Proposal: Trade Thread #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Danault and Tatar are like our rentals for this season -- I can't see a trade happening given the mandatory quarantine delay.

The others are going to be some other GM's headache, I imagine. The current one is way too attached to them and their aura.
Quarantine delay is only for Canadian teams. If we are throwing in the towel, trade em both to American teams.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Armia, Perry, Frolik, Weal, and Tatar are our trade rentals if we're sitting outside of the playoff hunt.
Guessing we would also be looking to move Byron, Price, and Kulak if we could find any takers

Houlerion

Jan 20, 2021
Repentigny
At this point, getting out of the five more years left on his deal would be an addition by subtraction in itself. Getting any value back is pure gravy on top. Since OEL's deal is just as bad, I wouldn't see him as an option personally.

I share your opinion but I don’t see how we could get rid of him without taking salary back or maybe retain big time.

This contract sucks so much wow.

MtlSportsFan

Dec 29, 2003
St-Lazare
I've been scratching my head trying to figure out a way to get Eichel out of Buffalo...but just can't see it happening. With everyone up against the cap, I can't see Buffalo being able to send him anywhere except Ottawa, LA, Detroit or NJ. Anyone else needs to send like cap space back. We would have to start with Tatar and Danault just to make the $$ work, both are UFA that Buffalo could swap for picks and get off their books quickly (VERY sought after). Then we would have to add assets starting with Suzuki, who I do love but will NEVER be as good as Eichel.

What I mention above plus...what is the question. Tatar, Danault, Suzuki and (Caufield, Ghuele, Romanov) ? When you add any of the 3 in brackets it seems like too much to me. That is a huge pill to swallow, but will excluding them get the deal done? I doubt it.

Strictly on how talented Eichel is, I would be tempted. This guy is uber elite but makes 10 million, he would have to get even better and show he will do it season after season.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I've been scratching my head trying to figure out a way to get Eichel out of Buffalo...but just can't see it happening. With everyone up against the cap, I can't see Buffalo being able to send him anywhere except Ottawa, LA, Detroit or NJ. Anyone else needs to send like cap space back. We would have to start with Tatar and Danault just to make the $$ work, both are UFA that Buffalo could swap for picks and get off their books quickly (VERY sought after). Then we would have to add assets starting with Suzuki, who I do love but will NEVER be as good as Eichel.

What I mention above plus...what is the question. Tatar, Danault, Suzuki and (Caufield, Ghuele, Romanov) ? When you add any of the 3 in brackets it seems like too much to me. That is a huge pill to swallow, but will excluding them get the deal done? I doubt it.

Strictly on how talented Eichel is, I would be tempted. This guy is uber elite but makes 10 million, he would have to get even better and show he will do it season after season.

Whatever the ask, for that contract to fit in, about the same would have to go back, either Price would have to go back (they're in need of a goalie since forever) or Tatar+Danault to start, and add to that.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Let's ship Weber to the Avs (salary retained).

Avs fans have a lot of interest in Weber.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but the fact that he'll turn 36 this summer and that he's still got 5 years left at 7,8 M$ is a bummer.

The window of opportunity is too thin. Some will argue that it has began to close already.

If somehow we could get Byram...

Reactions: blarneylad

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Playoff rentals are for contending teams. Are we a contender, though?

As a fan I don’t think they are, not even close the way they’ve been playing. If Ducharme can get them playing like they were early in the season and Price can get back to form I can see them making it out of the division in the playoffs. A lot of big if’s there. Currently they are the 4th or 5th best team in a division with a lot of weak teams.

But I still don’t see Bergevin trading players for futures after the offseason he just had and a coaching change. I think he’s invested in making the playoffs.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but the fact that he'll turn 36 this summer and that he's still got 5 years left at 7,8 M$ is a bummer.

The window of opportunity is too thin. Some will argue that it has began to close already.

The only place I would trade Weber to is Nashville... and they better dish out a 1st...

Can we pretend it's still 2015 and convince Colorado to take Price ??? Free of charge ! Gift wrapped !

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Whatever the ask, for that contract to fit in, about the same would have to go back, either Price would have to go back (they're in need of a goalie since forever) or Tatar+Danault to start, and add to that.

If somehow Bergevin manage to swap Price for Eichel in a trade. I say extend the man's contract

Reactions: Sterling Archer

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

so much possibilities that he doesn't complete his contract because he will get only 1-2m$ last years of it . Most of his money is already in his pocket so i am not sure what he will do.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
As a fan I don’t think they are, not even close the way they’ve been playing. If Ducharme can get them playing like they were early in the season and Price can get back to form I can see them making it out of the division in the playoffs. A lot of big if’s there. Currently they are the 4th or 5th best team in a division with a lot of weak teams.

But I still don’t see Bergevin trading players for futures after the offseason he just had and a coaching change. I think he’s invested in making the playoffs.
The current Montreal roster has a 0% chance to win the cup....They do not match up at center or Defense not enough scoring and Price is god awful....Danault and Tatar should 100% both be traded they will make zero difference on winning or losing but Bergevin of course like Molson live in a fantasy world so they will keep all these players and lose them for nothing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Futur Habs Mathias Ekholm scored 2 goals today
Bergevin probably doesn't want to give up a prospect that still has some value and a 1st in a garbage draft year to upgrade Chiarot to Ekholm. Instead, we will be stuck with Chiarot who was a product of Weber being good last year, our 1st rounder will be a bust, and that prospect will lose most if not all value.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bergevin probably doesn't want to give up a prospect that still has some value and a 1st in a garbage draft year to upgrade Chiarot to Ekholm. Instead, we will be stuck with Chiarot who was a product of Weber being good last year, our 1st rounder will be a bust, and that prospect will lose most if not all value.
I think if there is a year that there is chance he move his pick, it’s this year. He’s in a win now situation to save his job

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think if there is a year that there is chance he move his pick, it’s this year. He’s in a win now situation to save his job
Although I agree, I sill wouldn't be surprised if Molson backs him up as GM and he stays for a longer period of time.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Something has to happen in Buffalo. We need to do something about our pouting all-star.

Maybe healthy scratch Skinner would be the realistic target? Both underperforming stars with albatross contracts.

Bumps Lekh to the 4th where he belongs, adds skill for 3v3 and speed to KKs line.

Something like:

Price (10.5)
2nd round pick

vs

Skinner (9, 15% retained)
Hutton (2.75, expires end of this season)

Maybe bump that 2nd to a first, but Pricey has the shorter contract if the trade doesn’t pan out as good as hoped for Buff. Honestly, Primeau will be ready before the 6 years left on Price’s contract, so I’d pay what it takes to make it happen.

We’d be crazy good on wings with Anderson back, and locked with that talent for years. Compensates the loss of Tatar at the TDL or end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad