Confirmed with Link: Trade: Sauve for Rob... Flick?

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
From the little bit of the start that they show it looked to me like the goalie threw the first punch. I've been saying for a long time that we needed a big, left shooting center. At 22 YO I hope Flick develops into it. He seems to have the right mentality.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not real sure about this trade as a PBruins follower. Max, as injury prone as he is, has been getting better and staying healthy.

This guy kinda seems like head dummy, to put it mildly, on a thuggish Rockford club. We already have Robins and Randall. Don't see the need, nor the NHL upside of this guy.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Not real sure about this trade as a PBruins follower. Max, as injury prone as he is, has been getting better and staying healthy.

This guy kinda seems like head dummy, to put it mildly, on a thuggish Rockford club. We already have Robins and Randall. Don't see the need, nor the NHL upside of this guy.

Agreed,Sauve is the better prospect but you have to make room for our newer more super awesome prospects....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can comment on Sauve because I've seen him over 25 times in Providence and follow him, but nothing on Flick...but asked someone about this with much more insight than me and knows both players and he told me the Bruins got a guy and gave Sauve a change of scenary.

I'd think they would have liked to get a pick back but got a body and the real bottom line on this trade is it hurts Providence from winning the Calder Cup:madfire: and for those who are going to make a comment about that go **** yourself in advance- I go to these games and want them to win it

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I can comment on Sauve because I've seen him over 25 times in Providence and follow him, but nothing on Flick...but asked someone about this with much more insight than me and knows both players and he told me the Bruins got a guy and gave Sauve a change of scenary.

I'd think they would have liked to get a pick back but got a body and the real bottom line on this trade is it hurts Providence from winning the Calder Cup:madfire: and for those who are going to make a comment about that go **** yourself in advance- I go to these games and want them to win it

I'd like to see them win it too, but if Springfield can lose half their roster to call-ups and keep on winning, Providence can lose a couple. That's part of learning how to deal with adversity; guys have to step up.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
i like the idea of getting a tough guy for down the road, too bad this Flick kid is an awful fighter. like really bad

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
In a cap world, the pressure is on the entry level guys to show that they have what it takes to make the NHL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that after they sign their 2nd contracts they are subject to waivers if they don't make the club out of fall camp.

Do you resign Sauve and risk losing him in a waiver transaction or do you play dominoes with him and trade him for a player who has one year left on his entry deal?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to see them win it too, but if Springfield can lose half their roster to call-ups and keep on winning, Providence can lose a couple. That's part of learning how to deal with adversity; guys have to step up.

Boston can call up everyone to improve Boston and suck in Providence, but Swave was not being called up and my bud told me thru atleast 3 or more texts, what the ****, and he bleeping has seen both play many, many times. He said unless there is slim to none Flick will get to Boston anytime soon and Rico Swave atleast has NHL talent if he ever can put it together. So bottom line is this trade helps Suave but hurts me personally as a consumer to Provdince Bruins games:sarcasm:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

LOL he started a bench clearing brawl by fighting a goalie

Hogs are a bit of an embarrassment at times

Here is a fight vs Wolves in the Hogs bench ,, Flick is one of the more prominant Hogs in it

Here was another bench clearing brawl this year

Flick only one of the smaller fights (Beach started this mess)

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Not even this guy:

rob_flick_chicago.jpg

Has ever heard of this guy:

rob_flick_chicago.jpg

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think Boston was running out of room to develop top-6 guys in Providence.

You have Spooner-Camper-Bourque-Tardif-Cunningham-Florek

Now you're adding Khoklachev and Knight, and Caron could be sent down at any moment.

It's tough to put all those guys in a position to succeed.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Now you're adding Khoklachev and Knight, and Caron could be sent down at any moment.

very good point- thanks, you completely changed my mind (if Kirk is reading this I hope he is not drinking anything)

Knight back and maybe Caron could be back down

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Bingo!

Knight and Koko > Sauve

B's add some grit for a guy who didn't see to figure into future plans.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
Loved watching flick when he was on the majors (ohl). seemed to comand respect when he was on the ice. glad he is a bruin, even if its always baby bruin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad