Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If we can't get Giroux in free agency would anyone be interested in signing Palat? Surely Tampa will have trouble signing him if he wants a raise.

I really like Palat's game but I'd be leery of giving him a raise on $5.3M even without cap issues.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I don’t want to make a thread, but hypothetically…

Should McJesus become available, should we go in in him?

Cost I imagine is Stützle, Grieg, two unprotected 1st’s and like 5 more assets (Jarvinte, Soogard, picks, cap, etc).

A 2nd line of Kuzmenko - McDavid - Brown would be nutz.

I would not pursue him. I think we’re on track. But I would like to get the fanbase’s opinion.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
He wouldn’t want to leave the Oilers to a team that’s lower than them in the standings. I would imagine he would want to go to a better winning team.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Cost I imagine is Stützle, Grieg, two unprotected 1st’s and like 5 more assets (Jarvinte, Soogard, picks, cap, etc).

I would not pursue him. I think we’re on track. But I would like to get the fanbase’s opinion.

You think McDavid would play on the 2nd line? Whatever cost aside. Any wingers mcdavid has automatically becomes line #1.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

I don't want the Senators to become the Edmonton Oilers - no depth despite having the 2 best players in the game today.

At that cost, McDavid won't get bought by Sens in a hypothetical world even before we consider Melnyk budget. If those prospects/assets flourish, the depth on all four lines is what would make the Sens a true contender.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Second line center Connor Mcdavid

Reactions: Sensators and edguy

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

Think two off our top line +

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think it would be a dream come true for McDavid to play here. Just ask him.

Reactions: Sensators

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully Del Zotto’s performance in Belleville is giving him some trade value.
I highly doubt we could move him, that contract is butt ugly, one of Dorion’s finest moves.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
No team will trade anything for him while he's playing in the AHL, no matter how good he's performing.

Hopefully it gives him some confidence and when he's called back up he starts to perform like a 2M dollar D.

Not entirely disagreeing with you but Holden did play most of last season on Vegas's Taxi squad and we gave up Dadanov for him and a 3rd.

So it is possible him playing well will give him some value around the league. 2Mil for 1.5 years isnt a back breaking contract.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think Melnyk is going to approve a UFA signing of a significant player with a high salary nor a trade for one which would raise the salary budget. The Covid has reduced his revenues and I suspect he will try to operate at a low budget for the next few years.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Imagine if we had money. Sign Kadri in the offseason

Tkachuk - Kadri - Batherson
Formenton - Stutzle - Norris
Greig - Pinto - C.Brown
Paul - White - Watson

Brown and Watson get replaced with Sokolov/Boucher eventually.

Paul replaced by Kelly.

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Holden/Thomson

That lineup would be incredible. All lines can play against about anyone. There's two guys who can take faceoffs on every line.

Great mix of defensemen.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not entirely disagreeing with you but Holden did play most of last season on Vegas's Taxi squad and we gave up Dadanov for him and a 3rd.

So it is possible him playing well will give him some value around the league. 2Mil for 1.5 years isnt a back breaking contract.

Playing on taxi squad of a cup contending team versus AHL on bottom 3 team in the league.

One is not the like other.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Imagine if we had money. Sign Kadri in the offseason

Puke.

Kadri will be 32 next season. He's never put up anything close to what he's doing this year. Actually, Norris is having a better season this year than Kadri has ever had in a full season previously. Let's not forget Kadri's lack of character and his inability to not get suspended in the playoffs.

Assen na yo.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
If we're rolling with Stützle at center we should really prioritize a top 6 winger for him

No point in spending assets and cap on a top 6 center if Norris Stützle Pinto is our top 3 moving forward

Tkachuk Batherson Formenton Brown are the only wingers locked for top 9 roles

We need two more (internally or via trade/signing)

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think Stutzle will stay at centre, IMO once Pinto comes back he will be moved back to the 2nd line centre spot with Stutzle on his wing. I think the centres could end up being Norris, Pinto, Greig & Paul at some point. And they will have plenty of forwards to fill in the wings with Tkachuk, Batherson, C. Brown, Stutzle, Formenton, Boucher, Jarventie & Sokolov.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - Greig - Boucher
Jarventie - Paul - Sokolov
Crookshank - Ostapchuk - Latimer

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I personally think it'd be a mistake to move Stutzle back to the wing. He has looked so much better at center and it is a position of need for us.
If you can go into next season with your top 3 centermen as Norris-Stutzle-Pinto you are in a really good place and can probably roll 3 lines at any time and not be worried about them on the ice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think Stutzle will stay at centre, IMO once Pinto comes back he will be moved back to the 2nd line centre spot with Stutzle on his wing. I think the centres could end up being Norris, Pinto, Greig & Paul at some point. And they will have plenty of forwards to fill in the wings with Tkachuk, Batherson, C. Brown, Stutzle, Formenton, Boucher, Jarventie & Sokolov.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - Greig - Boucher
Jarventie - Paul - Sokolov
Crookshank - Ostapchuk - Latimer

I think he will.. they are investing time in him there now .. He is only going to get better .. I think he eventually becomes our #1 unless we get one somewhere else that's better.
Maybe not next year but at some point I think we see
Stutzle
Norris
Pinto

4th line C.. could have a lot of options there ... I don't see Greig as a 4th line player ; He would have to move to the wing; but I am not moving Stutzle to accommodate anyone. I still think we need to add a skilled RW; maybe Kuzmenko will come in and fit that

Tkachuk Stutzle Batherson
Formenton Norris Kozmenko
Grieg Pinto Brown
Paul x x

Reactions: Cosmix and GCK

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If we're rolling with Stützle at center we should really prioritize a top 6 winger for him

No point in spending assets and cap on a top 6 center if Norris Stützle Pinto is our top 3 moving forward

Tkachuk Batherson Formenton Brown are the only wingers locked for top 9 roles

We need two more (internally or via trade/signing)

We definitely need 1 top 6 guy externally as i think we can definitely fill a third line winger role internally with our options. It would be stupid for us to bank on someone internal making a jump into a top 6 role for next year. If it happens great but lets not bet on it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We definitely need 1 top 6 guy externally as i think we can definitely fill a third line winger role internally with our options. It would be stupid for us to bank on someone internal making a jump into a top 6 role for next year. If it happens great but lets not bet on it.
Giroux.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Giroux is definitely the ideal fit, especially since he can play C and wing so we can adjust the lines without any issues.

Other fits through UFA
Forsberg
Burakovsky
Neiderrieter
Rakell
Perron

So we do have targets available in FA that range in cost ($ wise) as well

Reactions: Tremblay31

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Giroux is definitely the ideal fit, especially since he can play C and wing so we can adjust the lines without any issues.

Other fits through UFA
Forsberg
Burakovsky
Neiderrieter
Rakell
Perron

So we do have targets available in FA that range in cost ($ wise) as well
No to Perron for sure IMO. I can’t see any of those other guys coming here no matter how interested we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad