Speculation: Trade Speculation / Untouchable players, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I blame fantasy sports for peoples lack of reality when talking about trades.

But fantasy sports IS a reality these days, more and more. It's unavoidable. It's everywhere.

I blame people's inability to properly evaluate talent. But that's not just with fans, because people who actually get paid to do that fail a lot at it, as well.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He was sat because we were tied 2-2 to the Islanders and we were benching Vitale and Kennedy (Jokinen or Bennett too I believe). We don't have that kind of depth this year. Glass will be in the lineup every night.

I don't think its likely at all. But there is a non-zero possibility of Glass being sat, unlike Adams.

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
You're expectations were too high.

Knowing that Sutter isn't going to get much PP time on a healthy Pens roster 50 points is pretty lofty expectations. The last full season neither Parise or Bergeron could crack 50 ESP playing 81/82 games.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Is Hemsky a realistic/useful target?

Would Oilers accept. Depres+?(prospect) for Hemsky? Could we fit him in the cap? Would he work on Sid's wing?

Is he too soft?

Just interested in people's thoughts.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Despres+ for ****ing Hemsky?

Hemsky's a UFA.

Despres is a good player on his ELC.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Is Hemsky a realistic/useful target?

Would Oilers accept. Depres+?(prospect) for Hemsky? Could we fit him in the cap? Would he work on Sid's wing?

Is he too soft?

Just interested in people's thoughts.

Despres + for Hemsky would be a travesty. I'd be fine bringing in Hemsky, but for something like Samuelsson and a late pick, not Despres.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Ok so forget Despres for Hemsky straight up, I'm sadly out of touch with things not penguins, would there be a deal to be done that Oilers would take (and us).

They need reliable D (so I can tell) Despres would probably be someone they would take on so is there a deal to be done around Despres for Hemsky +? ..?

Would Hemsky be a fit for us in any way?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ok so forget Despres for Hemsky straight up, I'm sadly out of touch with things not penguins, would there be a deal to be done that Oilers would take (and us).

They need reliable D (so I can tell) Despres would probably be someone they would take on so is there a deal to be done around Despres for Hemsky +? ..?

I wouldn't trade Despres for anything realistic on the Oilers (I'd trade him for Eberle, but that's not happening).

I have a feeling the Penguins will trade Despres for Gagner, and at that point in time I'll be questioning my fandom.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

No. I want nothing to do with Hemsky.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think its likely at all. But there is a non-zero possibility of Glass being sat, unlike Adams.

Agreed. It's not zero, but it's highly unlikely Glass sits in the playoffs barring injury to himself. Adams is locked in as much as Crosby and Malkin are. Sad but definitely true.

As for Hemsky, he doesn't really do anything better than Beau Bennett, Jayson Megna or Brian Gibbons at this stage of his career. Let me go to the KHL next year to ride it out. He's done as an NHLer, imo.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Gagner's looked pretty decent on the RW..but not good enough for ****ing Despres...

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Keith Jones was on Pittsburgh's 93.7 the fan and said something interesting. He considered the Pens the 6th best team in the NHL behind Anaheim, Chicago ,St Louis, LA and San Jose for no other reason than Lack of Size throughout the Forwards and this hurts the Pens when they have to play a Physical Grinding Playoff Series. I agree with the lack of size part, so when I think of Trades Shero might make the Steve Ott's, Kane's, Ladd's and Wheeler's of the league is probably what he's looking at.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Keith Jones was on Pittsburgh's 93.7 the fan and said something interesting. He considered the Pens the 6th best team in the NHL behind Anaheim, Chicago ,St Louis, LA and San Jose for no other reason than Lack of Size throughout the Forwards and this hurts the Pens when they have to play a Physical Grinding Playoff Series. I agree with the lack of size part, so when I think of Trades Shero might make the Steve Ott's, Kane's, Ladd's and Wheeler's of the league is probably what he's looking at.

I agree with everything about that.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Gagner's looked pretty decent on the RW..but not good enough for ****ing Despres...

Gagner's contract is bad. The only place he'd fit is on Sid's wing, and if we're paying 4.8M, I want someone a good deal better than him. I have no interest in him or Hemsky. I really think we should just forget about the Oilers. They're a mess. Practically everyone on that roster isn't worth the contract they gave them. They don't want to trade their good players, and they expect the moon for their average-at-best ones.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Gagner's contract is bad. The only place he'd fit is on Sid's wing, and if we're paying 4.8M, I want someone a good deal better than him. I have no interest in him or Hemsky. I really think we should just forget about the Oilers. They're a mess. Practically everyone on that roster isn't worth the contract they gave them. They don't want to trade their good players, and they expect the moon for their average-at-best ones.

I'm not saying we should get him guys :laugh:

His contract is horrendous and the only way I'd want him is if they retained half of it.

Colorado is where my money is for a deal going down.

Despres, Nisky, McGinn and ROR, least 2 of those names are gonna be involved...and probs Talbot

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

I don't think we can get any of the Jets forwards but maybe Ott and Moulson could be an idea out of Buffalo

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think we can get any of the Jets forwards but maybe Ott and Moulson could be an idea out of Buffalo

I like Ott, but he's a center. Can he play wing? We saw Sutter at RW last night and he didn't look too comfortable. It's hard for a lot of players to make that position change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad