Proposal: Trade Thread #62

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Would you give up a blossoming Suzuki to get your hands on an aging legend, Crosby? o_O

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would you give up a blossoming Suzuki to get your hands on an aging legend, Crosby? o_O

If it worked cap wise I think I would. I mean it’s Crosby we are talking about. A “bad” year for him is a PPG. This is on top of being one of the best at faceoffs. Also being a Habs fan, I think he would be extremely motivated to bring a Cup to Montreal.

Never going to happen though.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Never lol. Thats the kind of trade you will be good during 2 years and being bad during 5 years. You better have to construct tour tesm instead of buy few things who break a line up. But next year. If we manage salary like. Didnt sign tatar and danault. I would like to sign ovy. Thats the move i would do. Not trading a futur young star

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not really sure Bergevin does anything this year. Caufield is getting signed after his season so we got extra depth up front for the playoffs.

Kulak is playing fine for now on the bottom pair, but we are 1 injury away from having Mete in the lineup and Kulak playing more which is kind of scary. Not sure how he can fix that with such little cap space available, but a Kulak upgrade in case of an injury is the only move I can think of.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I'm not really sure Bergevin does anything this year. Caufield is getting signed after his season so we got extra depth up front for the playoffs.

Kulak is playing fine for now on the bottom pair, but we are 1 injury away from having Mete in the lineup and Kulak playing more which is kind of scary. Not sure how he can fix that with such little cap space available, but a Kulak upgrade in case of an injury is the only move I can think of.

This. He's done for the year. Caufield is the story to follow. Shut 'er down until the TDL minus 2 weeks.

Reactions: dinodebino

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
@DAChampion

Do i think Crosby will or could be top 3 in league scoring this year (Jagr was 2nd in league scoring 15 years ago, at 33)... or will be again before he declines outside a top 5-10 level... yes, he certainly could and i'd wager likely will. he's been well over a ppg the past 3 years, and while he's off to a slow start through first few games this year, no doubt he is still among the top 3-4 C's in the league in my mind.

No matter how you try to frame it, the reality is that players of his caliber rarely do get traded, and when they do, it's for significant pieces. Danault, a first, a depth prospect, a ufa middle 6 fwd and a cap dump isn't close to adequate value.

I wouldn't want to see us move Suzuki/JKO/Romanov, so if we were to make a bid, multiple picks/top prospects is the only way we'd be even in the discussion, but as I pointed out, quite likely that a team like Detroit would offer young, NHL proven quality vs quantity of futures, and so we probably wouldn't put in the winning bid.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I think (I hope) it will be Romanov that will have bigger role if there is injuries.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This. He's done for the year. Caufield is the story to follow. Shut 'er down until the TDL minus 2 weeks.

If he moved Byron now, for example, he could add a serious upgrade at D over Kulak at the trade deadline. With Armia back, Byron will be expendable. Or, with Armia back, if Perry produces still, Armia will be expendable and also help us land a serious D upgrade over Kulak at the deadline. That 3,4M will fetch a rental between 6M and 7M. 2,4M, a rental between 5M and 6M.

But, outside of Caufield for the PP come playoff time, I don't see anything changing until the offseason.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It may have been mentioned in the previous thread, but I just read online that Friedman in his 31 Thoughts said the Canucks are looking at trading for a defenseman (with Hamonic's injury).

He mentioned that some defensemen they may be interested in are:

- Victor Mete
- Vince Dunn
- Travis Dermott

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For whatever it's worth:

Dreger said that if things go south for the Pens this year, they plan on exposing Crosby, Malkin, and Letang to Seattle. And Ettedgui adds that according to him, Crosby would only want to play for the Habs if he's not in Pittsburgh. We know they were his favorite team growing up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
For whatever it's worth:

Dreger said that if things go south for the Pens this year, they plan on exposing Crosby, Malkin, and Letang to Seattle. And Ettedgui adds that according to him, Crosby would only want to play for the Habs if he's not in Pittsburgh. We know they were his favorite team growing up.

Yeah, I don't think this is worth much.

1) Seattle could get a ton for Crosby or Malkin in a trade. Pittsburgh can expose much less valuable assets.

2) I think there are many contenders Crosby would be happy to play for.

Edit: by "exploser" I think the author means blow up the core, not expose them to Seattle.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, I don't think this is worth much.

1) Seattle could get a ton for Crosby or Malkin in a trade. Pittsburgh can expose much less valuable assets.

2) I think there are many contenders Crosby would be happy to play for.

Edit: by "exploser" I think the author means blow up the core, not expose them to Seattle.

You're right. I read "exposer" instead of "exploser."

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
For whatever it's worth:

LOL Dreger is an idiot. No way they expose Sid and Malkin and lose one for nothing. Such BS

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think I misread it. As @26Mats pointed out. Dreger basically meant the Pens will blow it up rather than expose all three.

Oh yes I see “exploser” now too. We made the same mistake.

I still don’t see them getting rid of Sid, especially considering his cap hit is a huge bargain. Malkin I can see going. I can’t imagine anyone giving up much value for Letang. They are in a precarious position.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh yes I see “exploser” now too. We made the same mistake.

I still don’t see them getting rid of Sid, especially considering his cap hit is a huge bargain. Malkin I can see going. I can’t imagine anyone giving up much value for Letang. They are in a precarious position.

Rumor is that Rutherford was looking to trade Letang and ownership didn't want him to do it. They are still in win now mode. And there was a big difference in philosophy on how to continue with the Pens. So Rutherford decided to resign. Of course, that is a rumor.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Rumor is that Rutherford was looking to trade Letang and ownership didn't want him to do it. They are still in win now mode. And there was a big difference in philosophy on how to continue with the Pens. So Rutherford decided to resign. Of course, that is a rumor.

Their lackadaisical play in the bubble should have been a wake up call.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

boss10

Jun 19, 2010
If Sid wants to leave then the Pens will accommodate. Why would they not want a rebuild and shed salary...they are going nowhere with this team as is. Sid has a no movement clause so he can decide his spot...Habs will be near the top of that list, if not his first choice.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
Does it really make sense that it was Rusherford who wanted to blow it up, rather than management? Because he just traded a first round pick for Kapanen this summer. Seems like a move by a GM whose going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad