Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Ok so the Ott 5 + Isles + second round for the 7 oa and maybe 10oa I do it if the Isles don’t loose his play in

Exactly. New Jersey would get to move up slightly and the second rounder would be for the difference between the NYI and ARI picks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope the Sens do make a few trades at the draft, I just hope they don't trade away a couple of their high picks for them. I would much rather have them trade a number of players/prospects that maybe are not in Ottawa's future plans for picks. NJ seems to also be in a pretty good position at this draft, not sure they would want to move any of their picks either, they should end up with three good players too in the 1st rd. But I would love to add NJ's 1oth & 17th pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Worst case hope it appeals to a free agent C

Who is the best UFA C this offseason? The names I see are Haula, Spezza and Brassard. Doesn't inspire confidence...

In a dream world where management tries to go the offer sheet route, there are players to try and pry away from cap strapped teams like Barzal, Cirelli and Dubois, but we know that won't happen.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hope the Sens do make a few trades at the draft, I just hope they don't trade away a couple of their high picks for them. I would much rather have them trade a number of players/prospects that maybe are not in Ottawa's future plans for picks. NJ seems to also be in a pretty good position at this draft, not sure they would want to move any of their picks either, they should end up with three good players too in the 1st rd. But I would love to add NJ's 1oth & 17th pick.
I find it hard to imagine that dorion actually picks 7 players in the first two round

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Id do that 100 percent. Given how the Panthers and Islanders looked in exhibition i cant see the sens pick ending up anywhere but 21 or later.
Assuming the NYI don't lose their play in but also don't make the ECF, their pick could still move up if any of CHI, MTL, ARZ, MIN, NYR, WPG, CLB, NSH, CGY, VAN, TOR or EDM make the conference finals.

I think the odds are better that the pick improves a little than it gets worse.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
5, 21, and 46 for 7 and 10 if things stay the same. I have a feeling the NYI pick will end up closer to 15/16.

If I was drafting in this scenario I would end up with one of Byfield or Stutzle at 3, then Sanderson at 7 & Askarov or Lundell at 10. Without doing this deal I would still take Byfield or Stutzle at 3, & either Sanderson or Lundell at 5 & keep my two other picks. I'd probably grab Guhle at #21 to replace Sanderson, if I didn't get him earlier.

- Byfield C, Sanderson LD & Askarov G
- Stutzle LW, Sanderson LD & Lundell C

I don't really see the need for Ottawa to do this unless we wanted Askarov really badly which I could understand, but most here don't want to draft a goalie in the 1st rd. I could see a lot of people on here doing this to acquire more of the "other top 10 players" though.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I find it hard to imagine that dorion actually picks 7 players in the first two round

I've posted about this a lot in the trade thread but I think Dorion will be looking to make some big acquisitions. If we used all our picks in this draft we'd have an incredibly deep pool but wouldn't be competitive for another 2/3 years. You add in the fact that it was rumoured Dorion was one of the GMs who wasn't happy about a June draft with no player trades, I think he's got something cooking. We just have to hope he targets the right players.

IMO, the Sens should for sure keep at least two first rounders and 2 second rounders this draft. Anything outside of that I would be open to trading for the right deal.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, it's much more likely they have a plan in place to do something to create a little splash at the least, especially in Montreal where PD & his dad used to work. I just hope he doesn't give the farm away, he's made a few good trades, but that Stone trade still irks me the wrong way.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I've posted about this a lot in the trade thread but I think Dorion will be looking to make some big acquisitions. If we used all our picks in this draft we'd have an incredibly deep pool but wouldn't be competitive for another 2/3 years. You add in the fact that it was rumoured Dorion was one of the GMs who wasn't happy about a June draft with no player trades, I think he's got something cooking. We just have to hope he targets the right players.

IMO, the Sens should for sure keep at least two first rounders and 2 second rounders this draft. Anything outside of that I would be open to trading for the right deal.
Haven’t heard that rumour. Interesting.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
If I was drafting in this scenario I would end up with one of Byfield or Stutzle at 3, then Sanderson at 7 & Askarov or Lundell at 10. Without doing this deal I would still take Byfield or Stutzle at 3, & either Sanderson or Lundell at 5 & keep my two other picks. I'd probably grab Guhle at #21 to replace Sanderson, if I didn't get him earlier.

- Byfield C, Sanderson LD & Askarov G
- Stutzle LW, Sanderson LD & Lundell C

I don't really see the need for Ottawa to do this unless we wanted Askarov really badly which I could understand, but most here don't want to draft a goalie in the 1st rd. I could see a lot of people on here doing this to acquire more of the "other top 10 players" though.

I don't see why you'd need to take Sanderson in this case. With three top-ten picks the Sens could grab 3 very good players, especially if a player like Raymond drops. I'd personally be fine with using one of the picks on Askarov but I understand why others are hesitant. Goalies can be so tricky to draft but if you watch Askarov he looks like he's going to be very good. The Panthers took Knight 13th last year and Askarov is arguably the better goalie, taking him top ten isn't completely out there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't see why you'd need to take Sanderson in this case. With three top-ten picks the Sens could grab 3 very good players, especially if a player like Raymond drops. I'd personally be fine with using one of the picks on Askarov but I understand why others are hesitant. Goalies can be so tricky to draft but if you watch Askarov he looks like he's going to be very good. The Panthers took Knight 13th last year and Askarov is arguably the better goalie, taking him top ten isn't completely out there.
I guess it comes down to who you think would help the Sens more, I happen to think that Sanderson would help make Ottawa a better overall team, more so than Raymond. Of course, I could be wrong, my wife thinks I'm wrong about everything completely unrelated to hockey. lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agree we can trade, just leave 3, 5 and NYI alone. Get another for player, prospect and picks below 33.

I favour trading some other picks and players to improve the #3, #5 and NYI picks. The team needs top first line talent, top 5 draft picks, not lower level talent.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed, it's much more likely they have a plan in place to do something to create a little splash at the least, especially in Montreal where PD & his dad used to work. I just hope he doesn't give the farm away, he's made a few good trades, but that Stone trade still irks me the wrong way.
The Duchene acquisition was terrible asset management. We would have been so much better off keeping our pick and moving Turris at the TDL for what very likely would have been a 1st or taking what Nashville gave Colorado for him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Duchene acquisition was terrible asset management. We would have been so much better off keeping our pick and moving Turris at the TDL for what very likely would have been a 1st or taking what Nashville gave Colorado for him.
Sucks looking back and realizing the Avs got more for Turris than we did for Stone. We could have made out like bandits, but doubled down on bad on that one.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Yes but we also had to take that last stab with Karlsson on the cheap.

It turned out to be a disaster but it was worth the shot.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Take it with a grain of salt because I can't 100% remember the source. I thought I heard it around June when they were discussing the possibility, maybe in a Friedman article?

Friedman also said people don't see Melnyk spending any money so don't count on it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes but we also had to take that last stab with Karlsson on the cheap.

It turned out to be a disaster but it was worth the shot.
its a factor; so was Karlsson's health, and the quality of the rest of the team post 2017 run... Overall I maintain not a good decision and could have been that much further along on what we are trying and decided to try within a couple of months of making the move. But I see your point just a bit nostalgic.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA