Proposal: Trade Thread Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unless there's other health issues that arise later Julien should be good to go again now for another few years after having his stent put in to open his artery back up if he wants to. My old man had a couple of stents put in about 15 or so years ago and it fixed him right back up. He's 75 now and has more energy and go in him that many half his age so Julien should be fine.

Also look at his remaining contractual term with the Habs. Chances are it won't be renewed so it bolsters my point further, Julien doesn't have long to go as a Habs coach.

As for what happened with Julien, we all know people who got stents and made it far, however, I was listening to what Guy Boucher had to say about what life was like when he was coaching and he slept on the average 3-4 hours a day. That's not the lifestyle of average people who have gotten stents.

Bottom line is, it's not that the chances of survival are slim, it's the demands of the occupation that may drive someone like Julien, who doesn't need the money, to move on to some other less taxing pursuit.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if that would have more success than the posters on here who already try to do that for free.

And isn’t that already Eric Engels job?

Engels? Has brown tongue. Check.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
fortunately you vetted this proposal on our board, before you get flame thrown on main board. This is delusionally bad, and you need a timeout

Only on HF does an adult get sent for a timeout. :laugh:

Not sure why we wouldn't trade Domi to the Rangers? they have a lot of big skilled wingers and nice blue chip prospects.

Trade him to anyone who presents the best offer.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Also look at his remaining contractual term with the Habs. Chances are it won't be renewed so it bolsters my point further, Julien doesn't have long to go as a Habs coach.

As for what happened with Julien, we all know people who got stents and made it far, however, I was listening to what Guy Boucher had to say about what life was like when he was coaching and he slept on the average 3-4 hours a day. That's not the lifestyle of average people who have gotten stents.

Bottom line is, it's not that the chances of survival are slim, it's the demands of the occupation that may drive someone like Julien, who doesn't need the money, to move on to some other less taxing pursuit.

Maybe but I don't tthink this will stop him from coaching in the NHL even if the Habs do let him go in the near future and if he still feels good and still wants to coach somewhere.

Just listening to his media briefing after the Habs season ended it was very apparent he is very passionate and absolutely loves coaching and I think if he feels good and still wants to coach he will continue to do so if it's with the Habs or elsewhere. I hope though whenever Julien does decide to give up coaching it's because he chooses to retire and it isn't because of any health issues.

Having said all that I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if after his coaching job with the Habs ends (whenever that is) he walks away from coaching and enjoys his retirement but we'll see.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I expect us to take advantage of the cap and other teams in cap problems.

To Montreal: Alex Killorn and Mikhail Sergachev
To Tampa: Max Domi
you actually serious?, came up with this all by yourself ?? or you found it in the book that speaks about fairies and unicorns??

Reactions: Gains

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe but I don't tthink this will stop him from coaching in the NHL even if the Habs do let him go in the near future and if he still feels good and still wants to coach somewhere.

Just listening to his media briefing after the Habs season ended it was very apparent he is very passionate and absolutely loves coaching and I think if he feels good and still wants to coach he will continue to do so if it's with the Habs or elsewhere. I hope though whenever Julien does decide to give up coaching it's because he chooses to retire and it isn't because of any health issues.

Having said all that I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if after his coaching job with the Habs ends (whenever that is) he walks away from coaching and enjoys his retirement but we'll see.

Even if he doesn't retire, who knows if Julien is even going to finish his Habs contract without getting canned.

Which brings us back to Domi -- doesn't do anything for Domi right now, I doubt he'll be around to see it.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Do you think Domi could fetch us a young top 6 center capable of 70 points who plays with speed and an edge to his game? That sounds like a solid return. Oh wait - that's Domi himself. Why the hell would we trade him? In 2018-19 he outproduced every Hab in the last 12 years since Kovalev. Enough with the rumours - he loves playing with Montreal. The only thing we should be worrying about is what it's going to take to extend him.

EhBlNERXsAE1Yfp

Last edited:
Reactions: sampollock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad