• Jesperi Kotkaniemi

• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The old school guy in me would tend to agree. We did add some sandpaper already so it's not as big of a deal as it could be. Still, I know it might not be a popular opinion here but I actually wouldn't be adverse to giving Matt Martin a go on the forth line if we could create an opening. Not if it means Evans/Poehling don't get a chance at a roster spot though.

Has Poehling done anything to deserve a chance though? I'd rather see him in Laval and force his way into the lineup on account of an injury or simply sustained, improved performance.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Has Poehling done anything to deserve a chance though? I'd rather see him in Laval and force his way into the lineup on account of an injury or simply sustained, improved performance.
It was more of an exemple, you can pretty much insert any propect with something of a shot at a bottom 6 role in there. Evans seems to have the inside track but with a great camp Poehling might slide in, I wouldn't say he's 100% out of the equation. I'd rather see him do really good in Laval before though, FWIW.

Reactions: Runner77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Agreed. And Poehling will have a much better chance of developing his offensive skill in the AHL in hopefully a top 6 role than on the 4th line in the NHL. Would really like to see him have a long period of success in the AHL before being called up.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To EDM
Tatar, Byron, 3rd

To Mtl
RNH, Chiasson

Oilers get speed and better depth wing play...
Habs get size & a better top-6 fit

Pick (which I'd go as high as a 2nd) to offset RNH being best player in the deal.

RNH - Danault - Gally
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli
Lekhonen - JKO - Anderson
Chiasson - Evans - Armia

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Baddock is for the AHL he has nothing to do in the NHL

Habs have him for a reason and many were keen on bringing back Deslauriers. Can't pretend I know anything about Baddock,but is there much of a diffrence between him and ND or even Lemieux?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
To EDM
Tatar, Byron, 3rd

To Mtl
RNH, Chiasson

Oilers get speed and better depth wing play...
Habs get size & a better top-6 fit

Pick (which I'd go as high as a 2nd) to offset RNH being best player in the deal.

RNH - Danault - Gally
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli
Lekhonen - JKO - Anderson
Chiasson - Evans - Armia
That’s absolutely terrible for the Oilers

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Habs have him for a reason and many were keen on bringing back Deslauriers. Can't pretend I know anything about Baddock,but is there much of a diffrence between him and ND or even Lemieux?

They got him for Laval to protect the young player and yes Lemieux is way better hockey player then Baddock. Baddock have 32 pts in 170 games in career in the A.. Baddock and DLo has almost the same PPG in career but Baddock it's in the a A and DLO is in the NHL Baddock is a better fighter then both but where not in the 2000 anymore you need to be able to play and that's not the case for Baddock. I like the signature tough but for the Rockets

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
the 4th line needs to make team very frustrated, but right now habs don't have that.

Well they do.
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen might be the most skilled 4th line in the league.
Having to face a 4th line that has 2 guys who can score 15 goals will frustrate other teams/coaches.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I love this player.....on my team that is.....he’s that X factor.....a shit disturber that can play, hit, scrap and pot you a few goals.
5 games and you would absolutely hate him. The dumbest player of the decade candidate. If you think Domi takes stupid and undisciplined penalties, you have seen nothing.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I love this player.....on my team that is.....he’s that X factor.....a shit disturber that can play, hit, scrap and pot you a few goals.

Remember when Habs fans said the same thing about Andrew Shaw...and how that worked out for us? Watch more Ranger games and you'll be thankful they're stuck with him...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Remember when Habs fans said the same thing about Andrew Shaw...and how that worked out for us? Watch more Ranger games and you'll be thankful they're stuck with him...

Shaw problem wasn't on the ice. The problem is that he wasn't able to stay healthy but when he was healthy he was a really useful player for us. I would take him way before Byron and Lehkonen on the 4th line (if we do abstraction of his health and his Caphit)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well they do.
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen might be the most skilled 4th line in the league.
Having to face a 4th line that has 2 guys who can score 15 goals will frustrate other teams/coaches.

Agreed. 4th line is fine and it's possible Byron plays with KK and Armia is on the 4th. I would love it if the Habs were able to trade Byron and Kulak for anything (clear cap) and then bring in Hoffman for one year... Hoffman's left handed one timer on the PP would help!

Drouin / Suuzki / Anderson
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Hoffman / Kotkaniemi / Toffoli
Lehkonen / Evans / Armia

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
When Shaw was healthy, he was a great fit on this team. In 68 games he had 19 goals and 47 points while making his line mates and was a force in the offensive zone. I'd take that all day from a heart and soul player all day long and I hope Anderson can take over that role and provide even more grit and offence.

So while I agree that I don't think Lemieux is the answer here due his play, using Shaw as an example is probably not the best choice.

Reactions: jaffy27

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’ll say it again:

Mathieu Olivier is our fourth line solution. Go get him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need a extra forward that can get in the lineup against tougher team.

I don't believe we do. The "grit" on the 4th line is a thing of the past IMO. Skating, Work ethic, and making smart plays is where it's at. We are set at forward and if we make a change, we are not bringing in a guy who forces one of Byron, Lehkonen, or Armia out of the line-up. Makes no sense.

If you want to trade Weal for a gritty guy for depth (13th forward), that might work. I would not call this a big need we need to do though

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I don't believe we do. The "grit" on the 4th line is a thing of the past IMO. Skating, Work ethic, and making smart plays is where it's at. We are set at forward and if we make a change, we are not bringing in a guy who forces one of Byron, Lehkonen, or Armia out of the line-up. Makes no sense.

I don’t know if you listened to « la poche bleu » podcast, but they got Sean Couturier on one episode, and they ask him what changes the flyers have to make for next season. With no hesitation he said get tougher. He said that big tough is getting back as a normality in the NHL and he cites Vegas, Dallas, Islanders, Tampa (with the new aquisitions), Blues, etc.

So no, it’s not a thing from the past. And i’m not talking about a goon. Goon era is gone. But a bigger, tougher guy that can play fourth line.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Deebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad