Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Hate to break it to you. I doubt we have a single player that ever dreamed of playing for Ottawa and winning a cup in Ottawa. Brady was proooobably a little dissapointed we picked him. Same with stutzle.
We will when Ottawa signs Landeskog tomorrow :sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brannstrom is almost NINE years younger than McNabb. I love seeing kneejerk reactions to young players breaking into the NHL as much as the next person but Brannstroms team control and potential is still high enough that i think a lot of NHL gms would trade 1 year of an aging (albeit good) bottom pairing defensive defencemen for him.
Its not knee jerk, unless Brannstrom figures out how to defend at this level he isnt an NHL player. No small d men handled a forcheck in the playoffs this year or last, even the best skaters like Girard and Hughes. Its not a secret. I want him to succeed, I just dont see any indication he can be a player that helps this team win a stanley cup unless he gets jets on his boots this off season. Watching Mete play here simulataniously showed the distinct difference in how good a 5'9 d mans skating has to be to play in the league.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That doesn't matter what Eichel wants or doesn't want. He wants out of the shitstorm in Buffalo and I bet would look on an up and coming team like Ottawa quite favourably. Again though, it doesn't matter what he wants, it matters what Ottawa is prepared to offer. So...I stand by the zero percent chance there.

Krejci is at the tail end of his illustrious career and has played for a contender for the last decade. Pretty much the last places he wants to play are: Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo, Arizona, San Jose. The flip side is, if Ottawa offers him 14 or 15 million on his next contract he might consider it, but I all but guarantee a Minnesota style playoff likely team (or Boston).
I think thats incredibly wishfull thinking. They have literally been the worst team in the league since he has entered it and has been mired with controversy since he entered the league. It also does matter what he wants, he is forcing his way out of a situation right now. He is clearly willing to do it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its not knee jerk, unless Brannstrom figures out how to defend at this level he isnt an NHL player. No small d men handled a forcheck in the playoffs this year or last, even the best skaters like Girard and Hughes. Its not a secret. I want him to succeed, I just dont see any indication he can be a player that helps this team win a stanley cup unless he gets jets on his boots this off season. Watching Mete play here simulataniously showed the distinct difference in how good a 5'9 d mans skating has to be to play in the league.

The Brann Crush is alive and well

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think thats incredibly wishfull thinking. They have literally been the worst team in the league since he has entered it and has been mired with controversy since he entered the league. It also clearly does matter what he wants, he is forcing his way out of a situation right now. He is clearly willing to do it.

I mean...he doesn't have a NTC yet, he can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean...he doesn't have a NTC yet, he can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.
Yet he is still forcing his way out of town and has many suitors and he knows it. Fine by me if you don't agree but this is the logic I am applying. If you sit down and think about the variables no team is gonna give up what it takes if they don't know he wants to be there.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yet he is still forcing his way out of town and has many suitors and he knows it. Fine by me if you don't agree but this is the logic I am applying. If you sit down and think about the variables no team is gonna give up what it takes if they don't know he wants to be there.
Yeah, I guess if he says hell no I don't want to go to Minnesota, then that's that for that trade.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Ok you are right Eichel is a pillar of leadership and success, his dream was to go to Ottawa to win a cup. All of the reports of him being the problem and the head of the snake that trickled down as the captain of the team to the rest of the leadership group are false.

What reports? The only one I've heard is Dean Brown claiming his sources in Buffalo have told him that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The Sens will not trade for a guy that doesn’t want to be here from the get go, especially a guy that costs that much.

Stepan was good to go from the start and then discovered the hardships of being kept away from his young family.

Paquette was picked up just so we’d get the second, we didn’t give a shit what he wanted, and happily moved his ass on.

We will never trade for a guy with character red flags, and who isn’t pumped to come here, 100% will not happen.

Jesus, I can already see Brady punching him out at practice Chris Neil style…

Reactions: Dino Tkachuk

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What reports? The only one I've heard is Dean Brown claiming his sources in Buffalo have told him that.
Dean Brown is senators shill

The only reason to not go after Eichel is either the cost of assets is too high or we can't afford him

ROR couldn't wait to leave Buffalo

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hate to break it to you. I doubt we have a single player that ever dreamed of playing for Ottawa and winning a cup in Ottawa. Brady was proooobably a little dissapointed we picked him. Same with stutzle.
Ceci did. Remember when his mother sent out a pic of him shortly after he was drafted with his Sens jersey or standing next to Fisher for the anthem with the Sens flag. Boro maybe too. The team has been around now for over 25 yrs, lots of kids in this area have grown up dreaming of playing for the Sens, maybe even a good number on this board.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
We only need stopgaps for 2C and 2LD. Please don’t block Sanderson and Pinto when they’re ready.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Think id just stay status quo and hope for a shot at Wright. Our division is still very solid and our defense is still bad while our offense lacks some punch. Rather just stay with the kids and let them play instead of signing plugs. Maybe sign a C for a year or 2 while Pinto develops but he looked damn good with Stutzle and Brown
I think most people agree with this, good post. I dont want Pinto to end up as a Danault, I think he has more offense in his game. Like you said there isnt a rush. I think atleast starting him in the AHL wouldnt be the worst thing for his development.

Maybe Tierney gets that his career maybe on the line and he plays the first 40 games here with some passion. Then the sens are able to ship him out of an asset and move Pinto into the lineup after he spends some time on the first pp, first line C in Belleville.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I feel like Dylan Strome might be an easy player to aquire. Would they give him to the sens for free if they take Dehaan? Dehaan has one year left then UFA could fill the 2nd pairing LD slot this year before Sanderson gets here.

Id probably do Tampas 2nd rounder for both of them maybe thats too much, I am not sure. Maybe get Arizona involved taking some salary and dumping Tierney?

Makes sense for Chicago as they can target another impact D man in free agency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad