Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The Leafs core is built wrong, need to build from Goaltender out! Just like the Oilers! Both of them lack heart, passion, grit, playoff style players. Neither will win a cup without fundamental changes to their core and how the teams are constructed. Fun to watch regular season teams and that's it.

Reactions: SENStastic

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Can we overpay Spezza for one year so we don't have to watch him in a disgusting jersey anymore? Please? We have cap space, and it would only be a year.

Reactions: Yak

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Leafs are like the same team that the HFboards hive-mind would collectively build for itself, and its glorious to see how miserably bad it failed, and how predictable it all was.

People will continue to laugh at the Sens for targeting guys like Brassard, Stepan, ect ect. And while some have obviously failed, at some time or another people online are going to have to wake up and realize that intangibles are absolutely a real thing. And that high character, leadership, and a winning attitude/ultra-competitive and pro like mentality is worth so much in reality.

And more lessons can be learned from how important it is to build a proper team culture, develop players properly (ie getting the young stars to engage for the entire game), and not trying to run-and-gun your way to a cup with all out offense.

Its a laughably bad approach no matter how sexy it may look on paper. Ive said it many times before, but teams need to wake up and try to be like the Bruins...they have the best team culture in the NHL by far imo, and their stars are always seemingly overachieving for a reason.

Thing is, Boston focuses on guys with both high skill and high compete level. That's the big difference. You need skill...but you also need that skill to have that inner drive.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thing is, Boston focuses on guys with both high skill and high compete level. That's the big difference. You need skill...but you also need that skill to have that inner drive.

that documentary when they are in the war room discussing trading Seguin and they all agree he doesn’t have the complete or attitude to win. Getting rid of a talent like that and like Kessel because of their attitudes - why Boston are winners

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
that documentary when they are in the war room discussing trading Seguin and they all agree he doesn’t have the complete or attitude to win. Getting rid of a talent like that and like Kessel because of their attitudes - why Boston are winners
Well... They haven't won since trading Seguin so idk about that.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well... They haven't won since trading Seguin so idk about that.

I mean globally they have done an obviously excellent job at keeping their franchise at the top of the NHL. They don’t hold onto a player like Bobby Ryan for puppy reasons, or Mike Hoffman for his stats - you get him out of town and get someone in that spot you is willing to play hockey to win.

duclair faced that here

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
upload_2021-6-1_6-45-24.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I mean globally they have done an obviously excellent job at keeping their franchise at the top of the NHL. They don’t hold onto a player like Bobby Ryan for puppy reasons, or Mike Hoffman for his stats - you get him out of town and get someone in that spot you is willing to play hockey to win.

duclair faced that here

They traded Seguin and promptly missed the playoffs two years in a row. They are doing well now not because they got rid of Seguin with nothing left to show for it, but because they drafted some really good players in Pasternak, Debrusk, Carlo and McAvoy.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
They traded Seguin and promptly missed the playoffs two years in a row. They are doing well now not because they got rid of Seguin with nothing left to show for it, but because they drafted some really good players in Pasternak, Debrusk, Carlo and McAvoy.

This is all true. Not sure what your point is. Was trading Seguin bad or good? Did you agree or not agree with it?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is all true. Not sure what your point is. Was trading Seguin bad or good? Did you agree or not agree with it?

At the time Seguin was a partying brat.

Luckily for Dallas, he grew out of it enough to turn himself into a strong player for them. Not all guys do that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The point is pretty clear, trading a guy like Seguin isn't why they are currently good, that's just nonsensical. The trade backfired but good drafting allowed them to recover.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The point is pretty clear, trading a guy like Seguin isn't why they are currently good, that's just nonsensical. The trade backfired but good drafting allowed them to recover.

the salary slot, his attitude on other players, his ice time in big moments where he wouldn’t deliver? In the cap world it’s not like soccer where you can have a bench of star players, your salary slots better be the right players or you’ll never move beyond an inconsistent team like Dallas

mans the fact Boston said we have a standard for our players that despite your talent you don’t meet, you’re outta here. Ottawa fooled around with guys like Ryan, Hoffman and players who wouldn’t commit to be winners. Dorion has changed a lot of that culture

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
...still a tossup for me.

They both had strangely short peaks...and a lot of valleys.
What? Seguin has been a pretty consistent producer in Dallas, close to or over a PT per game 5 out of the past 7 seasons, and was dealing with hip and knee issues in one of those down years(last year).

Maybe he's on the downswing but his career didn't really have lots of peaks and valleys, he's been pretty consistent in Dallas.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
the salary slot, his attitude on other players, his ice time in big moments where he wouldn’t deliver? In the cap world it’s not like soccer where you can have a bench of star players, your salary slots better be the right players or you’ll never move beyond an inconsistent team like Dallas

mans the fact Boston said we have a standard for our players that despite your talent you don’t meet, you’re outta here. Ottawa fooled around with guys like Ryan, Hoffman and players who wouldn’t commit to be winners. Dorion has changed a lot of that culture
Right, which is why they bring in a guy like Hall for their playoff push, and why the Pens got a Conn Smythe like playoff performance in their cup win from their other cast off in Kessel.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Right, which is why they bring in a guy like Hall for their playoff push, and why the Pens got a Conn Smythe like playoff performance in their cup win from their other cast off in Kessel.

I think you’re confusing deadline acquisition to help with a playoff push and a core building block piece you commit to for 8 years. Deadline pieces are only here for 30 games, signing a player you aren’t convinced on to 8 years is an entirely different meeting

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Who trades Brady for Matthews or Marner today ? I think Brady’s price just went up.

Reactions: DJB

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Who trades Brady for Matthews or Marner today ? I think Brady’s price just went up.

I don’t really care what just happened I’m still trading Brady for Marner and Matthews everyday of the week. Matthews is/is going to be a top 3/top 5 player the next decade and Marner likely a top 5-7 winger.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t really care what just happened I’m still trading Brady for Marner and Matthews everyday of the week. Matthews is/is going to be a top 3/top 5 player the next decade and Marner likely a top 5-7 winger.

I legit don’t think I’d take Marner for Brady right now. Matthew’s is a stud - he’d look great with Brady :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You're the best poster on here and it isn't particularly close, however, I'm 60% sure you're wrong about Brannstrom.
Thanks... Could be wrong definitely.. Maybe ... I take it you mean my impression of Brannstrom in general , and not about Columbus doing back flips to acquire him for Jones.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ok, if it’s Marner AND Matthews then I agree you have to think about it.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If you look at Marner's contract after the signing bonus is paid this year, hes exactly the type of contracts that Melnyk loves. High caphit, lower salary.

Colin White + Braanstrom + Dadonov + 2021 1st lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad