Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's true, but.....

What's worth more, first overall, or 3 picks in the top 10? Especially in a draft like this one. Laf is special...but in a league where depth wins, getting (possibly) 3 core pieces in one shot is incredibly tempting.
How are we getting 3 top 10 picks though, and if so wouldn't we also rather keep them?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's true, but.....

What's worth more, first overall, or 3 picks in the top 10? Especially in a draft like this one. Laf is special...but in a league where depth wins, getting (possibly) 3 core pieces in one shot is incredibly tempting.

I would take 3 top ten 2020 players over Laf and probably two depending what picks.

A Byfield + Raymond would be a no brainer for me over Laf. I would probably only consider a 2for1 type trade if it involved 6-8 type picks (worst outcome of lottery).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Duclair and White both have left the game.

If they are hurt long term, I wonder if we trade for another depth forward. We can still acquire players after the trade deadline, the only issue is, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs if we make it in.
nice

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Krieder is soon to be 29 and was given a 7 year deal. Panarin is 28 and Zibby soon to be 27. Those are your 3 key guys combined with Trouba that's their core going forward. None of those guys are going to get any better than the are now. Playoff team yes but not a cup contender.
There prospect pool is really, really good.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, obviously my thinking that we need NHL talent more than picks considering:

- How many picks we already have
- How bad this team is
- How thin we are on legit NHL talent

Is on the same level as thinking that a 20 year old who has outperformed expectations and is carrying the team is a disappointment (and no good with the puck)

Exact same thing.
We do need more NHL talent you are correct. That’s why you move an average player for high picks in the hope of upgrading your talent.

Reactions: ijif

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Now with all ours picks, wich player you have in your head to trade this summer ?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How are we getting 3 top 10 picks though, and if so wouldn't we also rather keep them?

Well, we're trending to have two in the top 10 right now...if the Isles falter over the rest of the season it's possible that pick could be as high as 10th.

Personally, I wouldn't trade three firsts for first overall (unless the three first are in the 25-31 range, and we know that won't happen), but the scenario of moving three high firsts for that first overall is possible.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Well, we're trending to have two in the top 10 right now...if the Isles falter over the rest of the season it's possible that pick could be as high as 10th.

Personally, I wouldn't trade three firsts for first overall (unless the three first are in the 25-31 range, and we know that won't happen), but the scenario of moving three high firsts for that first overall is possible.
Me I do but I doubt a gm trade first overall

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Ennis bothers me though. Cheap player having a great year. Arguably his best season in a while. Seemed to fit in well with the team. Brought some skill to a line up that is desperately lacking in that department. And all the team got was a 5th? Just keep the damn player and try to sign him to a 2 year deal in the summer.

You want my honest opinion? You are over reacting a little. Ennis is a very replaceable player and although he played well, he really is not an impact player that will drive a line.

He is an excellent complimentary player who will provide good offensive depth for a team already built to win, like the Oilers. The Senators are trying to build an identity right now and truth be told, I am not upset that it will not be built around players like Ennis or Namestnikov, and I am not trying to put those players down just simply stating that they are not my type of players going forward

Reactions: Sweatred

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Canucks and Markstrom don t seem in the same page with his contract. Would be a good target

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I hope Dorion looks to capitalize on some teams with a cap crunch and an expansion problem with some of our expansion protected assets.

Ideally we pick a controlled top 3C /D off a team to replace Pager / Demelo and play up in our lineup and support next years kids.

Players like Ennis and Names will be available during the summer. Those guys are valuable at $1-1.5.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Isles are currently 9th in pts, and 10 pts up on the 10th last team with a game in hand. It would take an incredible collapse for the 12 teams between them and 10th last to all pass them. I think the best you can hope for with the pick is that the Isles miss the playoffs and either don't win the lottery, or do win the lottery while bottoming out next year and handing us a high pick; in fact, I'd say that's the only realistic way we get a top 10 pick from them. Also, their worst 10 game split over the last two seasons saw them go 4-5-1. Their worst 10 game stretch saw them garner 9 points. That's the only 10 game split where they've been below .500 in the past 143 games. Stranger things have happened, but it would take a legendary collapse from a team that has been incredibly consistent over the past two years.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Wonder if we could steal Nylander at the draft since the Leafs are in cap hell

It would take an asset that we wouldn’t want to lose ... Pinto and a 1st/2nd ? Maybe more ? If we draft some C’s it would be nice to have some skill to break them into the lineup.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It would take an asset that we wouldn’t want to lose ... Pinto and a 1st/2nd ? Maybe more ? If we draft some C’s it would be nice to have some skill to break them into the lineup.

Pinto and NYI 1st rounder. I'd do this.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That is a good contract. It’s the Tavares contract that really hurts. 11M for 2nd line centre.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I hope Dorion looks to capitalize on some teams with a cap crunch and an expansion problem with some of our expansion protected assets.

Ideally we pick a controlled top 3C /D off a team to replace Pager / Demelo and play up in our lineup and support next years kids.

Players like Ennis and Names will be available during the summer. Those guys are valuable at $1-1.5.

What would be our expansion list of must protect?

It would really depend on that imo

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I'd be wary of all the Toronto kids. They have inflated stats from playing they way they do and with those linemates. Willie is a skilled player, no doubt...but he won't duplicate his Toronto statline here. we'd be paying "Toronto statline" prices for him, and that is scary....

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
What fear me the most, it s we can have a agreement with Dzingle, Stone, Pageau all with Newport sport agent the same that have Tkachuk. So bye bye Brady

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Unlikely but would be a great add. I think we’d have a better chance taking a run at Kapanen, which would also interest me.

A future third line of Formenton-xxx-Kapanen would be insane.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Unlikely but would be a great add. I think we’d have a better chance taking a run at Kapanen, which would also interest me.

A future third line of Formenton-xxx-Kapanen would be insane.

I don't know if we have what it takes to get Kapanen. Maybe a 3-way trade...

We give two 2nds and Tierney
Toronto gives Kapanen + 2nd
Minnesota gives Brodin

We get Kapanen
Toronto gets Brodin
Minnesota gets Tierney, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd

I dunno. Major spitball. I don't think we have the assets that entice Toronto to move Kapanen, though. Minnesota probably wouldn't be happy with that return. Maybe if White turns it around the next 20 games there could be something there.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad