Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think the writing is on the wall for him to be moved at any time now. Clearly out of favor in the organization

Not at all if he continues playing like he did last 2 games.

We completely forget he just turned 22.

This time last year Batherson finally proved he's NHL capable.

At Brannstrom's age, Hedman was looking like a bust himself and just put up a "good" season.

Even though I think Thomson eventually makes it over him, Brannstrom fully well can be longterm partner for Sanderson. And a great one at that.

Reactions: NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

At Brannstrom's age, Hedman was looking like a bust himself and just put up a "good" season.

Brannstrom is probably the best passer on the team. He does make really bad reads sometimes but how he gets the puck up the ice is elite and clearly outweighs the times he looks out of position in the D zone

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brannstrom is probably the best passer on the team. He does make really bad reads sometimes but how he gets the puck up the ice is elite and clearly outweighs the times he looks out of position in the D zone

Recently? Sure. But before these 2 games not really. He also still fumbles it a bit in his own zone, but that's likely inexperience.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Thought he’d never play again according to a lot of the doctors in here
I don’t remember anyone saying that, I do remember several posters, myself included, saying there is a risk of him not being the same player and having lingering issues.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Thought he’d never play again according to a lot of the doctors in here

I don’t remember anyone saying that, I do remember several posters, myself included, saying there is a risk of him not being the same player and having lingering issues.

Maybe its better to just be empathetic and be glad that the player is healthy after his operation and will return to the NHL and resume his career? I imagine this would be a worrisome and anxiety producing thing to have to go through for anyone.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Maybe its better to just be empathetic and be glad that the player is healthy after his operation and will return to the NHL and resume his career? I imagine this would be a worrisome and anxiety producing thing to have to go through for anyone.
That has nothing to do with the amount of risk Vegas has taken. They were in the perfect position to do it. He is exactly what they need today to fix their biggest hole.

Reactions: Duncstar

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That has nothing to do with the amount of risk Vegas has taken. They were in the perfect position to do it. He is exactly what they need today to fix their biggest hole.
OK, can't disagree with the point about VGK needing a center. But, that has nothing to do with the point I was making which is I'm glad that Eichel is healthy. This point has nothing to do with the hockey player or team aspect - its separate. I don't see a need to be defensive about anything.

Reactions: GCK

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Even though I think Thomson eventually makes it over him, Brannstrom fully well can be longterm partner for Sanderson. And a great one at that.
Sanderson deserves a better long term d partner. Brannstrom is still pretty overrated by fans on here. He has a lot of flaws in him game. Pairing him with Sanderson would force Sanderson to compensate for Brannstrom's flaws. Sanderson should be paired with a much more reliable d man that gives him more freedom to play his game.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sanderson deserves a better long term d partner. Brannstrom is still pretty overrated by fans on here. He has a lot of flaws in him game. Pairing him with Sanderson would force Sanderson to compensate for Brannstrom's flaws. Sanderson should be paired with a much more reliable d man that gives him more freedom to play his game.
lmao

how about we give brannstrom a proper partner for the exact same reason?

Reactions: NB613

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I mean if he is exactly what Vegas needed then I would say its the same for us.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
lmao

how about we give brannstrom a proper partner for the exact same reason?
Sanderson is a substantially better and much more well rounded prospect with higher upside, fewer flaws and significantly less need of insulation.

The hype around Brannstrom is often contingent on how he performs when he is insulated and the people that hype him disregard or overlook the significance of how his insulation impacts his projected upside. For example many fans want to see Brannstrom paired with Zub based on how that pair performed historically. Zub is an excellent d man who has the kinds of attributes to compensate for the kinds of flaws that Brannstrom has. When they get paired together and Brannstrom performs well some fans use that as an indication of how much upside they think Brannstrom has without realizing or fully appreciating how much additional work Zub needs to take on in order for Brannstrom to look like that. A small percentage of fans still seem to be under the impression that Brannstrom is a Karlsson type of d man and that he only needs a Methot type of d man to look like that and therefore when Brannstrom gets paired with a solid d man that can insulate him that hype returns and the projections of his upside get inflated.

It is one thing to argue that the Senators get more out of Brannstrom's skillset by pairing him with a high quality top 4 d man. It is another thing to use examples of that to project his upside a d have any real confidence in his ability to achieve it. More importantly, Brannstrom's potential upside is much more contingent on his ability to improve the flaws of his game. If his flaws are insulated then he isn't forced to develop them and actually might start to neglect them.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I would not be very happy with the Sens acquiring Giroux. Too old at this point. We should be getting young players that can be part of the core. Hertl I wouldn't mind as much, but I think there will be better options.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I would not be very happy with the Sens acquiring Giroux. Too old at this point. We should be getting young players that can be part of the core. Hertl I wouldn't mind as much, but I think there will be better options.
I would take Hertl but Grioux might be the smarter move due to he won't ask for a long deal like Hertl probably will.

We would be lucky if Grioux even wants to come here

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I mean if he is exactly what Vegas needed then I would say its the same for us.
Nope. We aren’t a top scoring centre away from a cup. Vegas is in Cup win now mode and the Eichel gamble is perfect for them. They will spend whatever it takes to get it done now. If Eichel re-injures himself or can’t return to form they will make another move to get there. If we moved for him and it didn’t work out we would be toast and have to restart from scratch.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Way different potential contracts. 3 x 5M ideally vs 7 x 8M. We can’t do Hertl without jettisoning a core piece. Basically Hertl would need to replace a Brady, Norris or Stu to work cap wise moving forward. Also 7 x 8M would not be enough to get him to come to any of the less desirable markets IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad