Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think people know how much I like Brannstrom and think he hasn't been given a fair shake in Ottawa, but no, that would not be an even trade, lol. I'd trade Branny for Zadina in a heartbeat.

Obviously though, Yzerman wouldn't make that trade.

Edit: With that said, I like how in the article which suggested this trade, they cite a tweet which comments on how DJ is an idiot for the way he's played Brannstrom so little despite his good play. :)
Perhaps you're a lot higher on Zadina than me? I don't see Zadina as having a lot of trade value right now, he's not scoring, he's not a great defensive player, idk how much value he holds around the league, their pretty much the same age.

Reactions: Duncstar

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
WTF Rem Pitlick on waivers? Ottawa kid, only 24, RW/C. Has 11 points in 20 games for the Wild while averaging 10min of ice time.

On this team he would have more points than any of our forwards except for the top line and Stutzle/Brown while playing 9-10 games less.

I would definitely give Pitlick a try. Move Tierney between now and the deadline and let Pitlick take his spot in a trial for next year.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Perhaps you're a lot higher on Zadina than me? I don't see Zadina as having a lot of trade value right now, he's not scoring, he's not a great defensive player, idk how much value he holds around the league, their pretty much the same age.

Yeah I guess I am. Still think he's going to be a top-6 player for most of his career so getting that in return for Brann would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Duncstar

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah I guess I am. Still think he's going to be a top-6 player for most of his career so getting that in return for Brann would be pretty awesome.
It’s not even worth talking about. If Zadina was on the block Brannstrom is not the type of player Yzerman would target. Maybe one of LAs centres or a D from Tampa/Carolina.

I actually think a Romanov for Zadina swap makes sense.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It’s not even worth talking about. If Zadina was on the block Brannstrom is not the type of player Yzerman would target. Maybe one of LAs centres or a D from Tampa/Carolina.

Why would Montreal trade Romanov?

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
My impression is they are not happy with his development.
They are absolutely not doing that trade. Absolutley fcn not. Sry.

They want to trade Petry for heavens sake. No fans want to move a young D and Jeff sure won't.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Is this Zadina/Brannstrom rumour coming from anywhere legit? I didn't see the origin but have heard it bandied about in a few different communities. Is it just that one article posted by @Sens of Anarchy earlier?

Just because you're getting heat for this proposal, I will chime in with this: ignoring positional need, I think Montreal would be wise to make that trade. They are pretty thin on young D so I think they may not do it, but you're right - Romanov has not progressed at all as hoped. Even the previous regime seemed to be souring on him. I have more faith in Zadina being a top 6 or middle 6 player than I do in Romanov being a legit top 4 D. I am not sure he has a ton of development left... seems to me like a much smaller version of Cody Ceci. He's more physical and has some better offensive tools, but has the same issues with reads and lacks Ceci's physical gifts. He's an NHL player, but I don't know if he will ever be more than an OK one.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is this Zadina/Brannstrom rumour coming from anywhere legit? I didn't see the origin but have heard it bandied about in a few different communities. Is it just that one article posted by @Sens of Anarchy earlier?

Just because you're getting heat for this proposal, I will chime in with this: ignoring positional need, I think Montreal would be wise to make that trade. They are pretty thin on young D so I think they may not do it, but you're right - Romanov has not progressed at all as hoped. Even the previous regime seemed to be souring on him. I have more faith in Zadina being a top 6 or middle 6 player than I do in Romanov being a legit top 4 D. I am not sure he has a ton of development left... seems to me like a much smaller version of Cody Ceci. He's more physical and has some better offensive tools, but has the same issues with reads and lacks Ceci's physical gifts. He's an NHL player, but I don't know if he will ever be more than an OK one.

I would not consider a rumour .. treat it as speculative like any other proposal thrown out here.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
rather keep Brannstrom

Zadina didn't look that good in the AHL either

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Remember when someone said white stunk at the wjc and also said Zadina stunk at the wjc. Damn. What a guy. What a brilliant brilliant guy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I don't know why NYR would move Lafrenniere, but if they do and are willing to move him for another prospect, then the Sens should offer Tyler Boucher.

NYR scouts were in on Boucher before the Sens picked him. Missed hockey because of COVID last year, so the Sens took a big swing at his potential given his tools. Post draft some projected his potential to be a Tom Wilson type impact player - very physical, perhaps less pugilistic and more speedy. A playoff type player who provides physicality and offence.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I don't know why NYR would move Lafrenniere, but if they do and are willing to move him for another prospect, then the Sens should offer Tyler Boucher.

NYR scouts were in on Boucher before the Sens picked him. Missed hockey because of COVID last year, so the Sens took a big swing at his potential given his tools. Post draft some projected his potential to be a Tom Wilson type impact player - very physical, perhaps less pugilistic and more speedy. A playoff type player who provides physicality and offence.
Can't tell if serious.
It would take Boucher, a 1st, Sanderson, and then some... Laff is still a complete and total Blue Chipper.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Can't tell if serious.
It would take Boucher, a 1st, Sanderson, and then some... Laff is still a complete and total Blue Chipper.

I don't think the Rangers are silly enough to move on from him, but this came after a chat on the main board thread about whether Laff should be moved. If so and if they are willing to accept a prospect (already many ifs), that's my offer for what he has brought thus far into the game (i.e. try to buy low). I could add a 2nd pick to Boucher. Sens probably still gets outbid, so then that's that. It's still a high quality offer depending on how one values Boucher who the NYR was chasing a few months ago.

I won't offer Sanderson for Laff straight up at this time. All Hurricane Sandy has done is improve his game, I mean Laff can't even make the Olympic team (now I am being sarcastic).

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He is french so there is a chance potentially Ottawa might not be on it. He would be a great pick up. Althought I dont see a line of Marchessault Stuetzle Giroux working very well. Too much of the same thing. Need someone to win battles and get pucks. If the sens cant get Giroux he would be a good fit on the second line with Formenton and Stuetzle.

May sound like nit picking... but when most people hear " he/she/ is french" ... they assume they are referencing someone from France, at least they do in my social circles .... but Joanathan Marchessault & Claude Giroux are both Canadians, born in different provinces and their mother tongue is french.

Both would be short term pick ups, and one is closer to retirement than the other... so don't think either factor into the Sens long term plans .... so would not be worth what it would take to acquire them.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
May sound like nit picking... but when most people hear " he/she/ is french" ... they assume they are referencing someone from France, at least they do in my social circles .... but Joanathan Marchessault & Claude Giroux are both Canadians, born in different provinces and their mother tongue is french.
It is nit-picking. Everyone knew what bert meant.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I'd easily pass on that trade.

I don't think the Rangers are silly enough to move on from him, but this came after a chat on the main board thread about whether Laff should be moved. If so and if they are willing to accept a prospect (already many ifs), that's my offer for what he has brought thus far into the game (i.e. try to buy low). I could add a 2nd pick to Boucher. Sens probably still gets outbid, so then that's that. It's still a high quality offer depending on how one values Boucher who the NYR was chasing a few months ago.

I won't offer Sanderson for Laff straight up at this time. All Hurricane Sandy has done is improve his game, I mean Laff can't even make the Olympic team (now I am being sarcastic).

Of course, so would anyone. I'm just saying that the Rags aren't about to give up on his extreme potential after two messy covid seasons. It would take a massive overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille