Proposal: Trade Thread #62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I love reading these posts: Get rid of Tatar, Danault, Drouin and Armia, plus Price.

Sounds great. who replaces all these players? Anybody suddenly believe we have become a darling destination for UFAs and that they will all come at a rebate just for the honour of playing in Montreal?

One can argue Allen might be able to hold the fort as a #1G and it's hard to argue against the benefits of a 2.875M G as a #1G rather than a 10.5M G, Cap-wise. However, its uncertain how Primeau would do in the NHL on a consistent basis or whether Allen would keep up the same stats as a clear-cut #1G?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We need to give our 2 young centers capable wingers. Wingers who can drive a line from time to time and produce regardless of the centerman performance.

Toffoli (+++), Anderson and Gallagher are that kind of wingers.

Drouin, Armia and Tatar aren't.

If it was up to me, I would trade Drouin (big time)* and let go of Armia and Tatar.

What could we get for Drouin, 1st round pick 2021 and a decent prospect? That, I don't know...

*Taking into account that Caufield might take a spot in the top-6 sooner than later.
2021 draft is not so hot.....Drouin has played relatively good and works well with Suzuki and Anderson

Reactions: Vachon23

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
2021 draft is not so hot.....Drouin has played relatively good and works well with Suzuki and Anderson

F**K Drouin!

(MTL) Drouin + Mete/Kulak +pick <-> (CGY) Hanifin + Bennett

Then we can trade Danault.

No quarantine needed

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just send a big ass package to Nashville for FF9 and Ekholm, the only ones not moving are Josi, Ellis and Rinne.

Forsberg and Ekholm make the habs a contender overnight.

Reactions: Vachon23

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
We need elite talent, sucks watching every other team with the likes of matthews, Eichel, mackinnon and we haven't had that talent and skill for like what 20years...

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
We need elite talent, sucks watching every other team with the likes of matthews, Eichel, mackinnon and we haven't had that talent and skill for like what 20years...

If you need elite talent, buy a dog
Is this how it went?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Just send a big ass package to Nashville for FF9 and Ekholm, the only ones not moving are Josi, Ellis and Rinne.

Depends what you have to give up.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It shouldn't. Enough half assing and go for it. Fight fire with fire.
So what are you giving up that Nashville would want? If they are blowing it up, they'll want young players and prospects.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So what are you giving up that Nashville would want? If they are blowing it up, they'll want young players and prospects.
Ekholm will have a similar price tag to Muzzin IMO. 3-assets including 1st rounder

Moreso in this market with many teams owners unwilling to allow more spending thus potentially curtailing a market bidding war jacking up price

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ff is getting something like
First round prospect+First round pick+small value in pick or current player
Ekholm is getting something like
1st+roster player+2nd round ish prospect

Start with

Drouin/Tatar/Gallagher
Guhle
Mysak
1st in 2021
2nd 2021
Chiarot/Edmundson

Id be wiling to add more prospects/metr/Armia/Danault if they want more

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Start with

Drouin/Tatar/Gallagher
Guhle
Mysak
1st in 2021
2nd 2021
Chiarot/Edmundson

Forsberg negotiations will start with Caufield + 1st

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Start with

Drouin/Tatar/Gallagher
Guhle
Mysak
1st in 2021
2nd 2021
Chiarot/Edmundson

I can't see them taking that. I don't think they'd have any interest Tatar because he's a FA. Not sure about Gally but possibly Drouin because of age.

For Forsberg I'm thinking...
1st
Caufield
Mid tier prospect (Mysak, Tuch etc...)

For Ekholm...
1st
Norlinder
another prospect

Reactions: salbutera

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Forsberg negotiations will start with Caufield + 1st
Obviously it will, and you shut that down really quick. Forsberg is good, but hes been average in nashville for the past two years. Hes not getting a top 3 prospect in the world.

I can't see them taking that. I don't think they'd have any interest Tatar because he's a FA. Not sure about Gally but possibly Drouin because of age.

For Forsberg I'm thinking...
1st
Caufield
Mid tier prospect (Mysak, Tuch etc...)

For Ekholm...
1st
Norlinder
another prospect

Caufield is a no go, except for Eichel. Salary needs to go the other way.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Obviously it will, and you shut that down really quick. Forsberg is good, but hes been average in nashville for the past two years. Hes not getting a top 3 prospect in the world.

Caufield is a no go, except for Eichel. Salary needs to go the other way.
Then we aren't getting him imo

Reactions: salbutera

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I disagree, Poile doesnt have the upper hand here. Forsberg hasnt been good for two years, its a situation where no one in the league will pay him the assets hes actually worth.

The Toronto to Pittsburgh Kessel trade is a good comparable
So you say he hasn't been good for two years but you want him and think he's going to be a difference maker for our franchise. Not sure why we would even consider it then

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019

Another trade fit would be Anaheim,with Lindholm and Rakell.

Jul 6, 2016
Another trade fit would be Anaheim,with Lindholm and Rakell.

It's gonna be hard to make trades with US based teams this season. Basically, Habs would have to wait 14 days before having the new player in the line up + they will have to pay him anyway for that quarantine period.

If Habs can find a Canadian based team trading partner, that's way better.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
It's gonna be hard to make trades with US based teams this season. Basically, Habs would have to wait 14 days before having the new player in the line up + they will have to pay him anyway for that quarantine period.

If Habs can find a Canadian based team trading partner, that's way better.
No great trade fits in Canada especially for D-men.....Flames Bennett and Ryan ....Canucks Pearson...Sens Tierney and Dadanov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad