Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals Thread: Still debating ALL the unlikely options

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This board has always had a problem with RNH for Shatty because of term. I'd do it even if it only improves our shot at signing Shatty next year. He is the definition of what we need.
I would like to get a center back as well. Lehetra and Shattenkirk

McDeathbyCheerios*

blinded by what?
If only you mass produced your hindsight goggles.. or couldve lend MacT
A lot of the more knowledgeable posters were saying that it was very risky due to age and that his style of play isn't known for longevity in smaller guys. And most people were worried about them.

Media didn't like it and some fans did.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
A lot of the more knowledgeable posters were saying that it was very risky due to age and that his style of play isn't known for longevity in smaller guys. And most people were worried about them.

Media didn't like it and some fans did.

So Zona is media? It was a move that was needed... Same with Sekera and same with Fayne.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
My question is do we have enough to get Pietrangelo out of St. Louis if we sign Goligoski? RNH+Nurse+2016 1st for Pietrangelo? Then St. Louis has the money to resign Shattenkirk, and Backes if they let Steen walk after next season.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
My question is do we have enough to get Pietrangelo out of St. Louis if we sign Goligoski? RNH+Nurse+2016 1st for Pietrangelo? Then St. Louis has the money to resign Shattenkirk, and Backes if they let Steen walk after next season.

I don't like Pietrangelo that much. I suppose we should take any good D who becomes available, but I've never been a big fan of his game. That said, I'd give up that package for him if it doesn't get us another D like Subban.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't like Pietrangelo that much. I suppose we should take any good D who becomes available, but I've never been a big fan of his game. That said, I'd give up that package for him if it doesn't get us another D like Subban.

Don't tell me you'd take Subban over Pietrangelo? Subban couldn't hold Pietrangelo's jockstrap when it comes to defence and game management.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Don't tell me you'd take Subban over Pietrangelo? Subban couldn't hold Pietrangelo's jockstrap when it comes to defence and game management.

Subban has twice as many points while being a stud defensively. There's no comparison to be made between the two. Subban is one of the best D in the league and even St. Louis fans are not convinced Pietro is a true #1 guy anymore. He has been struggling.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
blinded by what?
If only you mass produced your hindsight goggles.. or couldve lend MacT

Blinded by offseason optimism and rose coloured glasses, it's the part of being a fan of the team, hoping and praying those ****ing idiots running things did something good for once.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Subban has twice as many points while being a stud defensively. There's no comparison to be made between the two. Subban is one of the best D in the league and even St. Louis fans are not convinced Pietro is a true #1 guy anymore. He has been struggling.
So we can buy low on him and let him bounce back.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
hindsight!

The fat in 1 years could very well be Sekera, Talbot and whoever Chia signs to fix our D.
Right now we are comparing someone who tried and failed to someone who hasnt really tried.

Guys like Fayne and Ference both looked like great pickups at the time. Nikitin was a head scratcher but was only a 2yr deal. A bad GM could have really crippled this team. MacT's only moves that could bite us were Fayne and Pouliot. Rest were good risks in terms of term.
It doesn't matter that its hindsight.
That's the gm's job, to have a vision and aquire the right players.
Besides, it's not all hindsight, Ference contract was, at best, too long, Nikitin was ridiculous all around, Purcell was the price we paid for a terrible Gagner contract. These moves were seen as bad by many when they happened. Maybe Fayne is forgivable, and Pouliot's okay.
His unrelenting faith in Eakins, Schultz and Nikitin proved him clueless.
If the majority of Chia's moves result in dead weight, it will prove him clueless as well.
MacT was brutal.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Sure I'd love him on our team lol. I'd trade that package for him, but I'd try and trade even more for Subban (Draisaitl) before resorting to trading for Pietro.
That's not how that works though. If Pietro is struggling right now that means he might be available.

Subban is not except for a massive overpay.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Sure I'd love him on our team lol. I'd trade that package for him, but I'd try and trade even more for Subban (Draisaitl) before resorting to trading for Pietro.

Theres more to playing D then being flashy and putting up points. I take Pietrangelo anyday of the week over Subban. He controls the game better IMO.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Haha. omg, what a travesty of a thread.
I could count on one hand the number of good games Ference had in Edmonton. Yet heaps of people insisting that he is a second pairing guy, and a fitness freak who will probably play till he's fifty. Reading through that thread is like reading a book on which posters don't have a freaking clue when it comes to hockey, and defencemen in particular.

Props to

Staples, who takes a good bashing for writing the truth about Ference.

HotToddy who nailed it in the first few pages of the thread ... and got mocked for his trouble.

aleshemsky83 who pointed out this would be Ference's last ever NHL deal and the Oilers got boned big time, and got mocked for his trouble.

dyzfunctioned and jukon who pointed out that Ference is a 5/6 at best and the Oilers already have those in abundance ... and got mocked for their trouble.

And, of course Replacement who pointed out that Ference is a ****ing pylon, who gave the fans the finger and then tried to lie and say he never "meant" to do it, caused trouble in the NHLPA, and is in general just a smug, smarmy goof ... and got called "old man butt hurt" for his troubles.

The thread is full of Bruins fans coming by to tell us what a prince we had acquired.

He'll leave it all out on the ice for you, then come back two days later and do it again. Not much else you can ask for out of a hockey player.

Not once did I ever think that about Ference during his term with the Oilers.
Guy was just flat out brutal from pretty much day one. But at least we got to bust out that MacT strut gif. Good times.

Thanks for re-posting that link. It reminds me why the Oilers deserve to continue to suck. They are so dumb they actually thought Ference was captain material.
They had this guy penciled in as a cornerstone of the blueline for the duration of his deal. Seriously, **** this team.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
This board has always had a problem with RNH for Shatty because of term. I'd do it even if it only improves our shot at signing Shatty next year. He is the definition of what we need.

I agree, Shatty has a great shot that Oil need and has a great i.q for a defenceman. Shattenkirk over Hamonic every day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad