Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion with his Project to the max , hope for the absolute best, and hitting on all cyliders 100% of the time evalutions will have options
1. Kuzmenko
2. Boucher
3. Sokolov
4. Kelly

In his mind he has it covered

I agree.

However, I looked at the Kuzmenko video and was impressed with his skating, scoring ability and puck handling. Of course it was a favourable set of clips but he does look like the type of offensive forward we need. I think he would be better than many of the forwards we have now and add some excitement to this roster. The cost is free (no assets lost) plus salary of course. Hopefully he could play on the 2nd line with Sutzle and develop some chemistry with him and Formenton or C. Brown.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
TSN1200 this morning talking about how Vegas will need to shed some salary in order to fit Eichel when he is back from injury. They mentioned Joanathan Marchessault.

Checked his contract, he has 2 years left after this one where his salary is less than his caphit (Melnyk approved) $3.5M salary to $5M caphit. Would be awesome on the 2nd line.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Marchessault-Stutzle-Giroux
Kuzmenko-Pinto-Brown
Formenton-Paul-Watson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
TSN1200 this morning talking about how Vegas will need to shed some salary in order to fit Eichel when he is back from injury. They mentioned Joanathan Marchessault.

Checked his contract, he has 2 years left after this one where his salary is less than his caphit (Melnyk approved) $3.5M salary to $5M caphit. Would be awesome on the 2nd line.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Marchessault-Stutzle-Giroux
Kuzmenko-Pinto-Brown
Formenton-Paul-Watson
He would be nice if we aren’t on his 8 team NTC.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He would be nice if we aren’t on his 8 team NTC.
He is french so there is a chance potentially Ottawa might not be on it. He would be a great pick up. Althought I dont see a line of Marchessault Stuetzle Giroux working very well. Too much of the same thing. Need someone to win battles and get pucks. If the sens cant get Giroux he would be a good fit on the second line with Formenton and Stuetzle.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He is french so there is a chance potentially Ottawa might not be on it. He would be a great pick up. Althought I dont see a line of Marchessault Stuetzle Giroux working very well. Too much of the same thing. Need someone to win battles and get pucks. If the sens cant get Giroux he would be a good fit on the second line with Formenton and Stuetzle.
I’d like both Giroux and Marchessault.

Tkachuck Norris Marchessault
Giroux Stuetzle Batherson
Formenton Pinto Brown

After 2 years of Marchessault Formenton moves up and Giroux moves to the right side.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In a vacuum I think that's a fairly even trade, though I like Brannstrom more than some around here, but given our situation at LD, I don't see room long term for Brannstrom to meet his potential making this an easy way to trade a strength for a need where both players need a change of scenery to meet expectations.
I was not a Zadina guy in that draft. I would have picked a few over him .. I don't think Brannstrom has much of a future here.
I think Zadina would be good value for Brannstrom at this point. If that deal was available I would do it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No chance Yzerman does that. He doesn’t like small D.
Which is interesting given the Wings were never known for having particularly big guys on the back end. Rafalski, Schneider, Konstantinov were all important pieces to their teams and under 6 foot, though you can certainly argue Brannstrom might be a step too small. Even their other key guys during his playing days were particularly big, in Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chellios.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Which is interesting given the Wings were never known for having particularly big guys on the back end. Rafalski, Schneider, Konstantinov were all important pieces to their teams and under 6 foot, though you can certainly argue Brannstrom might be a step too small. Even their other key guys during his playing days were particularly big, in Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chellios.
Look at the D he built in Tampa - huge. He is building a big D corps in Detroit now with Seider and Edvinsson.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
WTF Rem Pitlick on waivers? Ottawa kid, only 24, RW/C. Has 11 points in 20 games for the Wild while averaging 10min of ice time.

On this team he would have more points than any of our forwards except for the top line and Stutzle/Brown while playing 9-10 games less.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
WTF Rem Pitlick on waivers? Ottawa kid, only 24, RW/C. Has 11 points in 20 games for the Wild while averaging 10min of ice time.

On this team he would have more points than any of our forwards except for the top line and Stutzle/Brown while playing 9-10 games less.

I would do it. His contract expires at the end of the year, so no commitment.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I know nothing about his game. Didn’t Minny pick him up on waivers earlier this year ?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
In a vacuum I think that's a fairly even trade, though I like Brannstrom more than some around here, but given our situation at LD, I don't see room long term for Brannstrom to meet his potential making this an easy way to trade a strength for a need where both players need a change of scenery to meet expectations.

I think people know how much I like Brannstrom and think he hasn't been given a fair shake in Ottawa, but no, that would not be an even trade, lol. I'd trade Branny for Zadina in a heartbeat.

Obviously though, Yzerman wouldn't make that trade.

Edit: With that said, I like how in the article which suggested this trade, they cite a tweet which comments on how DJ is an idiot for the way he's played Brannstrom so little despite his good play. :)

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Look at the D he built in Tampa - huge. He is building a big D corps in Detroit now with Seider and Edvinsson.
Not disagreeing, just find it interesting given the composition of the dynasty he played on that essentially were his formative years.

You'd think he'd be more receptive to smallish guys, perhaps not Brannstrom small, but below average anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese