Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Probably not, but shop him hard, if someone offers something of value, then you bite. If not, sign him to a 1-2 year contract and rinse/repeat in a year or two for the next NHL boxing day deal.

He won't go 2 years because 1 year takes him right to UFA status.

Right after I posted that, I saw Kreider has re-signed. This might be a great opportunity to trade Tierney. He's in no way comparable to Kreider, but if teams are left in the cold after losing out on Kreider, maybe we can take advantage by offering up Tierney.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Kreider getting re-signed.

The market for Ennis should heat up then lol.

I wonder if Kreider re-signing was known by GMs earlier than it came out.

Namestnikov was apparently one of COLs backup plans. Lou paid up for Pageau. Seems like Kreider re-signing might have been a domino that fell leading to all the early activity this morning.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Right after I posted that, I saw Kreider has re-signed. This might be a great opportunity to trade Tierney. He's in no way comparable to Kreider, but if teams are left in the cold after losing out on Kreider, maybe we can take advantage by offering up Tierney.
Kreider 7 years extension

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

I see your point. I know it's a deep draft, but the teams going to have a set of guys they want and at some point they're not going to like who's left on the board.

Better off giving Tierney top 6 minutes again next year and trying to get a top 60 pick in 2022-2023 then forcing a 60-120ish pick now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Too bad about Pageau, he is one of those home grown guys that has always played so much bigger than he was & played at both ends of the ice, he's a guy most here I think will miss me included. Having said that though, I don't think PD could have passed on a 1st & 2nd for Pageau & had to make the move rather than over pay in salary or term. Would have liked to see a 1st & Bellows returned, but I imagine the Islanders wanted to hold on to him.

Under Trotz the NYI are a very good defensive team already & when they add Pageau they could potentially lead the league in the least amount of goals against. This will be huge in the playoffs when everyone tighten up defensively & goals could be hard to come by.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
-COL off the goalie market. They got Hutchinson from Toronto.

-Athanasious going to CBJ. He's a top 9 RFA, his return might be a good comparable for Tierney if we choose to move him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Too bad about Pageau, he is one of those home grown guys that has always played so much bigger than he was & played at both ends of the ice, he's a guy most here I think will miss me included. Having said that though, I don't think PD could have passed on a 1st & 2nd for Pageau & had to make the move him rather than over paid in salary or term. Would have liked to see a 1st & Bellows returned, but I imagine the Islanders wanted to hold on to him.

Under Trotz the NYI are a very good defensive team already & when they add Pageau they could potentially lead the league in the least amount of goals against. This will be huge in the playoffs when everyone tighten up defensively & goals could be hard to come by.
Playoffs ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok, so here's our haul from the deadline so far:
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th,

T.Ennis might bring back another 4th, and that's probably all she wrote as I don't think Hainsey or Boro will be on the move.

Not a bad job, would have likely more for Names and DeMelo, but not really a big deal in the scheme of things.

We now have 9 picks in the first 93 picks. To put that into perspective, if we were picking from last year's draft, we could have come away with:

3rd OA: Dach/Byram
5th OA: Turcotte/Sieder/Cozens
23rd OA: McMichael/Tomasino/Suzuki
34th OA: Brink/Tuomisto/Lavoie
46th OA: Struble/Helleson
54th OA: Mastrosimone
55th OA: Hamaliuk/Leason/Alexandrov
65th OA: Grewe/Honka
74th OA: Dorofeyev/Honka

That would have been a nuts draft...

Reactions: ijif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What would you do if dorion flipped a second for a namestnikov type player so that we can ice a squad tonight

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Simmons heading to Buffalo is going to make that team a lot tougher & harder to play against.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
he must have been talking about ennis all day... I would be surprised if hes going back and forth with teams over a fourth round pick

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The Athanasiou return will be interesting because he has a similar contract status to Tierney. Both are top 9 forwards with similar production. Different types of players obviously.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If Oilers are out has Pierre lost his 4th round pick for Ennis.

Maybe Dorion is saving Ennis for the 2:59 cliff hanger. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad