Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Bu
I think Athanasiou have way more value because of his speed. In today NHL team are willing to pay premium price for speed.
But he is one of the worst players in the league defensively. NHL GMs love "safe" players who out up points. Dorion should absolutely be working the phones right now to trade Tierney.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Woah. 7 years for Kreider is way too much.. depend on the salary
A seven year deal for a soon to be 29 year Kreider is a bad deal. But the Rangers were in a tough spot as the optics would be bad if they traded him while being so close to the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Athanasiou return will be interesting because he has a similar contract status to Tierney. Both are top 9 forwards with similar production. Different types of players obviously.

Doesn't seem like we're shopping Tierney, but Athanasiou seems to have set the bar at two 2nds. I think we did the right thing by moving Pageau and presumably holding onto Tierney. We get an additional year to try and pump up Tierney's value too, if he signs a short 2 year deal and goes on to pace at 50 pts maybe we can get a 1st out of him next deadline by retaining some of his cap hit.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Athanasiou return will be interesting because he has a similar contract status to Tierney. Both are top 9 forwards with similar production. Different types of players obviously.

Doesn't seem like we're shopping Tierney, but Athanasiou seems to have set the bar at two 2nds. I think we did the right thing by moving Pageau and presumably holding onto Tierney. We get an additional year to try and pump up Tierney's value too, if he signs a short 2 year deal and goes on to pace at 50 pts maybe we can get a 1st out of him next deadline by retaining some of his cap hit.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What a deadline for Tampa. Giving up 1sts for both Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow.

Madness.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What a deadline for Tampa. Giving up 1sts for both Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow.

Madness.

Plus a prospect in Foote, that I don't think much of, but Tampa probably viewed still very highly, given they just used a 1st on him not even a year ago.

Awful decision making there, even if Coleman and Goodrow are signed into next season for peanuts.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What a disaster of a TDL: downgraded the pick we used to get Namestnikov, got a 5th for Ennis and ensured our continual sucking by trading away Pageau for picks which we do not need.

We have so many picks we will likely end up having to trade promising prospects for pennies on the dollars because we'll have too many.

Our transition into farm team of the 30 other teams is now complete

Reactions: The Big Ruszkowski

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Lol at some of the returns people were hoping for. Where the f*** did they get some of these ideas? Ennis and Namestnikov are not much above replacement level NHL players, they only played sifnificant roles for the Sens because we're a near-last place team just needed NHL bodies.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Underwhelming returns on a few of the assets, but he got excellent value on the one that mattered most (and I didn't even want to trade Pageau).

I'm happy with the outcome.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
We should've tried to get Milano on the cheap could give him lots of playing time next year.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What a disaster of a TDL: downgraded the pick we used to get Namestnikov, got a 5th for Ennis and ensured our continual sucking by trading away Pageau for picks which we do not need.

We have so many picks we will likely end up having to trade promising prospects for pennies on the dollars because we'll have too many.

Our transition into farm team of the 30 other teams is now complete
I do agree that picks and prospects can be potentially poorly mismanaged.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Happy, now we have to do the second part; turn all of those picks into NHL players.

I guess we can say that the tear down is finally complete. Andy will walk off into the sunset after this season, and Boro will probably stick around for a few years on the bottom pairing if he isn’t asking for too much, but this is completely Brady and Thomas’ team now.

Let’s hope this new era treats us all to some extended playoff success (eventually)!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I do agree that picks and prospects can be potentially poorly mismanaged.

The thing about picks is you can do everything right and still lose.

The team got a lot worse again and all we got are some picks we hope end up as good as Pageau.

The return was solid and yet it does nothing for us.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Am I getting this right? The Leafs did not add any quality defenseman to shore up their blue line?

Seems to me they may be the biggest losers at the deadline. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad