Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Tierney probably won't do 2 years because he can go to arbitration, get a 1 year deal, and walk to free agency. His qualifying offer is about 3 million.

The way to do what you're suggesting would be to sign him to a 3 year deal, because that's probably the minimum he'd take in term, and then retain half. We could maybe get him around high 3's, low 4's depending on how aggressive he is about his next contract.

I don't think it's possible for the Sens to replicate what SJS/NJD pulled off. It requires a player to be signed to a low cap hit and then play well above their previous level. It also requires their to be a team with as restrictive of a cap situation as Tampa Bay felt they had going into 2021.

I don't see why Tierney signs a 3 year, high 3s low 4s type deal. He's a 3C, one of the better offensive ones. I'd sign him in a heartbeat to that, but i just can't see him doing that

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What NHL player/prospect would you like to see Ottawa pick up using one of those 13 draft picks before/at the draft?

In my perfect scenario they keep all 3 1sts to exorcise the demons of the 2011 draft. Hell, package a 2nd with something to get another first if you can, get wild. I’d also like to see them take a shot at a high ceiling reclamation project like Puljujarvi, hopefully for a 2nd+?

My scenario is pretty close to yours...

- Move 2 of our 3 "extra" 2nds (DAL, CLB, NYI) for a 1st round pick in 20's.
- Trade the leftover 2nd (+) for Jesse Puljujarvi
- Trade a mid round (3rd/4th/5th) for a reclamation project on D (Honka?)
- End up with 5 picks in the top-33 (two in the top-10)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Duclair and White both have left the game.

If they are hurt long term, I wonder if we trade for another depth forward. We can still acquire players after the trade deadline, the only issue is, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs if we make it in.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I’m doubtful, it’s as far out there as that guy who hates on Brady in here.

Yes, obviously my thinking that we need NHL talent more than picks considering:

- How many picks we already have
- How bad this team is
- How thin we are on legit NHL talent

Is on the same level as thinking that a 20 year old who has outperformed expectations and is carrying the team is a disappointment (and no good with the puck)

Exact same thing.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Listening to some talk about the draft they seem to be suggesting that from around picks 20 thru 60 there are a lot of potential really good players available. If so, how much benefit is there in packaging two 2nds for a 1st if there is not a lot of tiering in that range? I was hoping we would actually use all those 2nds and trade them as they develop and we have too many prospects. But it also sounds like Dorion is suggesting rather than package to move up, he may trade them for actual bodies that can help immediately like Conan o'Brown. I cant decide if i like that or not

Reactions: NB613

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Duclair and White both have left the game.

If they are hurt long term, I wonder if we trade for another depth forward. We can still acquire players after the trade deadline, the only issue is, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs if we make it in.
I don't know man, that restriction makes me feel like it wouldn't be worth it.

Reactions: SABUMANIA

kife

Dec 18, 2011
My scenario is pretty close to yours...

- Move 2 of our 3 "extra" 2nds (DAL, CLB, NYI) for a 1st round pick in 20's.
- Trade the leftover 2nd (+) for Jesse Puljujarvi
- Trade a mid round (3rd/4th/5th) for a reclamation project on D (Honka?)
- End up with 5 picks in the top-33 (two in the top-10)
I wish we'd stop with the Puljujarvi talk. I would never want him on this team. The guy is dumb as a brick, does not have a great attitude and it is well documented his unwillingness to learn. Entirely overrated.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I can see Ottawa going after a goalie this off season... Matt Murray makes sense... or ottawa can bring back Robin Lehner... they’ll have to trade away Nilsson which shouldn’t be a problem if either occurs.
Ottawa isn’t going to be using all 13 of those selections at the draft so why not turn those picks and an abondance of prospects into a established player or two... Sean Monahan if Calgary can’t make the playoffs?
Ottawa can also use a youngish RD that could use a change of scenery.... Rasmus Ristolainen comes to mind immediately or ottawa can always overpay for Alex Pietrangelo in free agency...
Not saying that ottawa will get all these guys however you need some older guys to play alongside the young kids. Tyler Toffoli makes sense in free agency.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wish we'd stop with the Puljujarvi talk. I would never want him on this team. The guy is dumb as a brick, does not have a great attitude and it is well documented his unwillingness to learn. Entirely overrated.

Yes, Poolparty makes me nervous also, for all the reasons you outline. I wouldn't want to spend significant assets to acquire him. I'm feeling Filatov 2.0 with him...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I can see Ottawa going after a goalie this off season... Matt Murray makes sense... or ottawa can bring back Robin Lehner... they’ll have to trade away Nilsson which shouldn’t be a problem if either occurs.
Ottawa isn’t going to be using all 13 of those selections at the draft so why not turn those picks and an abondance of prospects into a established player or two... Sean Monahan if Calgary can’t make the playoffs?
Ottawa can also use a youngish RD that could use a change of scenery.... Rasmus Ristolainen comes to mind immediately or ottawa can always overpay for Alex Pietrangelo in free agency...
Not saying that ottawa will get all these guys however you need some older guys to play alongside the young kids. Tyler Toffoli makes sense in free agency.

I have a feeling that Ottawa drafts 1st this year.

Even if they lose the lottery.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I have a feeling that Ottawa drafts 1st this year.

Even if they lose the lottery.
Teams don't trade out of 1st when there is a clear 1st overall pick.

Whoever wins the lottery will be taking Lafrenniere

When is the last time a 1st overall was traded after being owned?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yes, obviously my thinking that we need NHL talent more than picks considering:

- How many picks we already have
- How bad this team is
- How thin we are on legit NHL talent

Is on the same level as thinking that a 20 year old who has outperformed expectations and is carrying the team is a disappointment (and no good with the puck)

Exact same thing.

I'm sort of with you. What bothers me is Dorion said last summer that he was done acquiring more picks because in his own words, "We have enough picks."

This team needs players. You're not going to develop a single goddam prospect if the veteran players you have are Tierney, Boro and Hainsey.

I'm not complaining about the JGP trade. This is the highest his trade value will ever be in his career, and I don't think any of us expected the Sens to sign him for 6 years.

Namestnikov trade. Fine. Saves Eugene around $820K. I think that's a primary reason he was traded.

Ennis bothers me though. Cheap player having a great year. Arguably his best season in a while. Seemed to fit in well with the team. Brought some skill to a line up that is desperately lacking in that department. And all the team got was a 5th? Just keep the damn player and try to sign him to a 2 year deal in the summer.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sort of with you. What bothers me is Dorion said last summer that he was done acquiring more picks because in his own words, "We have enough picks."

This team needs players. You're not going to develop a single goddam prospect if the veteran players you have are Tierney, Boro and Hainsey.

I'm not complaining about the JGP trade. This is the highest his trade value will ever be in his career, and I don't think any of us expected the Sens to sign him for 6 years.

Namestnikov trade. Fine. Saves Eugene around $820K. I think that's a primary reason he was traded.

Ennis bothers me though. Cheap player having a great year. Arguably his best season in a while. Seemed to fit in well with the team. Brought some skill to a line up that is desperately lacking in that department. And all the team got was a 5th? Just keep the damn player and try to sign him to a 2 year deal in the summer.
These last 20 games don’t really mean anything. If they really want Ennis or somebody similar, it’s not hard to get them in the summer. This team will look vastly different next season with a lot of new vets IMO

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Teams don't trade out of 1st when there is a clear 1st overall pick.

Whoever wins the lottery will be taking Lafrenniere

When is the last time a 1st overall was traded after being owned?

That's true, but.....

What's worth more, first overall, or 3 picks in the top 10? Especially in a draft like this one. Laf is special...but in a league where depth wins, getting (possibly) 3 core pieces in one shot is incredibly tempting.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad