Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
How many current Sens forwards do we think will likely score 45pts next season ?

Not too many.

I don’t mind the signing of Galchenyuk provided that it is for 1 or 2 years at around $1-2M per season. It might be worth it to see if he can resurrect his career, similar to Duclair.

If he fails, the worst that could happen is a high draft pick next season, which is an objective of another kind.

Reactions: NB613 and Sweatred

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Curious if anyone would make this deal:

To Ottawa: Matt Dumba, Jordan Greenway
To Minnesota: Colin White, Christian Wolanin, NYI 1st

Ottawa gets the best player in the deal. Minnesota gets the potential with Wolanin + the 1st. Greenway for White is a change of scenery, but Minnesota takes on more risk.
Yes. Wolanin is one year younger than dumba.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
In a heartbeat.

No kidding, we get out of the $22 million owed to White, clear a path from Brown, Norris, and 3OA to compete for Center, and avoid the next wasted $25 million on the Wolanin contract at the end of the season.

The second best part is adding Dumba.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
We dropped the ball on not kicking tires on Eric Staal. 3.25 cap hit, moves us closer to the floor, not too expensive for el cheapo at 3 million actual cash owed, either. Would have been the perfect bridge #1 centre, and word has it he only included contending teams on his no trade list.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
We dropped the ball on not kicking tires on Eric Staal. 3.25 cap hit, moves us closer to the floor, not too expensive for el cheapo at 3 million actual cash owed, either. Would have been the perfect bridge #1 centre, and word has it he only included contending teams on his no trade list.
We're going to hit the floor with no issues just resigning our RFAs.

He would have taken our 3M and left in a year and we'd have one less prospect to show for it. Might as well just wait and seen what Ennis-type guys can't find at date at the end of Free Agency.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My prediction is 4, Chucky, Duclair, CBrown, Norris. All of them getting around 50

Norris and not Batherson? I always thought Norris' near ceiling prior was 50 points -ish. If he hits 50 next year im doin backflips.

I say Chucky, Chabot crack 50 and Duclair, Batherson, CBrown come close. This is pending we dont add anyone else to the roster.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
We're going to hit the floor with no issues just resigning our RFAs.

He would have taken our 3M and left in a year and we'd have one less prospect to show for it. Might as well just wait and seen what Ennis-type guys can't find at date at the end of Free Agency.

Monetary factors are of secondary concern. I think we could have gotten him for Tierney, and a pick. Factoring in Johansson’s age, (Tierney is 3 years younger) his production, (He’s trending/at Tierney’s level) and that Minny really wanted a younger centre. They got one, but could have gotten a younger one with similar production.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Norris and not Batherson? I always thought Norris' near ceiling prior was 50 points -ish. If he hits 50 next year im doin backflips.

I say Chucky, Chabot crack 50 and Duclair, Batherson, CBrown come close. This is pending we dont add anyone else to the roster.
I think Batherson is gonna get eased into the NHL in the middle six with about 35 points. where as I think Norris will play on the top line due to the lack of top 6 centers.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sweatered would probably do it as well so ...

So........ is that supposed to be an insult? Are we still doing that ? I’m comfy with my position on White’s contract.

It’s Okay ... I don’t take it personal. I know it’s hard for you to accept. Let’s hope he has a good year and we can celebrate some neutral value together.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK201

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Curious if anyone would make this deal:

To Ottawa: Matt Dumba, Jordan Greenway
To Minnesota: Colin White, Christian Wolanin, NYI 1st

Ottawa gets the best player in the deal. Minnesota gets the potential with Wolanin + the 1st. Greenway for White is a change of scenery, but Minnesota takes on more risk.

I would make this deal reeeeeeeal quickly.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Legit perfect bridge number 1 C. That was perfect opportunity for us to make a ridiculously savvy move that would impact our roster next year AND help supplant the young guys tremendously; especially if we drafted Byfield; someone who's game I see so much similarities to.

Failed opportunity.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Legit perfect bridge number 1 C. That was perfect opportunity for us to make a ridiculously savvy move that would impact our roster next year AND help supplant the young guys tremendously; especially if we drafted Byfield; someone who's game I see so much similarities to.

Failed opportunity.

Who would you have given up for him?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Fully agree, its scary how much I agree haha but its the old school nhl mentality where you need veterans/nhl experience for when the going gets tough and lets face it if we are rolling into the year with the defence we have now it will be tough 10 seconds into game 1 lmfao

I see drake/balcers/chlapik/zub and wolanin making the jump so to say and maybe one of brown or norris in a scenario where they come in and dominate camp

even then i see us signing vets to eat up ice time for that 'veteran presence' for when the going gets tough which will steal playing time from our young guys/other prospects. I understand the going gets tough aspect but i rather spend 5 million on 1 semi decent player then 5 million on 5 lottery tickets like we are going to do lol

Yeah, even in the "new NHL" you will need experience and vets at some point. But we're not there yet. We need to contend for the playoffs first, then make the playoffs every year and become a more serious contender every year. By then, guys like Chabot, Tkachuk, Norris, #3 and #5, etc will have more experience and will be the "vets". Hopefully they'll have that opportunity while they are still young and in their prime. That's why you have to compete sooner than later. Don't wait that Chabot is 28 years old (he will still be good at that age if no major injuries)

Regarding the defense, a lot of things can still change before puck drop. Chabot, Wolanin and Zub are 3 solid pieces that I am counting on (assuming Zub isn't home sick and can adapt to NA and assuming Wolanin can get back to the level he was). Zaitsev could be fine if you don't ask too much of him, which doesn't seem to be a sure thing considering DJ's love for him. There's also Jaros and Lajoie who can play 3rd pairing.

Then what happens? Do we pick a D-man at #5? Would Drysdale or Sanderson be ready right way? Probably not so I'm not counting on that. Will Brannstrom be ready to fully make the jump? JBD and Thomson look like they won't graduate right away. They might want to acquire at least 1 D-man. The hope would be that they make a quantity package for quality.

This is what the roster will look like at the beginning (unless they sign vets). I'm assuming Batherson is fully ready and never looks back. I'm assuming one of Brown or Norris grabs the opportunity. Also assuming the 3rd OA pick makes the team as it seems to have been Dorion's intent since they secured that pick. Keep in mind, we're not competing for the cup and keep in mind there's no real 1st/2nd/3rd lines. At forward, Tkachuk, Duclair, Ryan, Brown, Tierney, White, Paul, Anisimov have NHL experience so they have to do their job and help out the younger guys. At D, also several guys with experience.

Tkachuk-3rd OA-Batherson
Duclair-Brown/Norris-Ryan
Brown-Tierney-White
Paul-Chlapik-Balcers
Hawryluk/Anisimov

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Reilly-Jaros
Lajoie

Nilsson/Hogberg

As you can see there's already a LOGJAM brooming, so in theory, we don't need to sign any vets. Guys like Abramov, Formenton, Brown/Norris (the one who didn't make the team), Davidsson and Brannstrom will want/need opportunities to show what they got. Injuries happen but there's a lot of guys that will need auditions. If you sign 2-3 vets, you are BLOCKING the chance to realize your main objective. Like I said, we have to find out what we have in many of these prospects. Many of them are not juniors freshly drafted, they are pro vets now.

Don't forget that outside of the guys I mentionned, there's also the #5 oa pick, the other 1st round pick, the 4 second round picks, JBD, Thomson, Pinto, etc that will still be in the pool and some of them will progress to knock at the door soon so again, comitting to "vets" would be blocking the way. As I have been saying several times in the past, there's a massive logjam coming up.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My hope is that he is waiting on Tampa.

They have the pieces that best fit.
And Stevie Y isn't there to string him along while he makes a deal with someone else.

Tampa is entering serious Cap Hell.
T0eCkD.jpg

I will be very pleasantly surprised if the Sens take on much salary even if the value is excellent.
Get to the cap floor.. Resign Hainsey maybe add a cheap vet forward .. graduate Norris , Formenton, Batherson full time. Fill in the AHL , ECHL rosters are my expectations. They are low I admit that.

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
My hope is that he is waiting on Tampa.

They have the pieces that best fit.

They certainly have pieces that give us a great fit, I’m not sure we have the pieces that are a great fit for them though. I’m sure we can make a fine trade value wise but as a contender I’m not sure we have what they would want. I’d love to see asking price on Cirelli though

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Tkachuk-3rd OA-Batherson
Duclair-Brown/Norris-Ryan
Brown-Tierney-White
Paul-Chlapik-Balcers
Hawryluk/Anisimov

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Reilly-Jaros
Lajoie

Nilsson/Hogberg

I do agree with a lot of your points but am just quoting your lineup because it was a long post. First off I dont see Norris/Brown making the team unless they impress the hell out of the team in camp. Then I can also see us trading tierney if he wants his contract based off his production instead of his play.

Some of those log jams only happen if we resign some of our RFA's and just eyeballing the lineup listed above we will be a decent amount below the cap floor. Just based off that we will need to make a move somewhere.

Every year we end up signing players the coaches like to be the coaches favorite. Im just hoping we sign/trade for 1 or 2 guys with actual skill instead of a few lottery tickets

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Failed opportunity.

He would have retired rather than play here, that’s assuming we were not on his no trade list.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
And Stevie Y isn't there to string him along while he makes a deal with someone else.

Tampa is entering serious Cap Hell.
T0eCkD.jpg

I will be very pleasantly surprised if the Sens take on much salary even if the value is excellent.
Get to the cap floor.. Resign Hainsey maybe add a cheap vet forward .. graduate Norris , Formenton, Batherson full time. Fill in the AHL , ECHL rosters are my expectations. They are low I admit that.
We really need to target their RFAs as so many of their older guys have NMC/NTC's and won't leave tampa.

Sergachev, Cirelli, Cernak and Joseph are guys I'd personally target. Those guys should make at least 13-15M combined, which Tampa can't even begin to think about.

Cernak is the one we should offer sheet for our 2021 2nd. We have two other 2nds and we could offer him 5 year 4.3M deal. Perfect defensive partner to grow with Chabot. Fun fact, he's Jaros' cousin.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad