Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Can Philadelphia sign him to an extension now?

If yes, then the only way I would trade for him was if Philadelphia allowed us to negotiate an extension before making the trade.

sure. But why give up an asset and 2 mil for something we can likely get in the offseason? (Channelling my inner melnyk)

I agree with you, and hope we do it. We’ll see.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh I'm not against him on the 2nd line at all. I want to see him up there for the rest of the season to see what we have. He doesn't have enough finish right now to be elite, he's a bonafide top 9 player right now IMO.

You had him as a RW with Stutz / Gir which is alright but I'd prefer him as a 3rd line LW then a 2nd line RW because he may succeed even better there.

If anything, putting him on the 3rd line WHEN we have enough very good players to make a very good top 6, that makes us all the better. Then we're set to exploit matchups with his speed.

If he can start finishing more, maybe he earns that top 6 spot. Don't see it yet, but I acknowledge that it's a possibility and I'd love for it to come true my friend.
Had him Lw Stutzle C giroux rw.

He needs reps to develop his finishing ability. He has better pedigree than any player in the system. He is making plays and producing. His development curve is still very active. People forget that he is only 22, he is just such a good prospect he has been playing games since he was 18.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's an awful lot for a rental.

For us, yes. But likely the bare minimum that Dallas would accept, especially if he indicates he'll sign a longer deal with whoever trades for him.

And even if the target isn't Sanderson, we're at a point where a first round pick this year will be in the top 5, and a good chance next year's first rounder is a top 10 pick. Giving up any of those assets is a big hit for us. If we're honestly thinking of picking up a big piece, we have to be absolutely sure they'll stick around past this season and be a good fit for the team, because it will cost us bigly.

Reactions: Cosmix

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hello all. Try to stay off the main boards because they become a cesspool.
Looks like NYR will grab a mercenary or 2 for this years playoffs.
Someone on a short deal presumably, what do you think Dorian would be looking in return for Conner Brown??
He seems like a solid middle/bottom 6 add??
Only this season and next at a 1.7 cap hit if I’m correct?
Maybe basis of something larger?? Kravtsov or Chytil change of scenery type deal?? Draft pick??? Give me the goods....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Someone on a short deal presumably, what do you think Dorian would be looking in return for Conner Brown??
Maybe basis of something larger?? Kravtsov or Chytil change of scenery type deal?? Draft pick??? Give me the goods....
I don’t think we’re trading our one decent vet. He’s part of the rebuild.

hypothetically tho. Hmmm. It’s the deadline people often go for more than they’re worth. Maybe we ask for that Swedish Right shot d man prospect you guys have? Not sure why his name is escaping me. Kravtsov is the low hanging fruit. And a decent draft pick. I think Brown could return a late first and be worth it

I’m not saying all three pieces.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Connor Brown has a 3.6M cap this year and next which I think is too high for you next year. I’d think you could get Nick Paul but it would probably need to be an overpay like Kravtsov or Georgiev.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Taken from another thread in regards to Formenton.

Why are so many people against the idea of having Formenton on the 2nd line? He made the WJC team at 18 years old, which is very elite. He played NHL games at 18 years old, he creates tons of offense on his own and with his linemates. Since he has played in a top 6 role he has scored at .7 ppg with no PP time. He scored 27 goals in 61 games in the AHL at 20 which is very elite if you look historically. They just need to play him, get him some pp time see what they have. He has a unique skill set and is trending towards being an impact player. He is very noticeable all over the ice. His speed opens up a lot of room and he is a puck hound. I really dont understand why Chris Stevenson goes on and on about how he should be on the 3rd line. He is 22 years old, this team is out of the playoffs, play him! His chemistry with Stuetzle seems to be growing every game.

I think he can have a role like a Kreider, Hyman or Killorn on a scoring line, he retrieves pucks and creates space. I think he could score 30 goals in the right situation while being hard to play against.
Don't know why people think having Pinto and Formenton on the 3rd line means they suck. It takes time to develop into a top 6 forward (unless you are special). formenton might have potential to be a top 6 forward but there is no harm in having a legit top 6 forward infront of him and letting him develop on the 3rd line. Thats the only way we will be competitive soon

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don't know why people think having Pinto and Formenton on the 3rd line means they suck. It takes time to develop into a top 6 forward (unless you are special). formenton might have potential to be a top 6 forward but there is no harm in having a legit top 6 forward infront of him and letting him develop on the 3rd line. Thats the only way we will be competitive soon
Who suggested that they suck? This team doesnt have top 6 forwards in the system right now, and his pedigree, production and eye test suggests that he trends towards being a top 6 forward. Creating offense out of nothing is extremely hard to do and he actually does it. The line of Formenton Stuetzle Brown gave this team a legit second scoring line that drives possession made the team much harder to play against especially on the road. Was fun to watch. Ideally I think Brown is a third liner but I see a unique skillset in Formenton. I honestly think this team is one creative offensive forward away from being pretty complete up front. With Sanderson one legit top 4 d man too, its close now these young players just need reps.

This lineup would push for a playoff spot next year in my opinion.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Formenton Stuetzle Giroux
Sanford Pinto C. Brown
Paul White Watson
Kelly Gambrell

Chabot (top 4 D man physical shut down type Josh Manson for example)
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Holden
Heatherington JBD

Would have to get Zaitsev off the team somehow, i know its wishful thinking. I do think the team hopefully unloads the impending UFA's at the deadline this year Sanford, Tierney and Holden. But in a depth role id take Sanford and Holden back.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Who suggested that they suck? This team doesnt have top 6 forwards in the system right now, and his pedigree, production and eye test suggests that he trends towards being a top 6 forward. Creating offense out of nothing is extremely hard to do and he actually does it. The line of Formenton Stuetzle Brown gave this team a legit second scoring line that drives possession made the team much harder to play against especially on the road. Was fun to watch. Ideally I think Brown is a third liner but I see a unique skillset in Formenton. I honestly think this team is one creative offensive forward away from being pretty complete up front. With Sanderson one legit top 4 d man too, its close now these young players just need reps.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Sanford Pinto C. Brown
Paul White Watson
Kelly Gambrell

Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Holden
Heatherington JBD

Would have to get Zaitsev off the team somehow, i know its wishful thinking. I do think the team hopefully unloads the impending UFA's at the deadline this year Sanford, Tierney and Holden. But in a depth role id take Sanford and Holden back.

Formenton Stuztle Brown is not anywhere near strong enough for a playoff team.

Grioux helps a ton but I still think we need another top 6 forward on top of that to compete. Someone reliable and who has experience

Then have a great line in Formenton - Pinto - Brown as your third who can also provide offense

Reactions: Loach and NB613

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I don’t think we’re trading our one decent vet. He’s part of the rebuild.

hypothetically tho. Hmmm. It’s the deadline people often go for more than they’re worth. Maybe we ask for that Swedish Right shot d man prospect you guys have? Not sure why his name is escaping me. Kravtsov is the low hanging fruit. And a decent draft pick. I think Brown could return a late first and be worth it

I’m not saying all three pieces.

I think I agree with you but even hypothetically there is no reason to trade Connor Brown for a late first. Not for Kravtsov either. Maybe both would be worth considering? Of course we'd do it for Lundkvist, but can't imagine New York would go for that.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Sanford Pinto C. Brown
Paul White Watson
Kelly Gambrell

Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Holden
Heatherington JBD

I would like this Kuz- Stutzle - Giroux or Kravtzov
Formenton - Pinto - C.Brown

Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Formenton Stuztle Brown is not anywhere near strong enough for a playoff team.

Grioux helps a ton but I still think we need another top 6 forward on top of that to compete. Someone reliable and who has experience

Then have a great line in Formenton - Pinto - Brown as your third who can also provide offense
Fair, I didnt say this either. The team already has to add Giroux, they arent getting two guys, plus they need a top 4 d man. I digress and my original point stands dont understand why people cant see what he is capable of or why they dont want him in that position when literally every part of his career and production suggest he would be a strong top 6er.

I would like this Kuz- Stutzle - Giroux or Kravtzov
Formenton - Pinto - C.Brown
Formenton is a way better player than Kravtzov, who is Kuz?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Fair, I didnt say this either. The team already has to add Giroux, they arent getting two guys, plus they need a top 4 d man. I digress and my original point stands dont understand why people cant see what he is capable of or why they dont want him in that position when literally every part of his career and production suggest he would be a strong top 6er.

Formenton is a way better player than Kravtzov, who is Kuz?
Kuzmenko, he s the new sensation in the KHL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kuzmenko, he s the new sensation in the KHL
Who is going to go get the puck on that line? Giroux isnt, not Stuetzle's strength. 25 year old Russian is better than Formenton? Is he a puck hound? I see a skill guy. Ill take the 22 year old that is going to improve like everyone else. Not against adding this player but he wasnt this good at 22. Rather give the spot to a player thats earned it, sends a better message.

Maybe have him on the third line with Pinto and Brown

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Who is going to go get the puck on that line? Giroux isnt, not Stuetzle's strength. 25 year old Russian is better than Formenton? Is he a puck hound? I see a skill guy. Ill take the 22 year old that is going to improve like everyone else. Not against adding this player but he wasnt this good at 22. Rather give the spot to a player thats earned it, sends a better message.

Ho well vice versa , but I want to see how Formy gonna finish this season. I m tired of all his miss chance

Reactions: Duncstar

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Taken from another thread in regards to Formenton.

Why are so many people against the idea of having Formenton on the 2nd line? He made the WJC team at 18 years old, which is very elite. He played NHL games at 18 years old, he creates tons of offense on his own and with his linemates. Since he has played in a top 6 role he has scored at .7 ppg with no PP time. He scored 27 goals in 61 games in the AHL at 20 which is very elite if you look historically. They just need to play him, get him some pp time see what they have. He has a unique skill set and is trending towards being an impact player. He is very noticeable all over the ice. His speed opens up a lot of room and he is a puck hound. I really dont understand why Chris Stevenson goes on and on about how he should be on the 3rd line. He is 22 years old, this team is out of the playoffs, play him! His chemistry with Stuetzle seems to be growing every game.

I think he can have a role like a Kreider, Hyman or Killorn on a scoring line, he retrieves pucks and creates space. I think he could score 30 goals in the right situation while being hard to play against.

I think Formenton is tailor-made for the 3rd line. He can create chances by himself with his speed but he's not exactly a great playmaker or finisher. He's not a good puck possession player just yet either. I think his flaws would get more exposed playing with good players.

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Formenton is tailor-made for the 3rd line. He can create chances by himself with his speed but he's not exactly a great playmaker or finisher. He's not a good puck possession player just yet either. I think his flaws would get more exposed playing with good players.
If you think he is finished developing .. I can see this. He can make improvements in a few areas.. I think in another year we see him closer to what he'll ultimately be. I think if you want to develop him, he should be playing with better players now. He needs the extra ice and opportunities .. should start giving him some PP time.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Formenton is scoring at a 40 point pace as a 22 year in in his first full season on a terrible team. I agree with bert that he still has a lot of upside.
Thanks, pretty obvious especially when you look at his pedigree and how much more development room he has.

If you think he is finished developing .. I can see this. He can make improvements in a few areas.. I think in another year we see him closer to what he'll ultimately be. I think if you want to develop him, he should be playing with better players now. He needs the extra ice and opportunities .. should start giving him some PP time.
Bingo, he has barely got a chance at the NHL level, especially considering now that he has finally had a chance to play with decent players he looks good. I dont really understand the mind set that people think he is done developing.

Ho well vice versa , but I want to see how Formy gonna finish this season. I m tired of all his miss chance
I mean atleast he gets them.... Byron missed a ton of chances his first couple of years. It takes time to develop a scoring touch on NHL goalies.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCK

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If Formenton can evolve his finishing abilities, he can be this team's Patrick Sharp. I think his game is evolving and improving since he turned pro. I like the fact that he is getting 2nd line minutes in a depleted Sens line-up and has not looked out of place despite playing with a teenager who hasn't centred in years in Stu. Along with Connor Brown, all three possess good speed to enter the zone and back check, hence I like the combo moving forward.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I'd rather keep Connor Brown as a vet on this team than trade him away for 2nd round picks and then have Dorion make silly additions like Stepan that he has in the past. Connor is the type of vet we need on this team; one who can still perform at a decent effective level.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

He'll make improvements with experience, but I think his IQ, skill and playmaking ability is pretty limited and therefore limit his overall offensive ceiling.

Goal heavy 40-50P guy is where I think he'll top out. 2nd line quality LW that ideally plays 3rd LW on a contender.

Reactions: Crosside

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

To answer your first question it's C. Brown, that is his strength to hound the puck all over the ice & create turnovers. I doubt they would want Stutzle & Kuzmenko on the same line when both could be weak defensively. Unless they add a better centre Pinto is still the next best option at centre on this team behind Norris.

I think when Pinto returns they go back to a Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown 2nd line until a good two way consistent scoring second line RWer comes along. This would push Formenton down a line & when Greig arrives he could centre a Formenton - Greig - Boucher pain in the ass 3rd line. Greig seems to be a pretty good playmaker as well as goal scorer & Boucher should be able to open up a bit of room out there for both of them. Paul & Sokolov have the makings for a decent 4th line with maybe Jarventie or Kastelic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland