Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Not really. He's played wingers on their off wing several times this year.
Ok. Because I heard that some coaches like to set the lines up in pairs and then rotate the 3rd guys around if things aren't working or they need a change.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Tkachuk-Norris- ?
? - Stutzle - Batherson
? - Pinto - White
Kelly - Kastelic - ?

That would give us Joseph, Formenton, Brown and Watson to move up, down and around. These guys might be more able to shift around during a game. It would change if we got a top 6 or/and a Neil type player. Does this work, in theory?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I would certainly trade Brannstrom for Fiala. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

Who is "anyone" (kind of vague)? If you are talking about fans, sure I agree.

I was talking about what the Wild want in a trade from Ottawa. That's a different topic.

And, I didn't say the Wild would not want Brannstrom either. I was just saying they'd want more, at least imho.
I was never referring to you at all, I quoted someone else suggesting they wouldn't trade Brannstrom for Fiala and then you entered the conversation. I think it's common sense the Wild want a hell of a lot more than Brannstrom for Fiala, but some people here rate Brannstrom a lot higher than me.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
OK, got it. I agree with you in that case. I would trade Brannstrom for Fiala.

I'm not sure the Wild would though, which was the point I was making.
I don't think the Wild even pick up the phone if we're offering Branny as the centrepiece. I found someone else suggesting they wouldn't trade Branny for anything less than Chychrun laughable. We gotta be realistic.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sens management lets Duclair walk and he signs elsewhere for 3M a year, and now are apparently interested in trading a bunch of assets for Fiala to pay him somewhere between 6-8M.

Bunch of geniuses.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 3.34.41 AM.png

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don't think the Wild even pick up the phone if we're offering Branny as the centrepiece. I found someone else suggesting they wouldn't trade Branny for anything less than Chychrun laughable. We gotta be realistic.
I agree. If Brannstrom is involved in a trade with the Wild for Fiala, then something else is being offered from Ottawa that is fairly significant I would think.

Reactions: The Expert

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Sens management lets Duclair walk and he signs elsewhere for 3M a year, and now are apparently interested in trading a bunch of assets for Fiala to pay him somewhere between 6-8M.

Bunch of geniuses.

Piece of advice. When you're trying to mock others for their intelligence try not to get things wrong while you're doing it.

Assen na yo

Reactions: DueDiligence

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
This notion that Brannstrom has no value needs further thought IMO. While he’s no longer one of the brightest young d prospects around the league, he’s still really young, still developing, and holding down an nhl spot showing he belongs.

What is a young pp qb dman (borderline top 4) worth? We talk as if teams wouldn’t perceive any value, as if he’s a busted prospect. I don’t think he is at all, even if he represents a weak return for a player like Stone.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This notion that Brannstrom has no value needs further thought IMO. While he’s no longer one of the brightest young d prospects around the league, he’s still really young, still developing, and holding down an nhl spot showing he belongs.

What is a young pp qb dman (borderline top 4) worth? We talk as if teams wouldn’t perceive any value, as if he’s a busted prospect. I don’t think he is at all, even if he represents a weak return for a player like Stone.
Ian Mendes did a pre-trade deadline article in the Athletic where a panel of anonymous NHL scouts and execs evaluated some fan trade proposals that were sent in.

The consensus opinion was that Brannstrom has essentially no value around the league.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Tkachuk-Norris- ?
? - Stutzle - Batherson
? - Pinto - White
Kelly - Kastelic - ?

That would give us Joseph, Formenton, Brown and Watson to move up, down and around. These guys might be more able to shift around during a game. It would change if we got a top 6 or/and a Neil type player. Does this work, in theory?

This does work in theory, my issue is with or without white we will have a lot of money tied into our forwards in just Brady/Norris/Stutzle/Batherson/Pinto around 32-35 million. Another top 6 forward will cost anywhere from 5-8 million. If we are going to be a cap team then we could probably make it work but if our internal cap is around 70 million (we spent about 66 million in real dollars as per cap friendly) then that is more then half our budget on 6 forwards).

Plus we really do need a top 4 dman even if its a temporary one because our defense is a bigger negative

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-XXX
Holden/Bran(if bran is still around)-Hamonic

So if we had to pick one spot to spend our remaining budget it would be getting rid of zaistev and adding a dman here

Reactions: Loach

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

I think some of the recent discussion is whether he would be the main piece in a trade for Fiala, not that Brannstrom has "no value", or that he is a "busted prospect". There's more nuance in what is being discussed and when you remove the relevant nuance then you end up talking about 2 different subjects.

Perhaps posing a question would be better: Do you think the Wild would do a straight one-for-one trade Brannstrom for Fiala?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
This does work in theory, my issue is with or without white we will have a lot of money tied into our forwards in just Brady/Norris/Stutzle/Batherson/Pinto around 32-35 million. Another top 6 forward will cost anywhere from 5-8 million. If we are going to be a cap team then we could probably make it work but if our internal cap is around 70 million (we spent about 66 million in real dollars as per cap friendly) then that is more then half our budget on 6 forwards).

Plus we really do need a top 4 dman even if its a temporary one because our defense is a bigger negative

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-XXX
Holden/Bran(if bran is still around)-Hamonic

So if we had to pick one spot to spend our remaining budget it would be getting rid of zaistev and adding a dman here

Once I see Norris get PAID, then we can officially say that we are paying a few 50 point players as they are 80+ point players

Good that we have Batherson's and Brown's contracts to balance it out

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Once I see Norris get PAID, then we can officially say that we are paying a few 50 point players as they are 80+ point players

Good that we have Batherson's and Brown's contracts to balance it out

It must suck being so damn miserable. I seriously cannot fathom what level of masochist one must be to still be cheering for the Ottawa Senators as long as you have.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you believe a young (22yrs on his ELC) ppg #1C whos already scored 80+ pts gets paid on his next contract versus what Norris is gonna get "overpaid" for? Care to elaborate for us?

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
The consensus opinion was that Brannstrom has essentially no value around the league.
If that's a case, our only option to move him (assuming management doesn't want him here) would be to try and take advantage of a cap strapped team that has injuries. Teams like Minnesota, Oilers, or the Caps that need all the cheap ELC talent they can get

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
Sens will use Brannstrom+, JBD+, or Lassi+ for a top-6 forward. The value and pieces needed for that + depends on the perceived value of each Dman. The obvious concern and most likely scenario is selling low on one of these D, and buying high on a forward the Sens overvalue.

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Does Brannstrom have as much value as Bean & Bear did last year? Hard to say but I would guess that's the absolute max value he carries - a mid-2nd or a solid 3rd liner that doesnt fit their teams salary structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad