Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It was interesting to read in The Athletic that the Sens have been interested in Fiala for years. Apparently they kicked tires in 2019 and last summer. So I think the interest is legit, but it obviously isn't happening at the deadline.

If I had to guess I'd say the Senators are thinking they'll acquire Fiala and a large chunk of the cash they need to pay him will come from the savings they get on a Colin White buyout.

Reactions: NB613

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Are we all too busy debating shoulda-coulda-wouldas to comment about this? What's the deal with him? 5th overall pick in 2016, is there any point to making a claim?
He struggles to make the NHL, and we are ok on left side atm

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It was interesting to read in The Athletic that the Sens have been interested in Fiala for years. Apparently they kicked tires in 2019 and last summer. So I think the interest is legit, but it obviously isn't happening at the deadline.

If I had to guess I'd say the Senators are thinking they'll acquire Fiala and a large chunk of the cash they need to pay him will come from the savings they get on a Colin White buyout.

I'd be surprised if they decide to buyout White, they will have plenty of cap space next yr & will likely rid themselves of a number of UFAs this yr & a few more the yr after. It would save them some money though.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'd be surprised if they decide to buyout White, they will have plenty of cap space next yr & will likely rid themselves of a number of UFAs this yr & a few more the yr after. It would save them some money though.
Agree, I don’t see it, especially if he is so liked. If they think he can get 45 points or so a year, probably staying.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Are we all too busy debating shoulda-coulda-wouldas to comment about this? What's the deal with him? 5th overall pick in 2016, is there any point to making a claim?

Pretty sure injuries have taken their toll on him. Doesn't skate that well anymore apparently.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I kind of get it. Lots of big extensions coming up. If he wants more than 2.5 I would move him too. Fanatastic depth player though.

Im sure you pay way more attention than I do nowadays it’s just some contracts leave a sour taste in my mouth and then a guy like Paul leaves.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I kind of get it. Lots of big extensions coming up. If he wants more than 2.5 I would move him too. Fanatastic depth player though.

I would draw the line on Nick Paul between 2.65 and 2.75 personally. Offer either 4 or 5 year deals and if he counters - trade him.

Make the organization look strong on negotiating. We will need it for the upcoming big guns and their contracts.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

When Guerin first came in, before Fiala signed his 2 year, 3M deal, my understanding is that Minnesota was extremely close to trading him to OTT during a contract dispute. Don’t know who said no, but it obviously fell apart

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

It's not about the cap, it's about saving 10M dollars on a guy who is - at best - a mediocre 3rd line forward with no real niche on the team. It would be a major mistake to keep him around.

Agree, I don’t see it, especially if he is so liked. If they think he can get 45 points or so a year, probably staying.

45 points!?!?

Outside of his meme rookie season where he leeched off of Stone, his pace is about 30 points per 82 games. He simply doesn't have the skills to produce anywhere near 45 points unless he's riding shotgun with a superstar forward on a team with no expectation of winning hockey games.

If Batherson and Pinto were healthy right now, White would struggle to hit 12 minutes of icetime per night.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I know UFA contracts can be crazy but I can't see Paul being offered 3 mil unless it's from another bottom feeder team with lots of cap space.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The most Neil ever got was a 4 years x $2M.

I like Paul, but the guy is quite the offensive black hole. He is ideally on your grinding line or your shutdown line. $3 mil is too much for a player in that role.
I agree, he’s strong and holds onto the puck really well but just can’t score.

Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's not about the cap, it's about saving 10M dollars on a guy who is - at best - a mediocre 3rd line forward with no real niche on the team. It would be a major mistake to keep him around.

45 points!?!?

Outside of his meme rookie season where he leeched off of Stone, his pace is about 30 points per 82 games. He simply doesn't have the skills to produce anywhere near 45 points unless he's riding shotgun with a superstar forward on a team with no expectation of winning hockey games.

If Batherson and Pinto were healthy right now, White would struggle to hit 12 minutes of icetime per night.

It's not that I don't agree with you, I do, I just don't think it will happen, so we'll have to wait & see. In fact, I've called for it many times to trade him.

Reactions: Sweatred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad