Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
lol we give up assets for a goalie that hasn't been good since 2017 and other teams are giving up literally nothing for this year's vezina winner.

Not to mention he was rumoured to be available with a sweetener last offseason.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
yeah O’Reilly destroyed that culture too when he said he fell out of love with hockey in Buffalo. Also said Sabres began to be used to/fine with losing. You know, the same thing Eichel said, tired of losing and going in circles.

we wont get him for obvious reasons but there’s a lot of fake stuff around Eichel
If you actually think Eichel and O'Rielly are comparable in any way from a leadership, consitency, attitude and work ethic stand point then you are lost on this one.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
^ x 9

So, its possible that Eichel stays with Buffalo then, maybe even if it just for this year (or most of the year)? Seems like its within the realm of what's possible.

Reactions: bert

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
No one wants small D men that cant skate at an elite level. Especially a team that is built to win today. Mcnabb is a stud top 4 physical d man. Doesnt matter about money or contract status. One player doesnt look like he can defend at the NHL level. The other is a very valuable piece to win games in the NHL.

Brannstrom is almost NINE years younger than McNabb. I love seeing kneejerk reactions to young players breaking into the NHL as much as the next person but Brannstroms team control and potential is still high enough that i think a lot of NHL gms would trade 1 year of an aging (albeit good) bottom pairing defensive defencemen for him.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
He has a no-trade list and high salary so that limited his option.

He’s also made it clear that he doesn’t want to play anywhere other than Vegas. It’s now being reported that he’ll “discuss his future with his family” and may retire instead of reporting to Chicago.

Reactions: Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Eichel is destroying the culture in Buffalo?! What positive culture was there to destroy? They traded Ryan O'Reilly because he was discouraged by losing... they traded Ristolainen because he was discouraged by losing... they traded Reinhart because he was discouraged by losing... they traded Hall because he was discouraged by losing.... but Eichel is destroying the culture because he's a) tired of losing and b) doesn't trust the organization to look out for his best interest?
Based solely on what Dean & Gord have said from their sources in Buff is that Eichel like Subban takes up most of the oxygen in the room & is a me first player. This team is trying to build a culture of team first with guys who have strong work ethics & drive to win. Not only would the cost for Eichel be substantial it could also set us back if his neck injury persists (surgery isn't always a cure) or the cost to get him leaves us lacking in other areas. Ott has a good up & coming team with strong characters who are only going to get better, if we have some patience with these young guys the rewards later could be huge with this group IMO.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't see them being remotely comparable. Krejci has won in his career already, if the sens offer him the most money he might come.

Eichel already has a contract and is trying to get out of a rebuilding team in an American small market. He is American the last thing he wants to do is make a lateral move to Canada.

That doesn't matter what Eichel wants or doesn't want. He wants out of the shitstorm in Buffalo and I bet would look on an up and coming team like Ottawa quite favourably. Again though, it doesn't matter what he wants, it matters what Ottawa is prepared to offer. So...I stand by the zero percent chance there.

Krejci is at the tail end of his illustrious career and has played for a contender for the last decade. Pretty much the last places he wants to play are: Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo, Arizona, San Jose. The flip side is, if Ottawa offers him 14 or 15 million on his next contract he might consider it, but I all but guarantee a Minnesota style playoff likely team (or Boston).

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
So this year’s Vezina winner gets given away for free and we really have too cheap of an owner to weaponize our cap space? I don’t want Fleury but wow that space is valuable and we’re not taking advantage

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He’s also made it clear that he doesn’t want to play anywhere other than Vegas. It’s now being reported that he’ll “discuss his future with his family” and may retire instead of reporting to Chicago.
I think he’ll take the money.

unless he gets it regardless, since he’s old

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Based solely on what Dean & Gord have said from their sources in Buff is that Eichel like Subban takes up most of the oxygen in the room & is a me first player. This team is trying to build a culture of team first with guys who have strong work ethics & drive to win. Not only would the cost for Eichel be substantial it could also set us back if his neck injury persists (surgery isn't always a cure) or the cost to get him leaves us lacking in other areas. Ott has a good up & coming team with strong characters who are only going to get better, if we have some patience with these young guys the rewards later could be huge with this group IMO.
Yeah sounds like something Dean and Gord would say.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Eichel wont fit with us for a handful of reasons and there are certainly risks to acquiring him. Blaming him for what has happened in Buffalo is a bridge too far, though.

Reactions: Rodzilla

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok you are right Eichel is a pillar of leadership and success, his dream was to go to Ottawa to win a cup. All of the reports of him being the problem and the head of the snake that trickled down as the captain of the team to the rest of the leadership group are false. Sens should load up and go all in right now, every move they have made that has clearly been in a specific direction should be ignored.

Am I doing this right?
Hate to break it to you. I doubt we have a single player that ever dreamed of playing for Ottawa and winning a cup in Ottawa. Brady was proooobably a little dissapointed we picked him. Same with stutzle.

Reactions: Rodzilla

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
About half of those guys in the top 15-20 shouldnt be carrying a team. I love Lehner but he's only led a team to the playoffs once. I think he can do it, but there is certainly some risk there.

That's mostly because he played on Ottawa and Buffalo for most of his career.

He's a damn good goalie when he's not playing in the shootout.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
If you actually think Eichel and O'Rielly are comparable in any way from a leadership, consitency, attitude and work ethic stand point then you are lost on this one.

Yeah you told me the same thing when I said SJ would give us a top 5 pick.

Eichel is pretty consistent. He’s tired of losing. Is he the same style of player as O’Reilly, nah. Not as gritty, not as good 2 way but he is a superstar and the work ethic and attitude stuff I am reading here is hyperbole. A guy producing year in year out and carrying that terrible team isnt someone id call out for lack of consistency, poor work ethic or attitude. He has only done good so far for Buffalo. Obviously I am biased cause I really love Eichel. But the stuff around here on him is just false.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Hate to break it to you. I doubt we have a single player that ever dreamed of playing for Ottawa and winning a cup in Ottawa. Brady was proooobably a little dissapointed we picked him. Same with stutzle.

Brandt Clarke and Mason Mctavish have entered the chat. Yet we still didn’t manage to get them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad