Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
That El_Clown guy was saying that the isles and Habs are talking.. Apparently the iles need cap space..

Any foundations to this rumour? I know the guy got a few good insights a week ago or so.

Thnx

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Between this, Werenski and Jones, the LAST thing I'd want Bergevin to do is acquire a mid-20s top-3 D-man. Apparently all of them are getting a Subban contract, but without a Norris trophy (or anything close to one).

Really strange that in a flat cap world, the clown GM's are giving out 9M+ per season money to Dmen who have won or proven crap......

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Lou does need a little cap relief though. Maybe a guy like Pulock could be had relatively cheap. He's got a big shot and he's had plenty of powerplay minutes the last few seasons. 20-21 was kinda mediocre for him but he's been a producer and he's still young.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
That El_Clown guy was saying that the isles and Habs are talking.. Apparently the iles need cap space..

Any foundations to this rumour? I know the guy got a few good insights a week ago or so.

Thnx

Not saying that there’s anything there but Ryan Pulock could be an interesting buy low player since he didn’t have a very good offensive season last year

Locks

May 28, 2005
Lou does need a little cap relief though. Maybe a guy like Pulock could be had relatively cheap. He's got a big shot and he's had plenty of powerplay minutes the last few seasons. 20-21 was kinda mediocre for him but he's been a producer and he's still young.

Pulock is their top pairing D and maybe even a number one - it is between him a Pelech. So I don't see any realistic way they give him up. They have already moved Leddy to create some space and if they need more, it will not be Pulock.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I’d love to get Domi back to fill the 3C role. I think we could have him for a 3rd and a 5th. If Columbus takes a bad contract I’d consider paying more.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
the whacky H30 Dvorak rumours are Tourigny wanting Drouin++ which includes habs 1st but bergevin doesn't want to part with because draft is in Montreal
No. They asking for Romanov & a first. If the trade was Drouin & a 1st. It would have happened. We can always trade a 2023 1st if they want to keep a first rounder for the MTL draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
No. They asking for Romanov & a first. If the trade was Drouin & a 1st. It would have happened. We can always trade a 2023 1st if they want to keep a first rounder for the MTL draft.

After never trading a 1st, I'd hate to see Bergie trade one in 2022 and 2023 drafts unless it's a deadline deal and we're assured of not being a lottery team. These are very strong drafts coming up with high end talent that have been discussed for a few years now..

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-8-2_20-46-56.png

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
KK as the main piece in a trade for Eichel won't happen.

That being said, I would try to package something to get Larkin out of Detroit.

KK ++

Otherwise, let the kid develop. He's going to be really good in a few years.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Its a tough call for me. I think Dvorak would fit on this team very well. Top 6 center that has some grit, only 25. I don't know what that's worth but he would make us a lot better. Maybe something around Poehling and a 2nd?
I’m not high on kotkaniemi but I’d rather him than giving up assets for Dvorak. Either get a massive improvement on kotkaniemi or stay the course
If you have to trade for Dvorak to elevate the pressure of Kotkaniemi then this team is screwed

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

eat salary, many players, complex deals that fall through.

aka nothing.

Same person says Eichel asking price is 2 A prospects, a top 6 forward and two 1sts

Let's say our offer was Drouin/2022 1st/2023 1st/Guhle/Norlinder -> that's palatable.

But let's say this rumor is true - and that they actually want KK/Romanov/Guhle/1st/1st - that would be horrible for Montreal.

Reactions: JAVO16

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I’m not high on kotkaniemi but I’d rather him than giving up assets for Dvorak. Either get a massive improvement on kotkaniemi or stay the course
If you have to trade for Dvorak to elevate the pressure of Kotkaniemi then this team is screwed

You want your 2 line center to produce at least 50pts per season, KK didnt produce close to that level just yet. Putting him in a situation that he might not ready to handle with no backup plan would be a recipe for disaster.

Its a perfect situation if you add Dvorak, if Kk doesn’t take a big step you have Dvorak playing in the 2 hole, if KK is ready for a big role, you have Dvorak in the 3 hole and he would fit perfect there.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
And I got two texts in the evening telling me that the talks had resumed. It smells just a little bit silly in Buffalo.

Part of a very complex negotiation: the CH would have asked that the Sabres retain part of Eichel's salary. And there would be several players on both sides, that's why it's long and painful and why it can easily be aborted as it was this morning.

There. I thought Sam was bilingual.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Pickles and Chili

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I would never trade a 1st for Dvorak
Yeah tough. If we have middle pack 1st we can score a good player like Guhle or Caufield.

but if in the twenties we get a Poehling type. I’d trade Poehling for Dvorak. If Poehling becomes as effective by 25 I’d be happy. So why not flip him for his own potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad