Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Boy am I glad that Dubois did not end up on Montreal. He is exactly what they are missing with so many undersized skill guys. He plays with a serious edge and really elevates come playoff time, glad he is out west for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Cosmix

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Dorion only does Telegram.
That's fine. If we catch him with a Parler account ...

giphy.gif

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
One is an ELC player, being traded because a team values what he will become.

One is a guy who will get an 8 year 8+ million dollar contract, because he’s a high profile soon to be UFA who will not sign with his team.

They aren’t comparable whatsoever.

You got the last word, you good?

One has scored 40 goals twice and almost potted 30 goals and 70 points in what was considered an off year, the other can only dream of putting up those totals.

You’re right, they’re not comparable at all in terms of player caliber. The team that wants DeBrincat will pay the price to get him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You got the last word, you good?

One has scored 40 goals twice and almost potted 30 goals and 70 points in what was considered an off year, the other can only dream of putting up those totals.

You’re right, they’re not comparable at all in terms of player caliber.
Yes, they aren’t comparable players, in comparable situations, with comparable contractual obligations. Exactly.

Sens would likely get as good/better return from Pinto as they would DBC. Exact same situation. Neither would have any relevance to the other, as the situations, players, contracts aren’t comparable.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Would the Rangers part with Lafreniere for a signed Debrincat? They are in cap trouble so would have to take money back. Goodrow ect

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Rangers might feel pressure to keep up with New Jersey and Carolina.

I think there's a path forward there.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yes, they aren’t comparable players, in comparable situations, with comparable contractual obligations. Exactly.

Sens would likely get as good/better return from Pinto as they would DBC. Exact same situation. Neither would have any relevance to the other, as the situations, players, contracts aren’t comparable.

Newhook's ELC contract expired this year. He's an RFA at the moment, same as Pinto yes. Same as DBC too, albeit younger.

Montreal paid a premium for a player who is cost controlled and who has potential to break out with them. DBC is in a situation where you already know he's a good goal scorer. If you're the team acquiring him, you're paying a premium because of that and because you probably know he will re-sign with you.

If Newhook can get a 1st + 2nd, DBC can easily get a 1st + package is all I'm saying. Again, not sure why you're trying to convince me otherwise. You don't have to agree with me.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dadonov extends, 2yrs 2.5m per with Dallas. Brings them within $5m of the cap.
Would the Rangers part with Lafreniere for a signed Debrincat? They are in cap trouble so would have to take money back. Goodrow ect
Debrincat for Goodrow & Lafreniere would be another absurdly good return lol

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Other GMs when their backs are against a wall and in a hard place still get great returns, while our guy gets us a Brannstrom and a 2nd rounder.
Big part of WPGs return was taking back a good amount of salary. Vilardi will get a nice raise, Iafallo is making $4mil...

If we take back a good amount in salary, I'm hopeful we can get some good pieces too

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Newhook's ELC contract expired this year. He's an RFA at the moment, same as Pinto yes. Same as DBC too, albeit younger.

Montreal paid a premium for a player who is cost controlled and who has potential to break out with them. DBC is in a situation where you already know he's a good goal scorer. If you're the team acquiring him, you're paying a premium because of that and because you probably know he will re-sign with you.

If Newhook can get a 1st + 2nd, DBC can easily get a 1st + package is all I'm saying. Again, not sure why you're trying to convince me otherwise. You don't have to agree with me.
Not the same as DeBrincat. Newhook's UFA year is 2028; Same as Pinto

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
While I want the best return for DBC, the petty side of me wants him traded to his least favored destination whatever comes back our way lol.

With that said, the fault mostly lies with PD who traded for a guy who probably made it clear early on he didnt want anything to do with Canada, much less Ottawa.

Still though, it's kinda weird that Cat wouldn't rather just stay here on an emerging team with a great locker room, but I guess it's location location location for the kid.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A league executive told Postmedia that if DeBrincat and Jackson want him moved they’d better work with the Senators to help facilitate a deal, otherwise, he’ll be back in camp with Ottawa next season. That’s what Tkachuk had to do get moved out of Calgary.

lol bro we know who this ‘league executive’ is.

There’s been speculation the Detroit may send its No. 17 selection to the Senators as part of a package for DeBrincat. Nothing is imminent and Dorion noted he expects the Senators will be a spectator for the first round because the club moved its pick to Arizona for Jakob Chychrun.

The Senators are scheduled to select No. 108 overall in the fourth-round Thursday and that’s the way it may stay. The club could get a second or third-round pick in this draft in exchange for winger Alex Formenton.

from the localsportswriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln