Wings won't trade Mantha. You will have to offersheet him in order to get him.

Reactions: tazsub3

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The Subban trade or something else?

Please don't say the Subban trade...
Nope.

I am talking about the year when he obliterated the LD with Alzner, Schlemko, Morrow and traded Sergachev for Drouin.

He gets a pass for the Subban trade because I think he didn't deserve that front loaded contract in the first place and Weber has more juice left in him.

I mixed up the years.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I'm clearly less confident than last year to land a game-changing prospect at 16 OA.

There's something about Jarvis's game that bugs me... Well, he's not the next Newhook IMO.

Not a huge fan of Mercer...

Not a huge fan of Holloway.. Plain and simple game.

Reichel has upside but sky isn't the limit.

Gunler gets me excited a little more than other prospects expected to go in that range.

I mean, these are good prospects, but they will be complementary wingers with 50-60 points upside. I just don't see any prospects in that range who could become future stars in the NHL.

Bottom line, I don't care if we use that pick to make a trade happen.

Personnaly, for the first time since Bergevin took office in 2012...I feel that he will trade that pick

Actually I am almost sure at 95% that he will trade it before the draft in order to get a big winger.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I'm Bergy... I overpay a little for a legit top 6 RW.

Domi, Danault, Kulak, Mete, Poehling, Brook, Fleury, Juulsen, 1st and 2nd round picks 2020. All available for the right RW.

If that doesn't work, get a veteran 3rd pairing RD to play with Romanov and trade for a plan B RW ala Palmieri or Kessel with some retention.

Otherwise pick up Pulju cheap and see if he can make his way to your top 6 throughout the year.

Forget Kovalchuk

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Personnaly, for the first time since Bergevin took office in 2012...I feel that he will trade that pick

Actually I am almost sure at 95% that he will trade it before the draft in order to get a big winger.

That sucks since any big winger that is going for the 16th over all pick is likely to suck.

Reactions: Gains

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
That sucks since any big winger that is going for the 16th over all pick is likely to suck.

The 16th overall can be package with something else to acquire that big RW.. For the first time in a very long time, we can give quality assets to fill a hole without creating another one.

Reactions: 1000eeer

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I think Anderson and Mantha are probably gonna be the less expensive powerforwards available.

Let’s get them both!!

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
1. (MTL) Domi + Kulak + 2nd round pick 2020 <-> (NYR) Chytil + Gauthier + 1rst round pick 2020 (22th)

Chytil becomes our third line center for years to come.

2. (MTL) Danault + Caufield + Brook + 1st round pick 2020 <-> (WPG) Laine

Drouin - Suzuki - Laine
Tatar - KK - Gallagher
Gauthier - Chytil - Armia
Lekhonen - Poehling - Byron

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
1. (MTL) Domi + Mete + 2nd round pick 2020 <-> (NYR) Chytil + Gauthier + Lias Andersson

Chytil becomes our third line center for years to come.

2. (MTL) Danault + Caufield + Brook + 1st round pick 2020 <-> (WPG) Laine

3. Byron traded for picks or prospects

Drouin - Suzuki - Laine
Tatar - KK - Gallagher
Gauthier - Chytil - Andersson
Lekhonen - Poehling - Armia

I like, would love to get Carolina 1st (22th) instead of Lias

Reactions: 1000eeer

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Every year since Bozovin has been here the draft crop has been below average (2013) to average....and he never traded our first rounder.

Now that the draft crop is supposed to be outstanding in both talent and depth you guys want him to trade it ?

FFS...trade the one of any other year (next year is supposed to be pretty slim), but come on man, we need all the picks we can get THIS year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad