Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You want your 2 line center to produce at least 50pts per season, KK didnt produce close to that level just yet. Putting him in a situation that he might not ready to handle with no backup plan would be a recipe for disaster.

Its a perfect situation if you add Dvorak, if Kk doesn’t take a big step you have Dvorak playing in the 2 hole, if KK is ready for a big role, you have Dvorak in the 3 hole and he would fit perfect there.
No thx. No first round pick for Dvorak. Protected or not. That will be the Cost

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
And I got two texts in the evening telling me that the talks had resumed. It smells just a little bit silly in Buffalo.

Part of a very complex negotiation: the CH would have asked that the Sabres retain part of Eichel's salary. And there would be several players on both sides, that's why it's long and painful and why it can easily be aborted as it was this morning.

There. I thought Sam was bilingual.:sarcasm:
Thanks!!!
I make great trades
Read how Sam P got Doug Jarvis

Reactions: dinodebino

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Lou does need a little cap relief though. Maybe a guy like Pulock could be had relatively cheap. He's got a big shot and he's had plenty of powerplay minutes the last few seasons. 20-21 was kinda mediocre for him but he's been a producer and he's still young.

Pulock is not coming cheap. He forms a legitimate 1st pair with Pelech.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
そして、夕方に2つのテキストが届き、話し合いが再開されたことがわかりました。 バッファローでは少しばかげた匂いがします。
非常に複雑な交渉の一部:CHは、セイバーズがアイケルの給与の一部を保持することを要求したでしょう。 そして、両側に数人のプレーヤーがいるでしょう、それがそれが長くて苦痛である理由であり、そしてそれが今朝のように簡単に中止されることができる理由です。

There you go!

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
But let's say this rumor is true - and that they actually want KK/Romanov/Guhle/1st/1st - that would be horrible for Montreal.
Nope. That would be horrible for Sabres. KK isn't anywhere near top6 player. Drouin is also a big question mark. Late 1st round picks are overrated. Nothing but question marks.

KK/Romanov/Caufield/1st/1st

Now that's a realistic price for a young franchise center. Yeah, surprisingly Sabres wants something in return.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Nope. That would be horrible for Sabres. KK isn't anywhere near top6 player. Drouin is also a big question mark. Late 1st round picks are overrated. Nothing but question marks.

Now that's a realistic price for a young franchise center. Yeah, surprisingly Sabres wants something in return.

Rebuild the Sabres....The Habs get a primadona player who might bust with a huge price tag. Your trade offer makes no sens. Many other exceptional players were traded before. The common return was an NHL established top 6 player, a first and A prospect.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Now that's a realistic price for a young franchise center. Yeah, surprisingly Sabres wants something in return

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

No chance of Buffalo getting a package like this. Zero.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Drouin or Byron could to go back for cap. Sabres won’t retain on Eichel for 5 years. Don’t think Sabres want either but it fits the criteria (Drouin) of a top-6 forward which is part of the return demand.

Anyhow, every day that passes hurts the Sabres as Eichel needs 2-4 months recovery if allowed to do the surgery which you got to think the Habs or other teams are at least considering. Whether they allow Eichel or not to get that replacement procedure done is unknown.

Adding to the risk is the Sabres haven’t been forthcoming with the medical reports.

Finally, there aren’t THAT many teams that have cap and the assets to give Buffalo.

I get your hate for KK runs deep, but CC (and Suzuki) are complete non-starters. Sure, I’m sure Buffalo are asking for BOTH, but it’ll never happen. Each passing day just lowers it for Buffalo. Wait too long and they’ll be really screwed for options to make a deal before Eichel’s NMC kicks in next offseason.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Yeah what you wrote above is garbage and not a realistic price for a currently injured player

Reactions: Locks

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah what you wrote above is garbage and not a realistic price for a currently injured player

This.

I’m sure Sabres want full value but it won’t happen. Eichel’s agent put a lot of eyes on the situation with his comments and I’m sure the Sabres management are punching air.

It also doesn’t matter what the Sabres think Eichel is worth or what they really want. If our offer is better, then it’s better. I know teams can find something better than KK for sure, but it’ll come down to if they have cap, do they want Eichel’s risk and if they’re unhappy with their center depth.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The more I think about it, the more Jay Beagle seems to be the type of addition MB makes. Regular 4C role w occasional moving up for key defensive situations.

Very good in a shutdown C role, big & strong along boards & very good at faceoffs - can take the load off young Cs for critical Dzone faceoffs.

Expiring contract after this upcoming season @ $3M w a $1M bonus due September 1st (vs July due to pandemic CBA modification), which I would think Yotes don’t want to pay thus making him a very affordable acquisition cost

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Sabres will be underwhelmed with the package they get, just like every other time a top player ends up getting traded.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
We needed to trade Drouin AND Byron for cap reason. Can’t trade Byron anymore hes injured.
Id rather have Eichel at 8 millions, that’s appealing.

Adams will soon have an ultimatum from clan Eichel. And will wash his bad trade over the I had no choice.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
The more I think about it, the more Jay Beagle seems to be the type of addition MB makes. Regular 4C role w occasional moving up for key defensive situations.

Very good in a shutdown C role, big & strong along boards & very good at faceoffs - can take the load off young Cs for critical Dzone faceoffs.

Expiring contract after this upcoming season @ $3M w a $1M bonus due September 1st (vs July due to pandemic CBA modification), which I would think Yotes don’t want to pay thus making him a very affordable acquisition cost
Can't we just bring Manny Malhotra or Yanic Perreault out of retirement for league minimum? Jay Beagle had 6 goals and 26 points...combined in his three *years* in Vancouver. MB just needs to land a decent legit top-9 guy who pushes Evans down to his proper 4C role, our cup always runneth over with 12/13/14F types, you being in a guy like Beagle you now have two black holes in the C position.

And I realize this is more you saying 'here's a MB type of move' vs. fully endorsing it yourself.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We needed to trade Drouin AND Byron for cap reason. Can’t trade Byron anymore hes injured.

Adams will soon have an ultimatum from clan Eichel. And will wash his bad trade over the I had no choice.

At some point Eichel's value will begin to drop when he won't be ready for the season opener and when he holds out and doesn't report missing out on camp. Both extremely negative for teams as players who miss camp, tend to not have good years and if you're spending that much on Eichel, you want him taking the faceoff on opening night.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
At some point Eichel's value will begin to drop when he won't be ready for the season opener and when he holds out and doesn't report missing out on camp. Both extremely negative for teams as players who miss camp, tend to not have good years and if you're spending that much on Eichel, you want him taking the faceoff on opening night.
Not to mention if he still needs surgery.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

What ultimatum can they make? In the end the only action that Eichel can make would get him suspended or even his contract terminated.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sabres will be underwhelmed with the package they get, just like every other time a top player ends up getting traded.
That’s usually because the player getting traded has a huge contract and that applies here + if you add the health concerns….

I agree…and it’s probably why no trade has gone down yet

Reactions: Andy

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
That’s usually because the player getting traded has a huge contract and that applies here + if you add the health concerns….

I agree…and it’s probably why no trade has gone down yet
Apparently the fact that no trade has happened so far is because Eichel wants a specific surgery that is unproven for hockey players and the Sabres need to find teams willing to take that risk. I suspect many teams aren't exactly thrilled at paying full price on a player only to risk him never returning to form.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad