Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How do we know he's not there for the Rangers though?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Too bad Tallinder's a healthy scratch ;)

Maybe he's taking a physical in a pending deal for M. Raymond

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

How do we know he's not there for the Rangers though?

Outside of their top line, would you really fly accross north america to see one of their bottom 9 forwards and I doubt Sather is willing to move one of his d-men.

That's why, according to me that is ;)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Outside of their top line, would you really fly accross north america to see one of their bottom 9 forwards and I doubt Sather is willing to move one of his d-men.

That's why, according to me that is ;)

It makes sense.

I wish fake insiders, and fans would stop making up **** that we are in on Luongo though. We have two goaltenders with no trade clauses. Moose will not waive it after just buying a house, and moving his family up to Jersey. Not that this guy is saying we're getting Luongo. Just something I've noticed online.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A-Train for Raymond and a 2nd... book it

You really think he'll waive the no trade clause? I mean I guess it's possible cause we aren't sending him to a black hole. We'd be sending him to a team that's in my mind a contender.

DevilsAnimal*

Tallinder + Tedenby + 2nd + Clermont for Ian White + Petr Mrazek + Filpula ?

I think Teddy would fit right in with detroit, he just has the datsyuk kind of style. Obviously not that good, but playing with datsyuk would be crazy for him

apice3*

I've always said NTC's are overrated. If a team wants to trade a player, that player isn't going to want to play for that team anymore.

There are exceptions like Luongo who I must admit has played throughout his whole ordeal with total class, but for the most part, a player knows when he's no longer wanted. Also, in our case, we can just bench Volchenkov (or whoever) until he reluctantly agrees to leave.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've always said NTC's are overrated. If a team wants to trade a player, that player isn't going to want to play for that team anymore.

There are exceptions like Luongo who I must admit has played throughout his whole ordeal with total class, but for the most part, a player knows when he's no longer wanted. Also, in our case, we can just bench Volchenkov (or whoever) until he reluctantly agrees to leave.

There are rare cases though like Langenbrunner who would not waive initially.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

DeBoer does bench him for like 45 minutes a night :sarcasm::naughty:

DevilsAnimal*

Id still want to play for New Jersey even if they wanted to trade me

Trying to get rid of a player is different than traded. Like Kovy was obviously not welcome in Atlanta

apice3*

There are rare cases though like Langenbrunner who would not waive initially.

Right, but then eventually he waived as he grew even more unhappy. The only time I can recall a player refusing to waive his NTC under al circumstances was Brad Richards not waiving his NTC and the STars couldn't trade his rights. It was a pretty dick move.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Right, but then eventually he waived as he grew even more unhappy. The only time I can recall a player refusing to waive his NTC under al circumstances was Brad Richards not waiving his NTC and the STars couldn't trade his rights. It was a pretty dick move.

Didn't Sundin pull the same crap when he was with the Leafs as well?

Regardless, the last I'd want to do is play for someone who doesn't want me there. It must be the worst feeling in the world to know that your boss wants you out but you're refusing to leave... Just like George Costanza when he worked for "play now" :laugh:

DevilsAnimal*

Didn't Sundin pull the same crap when he was with the Leafs as well?

Regardless, the last I'd want to do is play for someone who doesn't want me there. It must be the worst feeling in the world to know that your boss wants you out but you're refusing to leave... Just like George Costanza when he worked for "play now" :laugh:

I think he was willing to be traded, but no one wanted his NTC :B

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
With Volchenkov's contract I doubt the Devils can get a pick back also...might even have to throw in a late rounder to get Van to take it.

Oroku Saki*

Why would Van want Volch? I thought their D was set.

If he plays over 20 mins hes being showcased but I can also see Gillis wanting us to take back a defenseman (Ballard)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not sure if this means anything or not.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Canucks GM Mike Gillis, who is making rounds in the East, is at Pru Center tonight. Please, no ridiculous Luongo questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad