Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No one debates that extending CG until he is 37 years old could help us - the question is whether it’s worth it to pay the TDL asking price for 20 games in a non playoff season ahead of his UFA.

I suggest paying Boucher (or any first) for those 20 games is a bad decision.
Nobody ever brought up trading Boucher for Giroux at the TDL.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nobody ever brought up trading Boucher for Giroux at the TDL.

Trading Boucher at any time this season for CG is the same bad idea. This is a developmental year and although it would be nice to have Stutzle develop with CG that ask is two high for the 20-60 games we might be acquiring him ahead of UFA.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That’s your opinion, no need for you to make stuff up though.

Ha ! Nice lame accusation - if you would read better you’d know it had already been discussed that his asking price now or at the deadline is virtually the same - so picking a point in the season is semantics to deciding wether to acquire him via trade or not. He costs the same and we don’t make the playoffs until he is at least 35… probably 36 or 37.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ha ! Nice lame accusation - if you would read better you’d know it had already been discussed that his asking price now or at the deadline is virtually the same - so picking a point in the season is semantics to deciding wether to acquire him via trade or not. He costs the same and we don’t make the playoffs until he is at least 35… probably 36 or 37.
I’m just tired of you moving goalposts in every thread.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m just tired of you moving goalposts in every thread.

Nothing was moved - if you don’t understand something maybe you should ignore or ask for clarity vs chucking your accusations ? Does it really matter if we pay for CG at the deadline, Xmas, or now ? It’s all the same price and same cost for a non playoff season … Feels like your just looking to nitpick.

There are 1000’s of details left out in every post - thankfully.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Nothing was moved - if you don’t understand something maybe you should ignore or ask for clarity vs chucking your accusations ? Does it really matter if we pay for CG at the deadline, Xmas, or now ? It’s all the same price and same cost for a non playoff season … Feels like your just looking to nitpick.

There are 1000’s of details left out in every post - thankfully.
For the record I started this discussion about suggesting Boucher for Giroux and I was clear it was now and on condition of a short term extension. To get Philly to consider it, we would need to offer a sweet return, which is why Boucher an American whose father has solid ties to the Flyers makes sense. Philly could then use the cap space to address a position of greater need. I also know the team wants to stay in the playoff race as long as possible so either a top 6 winger or 2nd pairing D is at the top of their to do list, not 3 months from today but soon.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
For the record I started this discussion about suggesting Boucher for Giroux and I was clear it was now and on condition of a short term extension. To get Philly to consider it, we would need to offer a sweet return, which is why Boucher an American whose father has solid ties to the Flyers makes sense. Philly could then use the cap space to address a position of greater need. I also know the team wants to stay in the playoff race as long as possible so either a top 6 winger or 2nd pairing D is at the top of their to do list, not 3 months from today but soon.

Ya - I don’t like having to entice PHY to make a move we could get for free at the end of the year (see many posts above). This PHY trade position is much weaker than PD trying to create a market for Stone.

If it is remotely true, CG would want to keep Boucher and whatever assets we’d spend anyway. Good chance Boucher would be protecting his 37 year old A$$ in three years if the dominos all fall as discussed.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ya - I don’t like having to entice PHY to make a move we could get for free at the end of the year (see many posts above).

If it is remotely true, CG would want to keep Boucher and whatever assets we’d spend anyway. Good chance Boucher would be protecting his 37 year old A$$ in three years if the dominos all fall as discussed.
I don’t think we get Giroux unless we entice Philly to move him now. Then we spend next summer unable to find a 2nd line player on a short term deal who fits.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t think we get Giroux unless we entice Philly to move him now. Then we spend next summer unable to find a 2nd line player on a short term deal who fits.

What about Giroux ? If he resigns in PHY he wanted to stay there - if he waived and goes to Colorado or whatever and stays there that his choice.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Jesus we can have Henrique and the best D so far for cheap this summer. I wonder who nixed the trade

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Jesus we can have Henrique and the best D so far for cheap this summer. I wonder who nixed the trade
Someone posted that Anaheim at the last minute wanted Ottawa to take Shattenkirk in the deal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Someone posted that Anaheim at the last minute wanted Ottawa to take Shattenkirk in the deal.
So... Instead we decided to sign MDZ and trade for Sanford?

I get that we need to be budget conscious, but I have a hard time understanding why that would scuttle a deal for a team that at the time was under the cap.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So... Instead we decided to sign MDZ and trade for Sanford?

I get that we need to be budget conscious, but I have a hard time understanding why that would scuttle a deal for a team that at the time was under the cap.
That was just a thing said by a poster here, it wasn’t an actual rumour.

Reactions: Micklebot

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I call BS. Shattenkirk has a 12 team NTC and there's no way he was waiving to come here.

Henrique has one too but he seems like a somewhat likely bet to waive given his connection with DJ, Ontario roots, and the Ducks seemingly doing everything in their power last year to get rid of him.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
With all the deck shuffling Vegas has to do to make an Eichel trade happen I can't believe there isn't another team out there who could put up an even slightly better offer without the extra headache of bringing in a third team etc.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
With all the deck shuffling Vegas has to do to make an Eichel trade happen I can't believe there isn't another team out there who could put up an even slightly better offer without the extra headache of bringing in a third team etc.

Vegas is the only team willing to pay the high price. They have to win now because they are going to be brutal in 3 to 4 years.

Everybody else knows that Eichel is bad mojo and has health concerns.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Vegas is the only team willing to pay the high price. They have to win now because they are going to be brutal in 3 to 4 years.

Everybody else knows that Eichel is bad mojo and has health concerns.
Vegas will reap every other teams mistake under valuing a top 5 C in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad