Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
We only need stopgaps for 2C and 2LD. Please don’t block Sanderson and Pinto when they’re ready.
I think getting Soucy and P. Suter would be a realistic scenario and both would fit in well with this team. Both are unproven at this stage but still would be better options than what we have on the roster currently imo and could hold the fort till our younger guys step in.

Get Soucy for a 2nd + 3rd or prospect and sign Suter to a 2-year $3-3.5M. Dump Tierney at the first opportunity we get.

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
Sens don't need to acquire any players who are not far above average in their role. Strome, Getzlaf and even Landeskog are not above average adds (Landeskog without MacKinnon very likely drops like Dadanov dropped without Barkov).
Eichel is far above average, but is costly and his character is too risky, recalling him not bothering to backcheck on a 3on3 overtime goal, to go along with other off ice stuff.
The best adds would likely be to find a Joel Edmundson or two, add that to our already average scoring, and see how much better the offence grows into with young players getting better. Can better assess Murray for another year, and be competitive every night.
After this season, a better shot at an elite player will hopefully present itself, Boucher and Sanderson in, Tierney out, and it becomes go time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci did. Remember when his mother sent out a pic of him shortly after he was drafted with his Sens jersey or standing next to Fisher for the anthem with the Sens flag. Boro maybe too. The team has been around now for over 25 yrs, lots of kids in this area have grown up dreaming of playing for the Sens, maybe even a good number on this board.
But do we currently have one.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Sens don't need to acquire any players who are not far above average in their role. Strome, Getzlaf and even Landeskog are not above average adds (Landeskog without MacKinnon very likely drops like Dadanov dropped without Barkov).
Eichel is far above average, but is costly and his character is too risky, recalling him not bothering to backcheck on a 3on3 overtime goal, to go along with other off ice stuff.
The best adds would likely be to find a Joel Edmundson or two, add that to our already average scoring, and see how much better the offence grows into with young players getting better. Can better assess Murray for another year, and be competitive every night.
After this season, a better shot at an elite player will hopefully present itself, Boucher and Sanderson in, Tierney out, and it becomes go time.
Landeskog is a great player regardless. But he wouldn’t come here.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Proposal:

To Chicago: Tampa 2nd 2022
To Ottawa: Dylan Strome, Calvin Dehaan (arizona rentention 50%)
To Arizona: Chris Tierney, Chicago 4th round pick 2022

I don't know if DeHaan is still good or not but I think I would do this deal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Proposal:

So...

Chicago is getting a 2nd for Strome, deHann and a 4th

Arizona is paying 2.7 mil to get Tierney and a 4th

And we're offloading Tierney and paying a 2nd for Strome and deHann on acceptable deals?

I'd do it for us, not sure the Hawks or Arizona have much incentive though

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So...

Chicago is getting a 2nd for Strome, deHann and a 4th

Arizona is paying 2.7 mil to get Tierney and a 4th

And we're offloading Tierney and paying a 2nd for Strome and deHann on acceptable deals?

I'd do it for us, not sure the Hawks or Arizona have much incentive though
Sounds like a no from the Arizona side of things, Hawks fans dont mind it. They get 7.6 million in cap space and dont see Strome as a good option as a 3C.

Perhaps a deal around Logan Brown for Strome?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sounds like a no from the Arizona side of things, Hawks fans dont mind it. They get 7.6 million in cap space and dont see Strome as a good option as a 3C.

Yeah, Hawks could be good purely because of the cap relief, but I don't see the value for Arizona

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Proposal:

I think Arizona would need more, and most likely from us. I would also say that maybe chicago has to give up a little less. Something like

To Ottawa: Dylan Strome, Calvin Dehaan (arizona retention 50%)
To Arizona: Chris Tierney, Ottawa 2nd round pick 2022

It is a good premises for a deal imo as chicago does need to distribute dollars and arizona gets a guaranteed 2nd and at least a 4th out of the deal

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
We need a 1C, a young one? Why not offer sheet EP out of Vancouver.
We'd be saving our young guys instead of trading them to Buffalo.
We'd be getting a younger center for 1st round picks (compensation for offer sheeting). Those 1sts will not be worth much if we are able to breakout.

Reactions: PM and Crosside

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

If Chicago is only looking for cap relief maybe there's a simpler deal to be made without Strome?

To Chicago: TBL 2nd/OTT 3rd 2022
To Ottawa: Calvin De Hann + CHI 4th 2022

It wouldn't be my first choice, but as long as there's a taker for Tierney, it would reallocate some money to a position of need. Plus De Haan is local, so maybe he ends up signing on for another year or two as a bridge/mentor to Sanderson.

Doesn't solve the C issue which would obviously need to be addressed without Tierney in the fold, but it would be a start on fixing some of the issues with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad