Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Are they still trying to sell you on Petan? Maybe Appleton if we're really lucky.
update, theyve TRIPLE DOWNED.... vesalainen for rental like Mark Stone?????? you must be off your rocker lmao. to their defence they still say " stone is one of the best wingers in the game..BUT" thats HF for you tho. like yes hes great... but vesalainen isnt as great and is younger and i spent two years post draft hyping him up and now i dont want to let him go

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
update, theyve TRIPLE DOWNED.... vesalainen for rental like Mark Stone?????? you must be off your rocker lmao. to their defence they still say " stone is one of the best wingers in the game..BUT" thats HF for you tho. like yes hes great... but vesalainen isnt as great and is younger and i spent two years post draft hyping him up and now i dont want to let him go

There window is closing ... Vesalainen prob won’t even help them after they recycle to good again.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lemieux is a definite no-go.
peopel say stuff like "man we dont want to ive up assets for your 27 year old..." like maybe we sens fans dont want to give up our 27 year old for your shitty ass asset lmao.. people attach the word "asset" to something and BAM its got sky high value. this player is no longer a 20 year old hockey player who is struggling and wont amount to a star, hes now an "asset" and all the imaginary value that that word brings with it. like youre not asking for Vesalainen, your asking for one of our assets, and that word carries serious weight here

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
What if he doesn't want to re-sign here? We can't lose him for nothing.

If he is not signed before the deadline, then he has to go, unfortunately. Definitely cannot risk trying to sign him between March and June and then lose him for nothing if a deal is not reached.

I would not be disappointed though if he is signed.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sens had two scouts at the Blackhawks/Jets game (there was 24 in total so really not that interesting), but I’ve wondered.

Would Chicago be interested in Pageau + Boro/DeMelo?

They’ve got De Haan, Seabrook and Shaw out for the year (Shaw might come back but let’s be real). I could see them be willing to deal a protected 1st+. Their window is almost closed.
seems to risky on their end. If they miss the playoffs and the pick turns into a 2021 1st rounder that is probably too risky for them for players like pageau and boro

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What would an extended Demelo cost? And how much do you think he would re-sign for, around 3 years term.

2nd+
Probably in the ~$3 million range
Still think he's the one UFA the team should keep, but maybe they end up prioritizing Boro.

Reactions: DrEasy

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
2nd+
Probably in the ~$3 million range
Still think he's the one UFA the team should keep, but maybe they end up prioritizing Boro.

Extended Demelo for a 2nd? I mean the add would need to be significant to the point where that 2nd round pick is not the main asset in the deal. He's our 2nd best D by a mile, no way we should deal him and no way we extend Boro instead IMO.

Even Smith saying he is one of the most underrated defesemen in the league.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Extended Demelo for a 2nd? I mean the add would need to be significant to the point where that 2nd round pick is not the main asset in the deal. He's our 2nd best D by a mile, no way we should deal him and no way we extend Boro instead IMO.

Even Smith saying he is one of the most underrated defesemen in the league.

I don't think anyone is parting with a 1st for Demelo (extended or not) so I guess I defaulted to 2nd+, maybe an extended DD gets the Dzingle type return.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's brough back on 2/3 year deal, it's what I'd try to do in PD's shoes. I'm not gonna hold my breath given the issues this team has had retaining UFA's the last few years, and the clear want/need to go with cheap youth in the lineup. If DJS is on his side it can only be good news about his future with the team though.

Reactions: DrEasy

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What would an extended Demelo cost? And how much do you think he would re-sign for, around 3 years term.

The market for fringe top 4 defenders seems to be in the high 3 - low 4 million range over 3 or so years.

Although, I wonder if contract offers for Demelo won't be as strong because he is playing on the Senators. Maybe teams will think he has been enabled to play a role beyond what he should be playing based on the weakness of our roster. His advanced stats are really good though, and he has looked decent. It's just that his play in Ottawa has been completely elevated compared to in San Jose, and I wonder if that will make teams cautious.

I would think most teams interested in signing him as a UFA would want to test drive him down the stretch, or view how he plays on a playoff team.

I'd love to get a 2nd for him, but I think a 3rd is more realistic. If an extension is baked into the deal, maybe a 2nd is appropriate. If he does attract a 2nd, it might be because his 900k cap hit will inflate his value to a specific team who need help on defense, but cannot fit anybody else in. Demelo will by far be the best defender available who has a replacement level cap hit. (Meaning, in most cases teams don't have to do anything to fit him in other than sending down a roster player to gain back the cap space needed to add Demelo.)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
2nd seem fair for demelo. Sens rather sign him I think but it depends on if he wants to stay.

His low salary is attractive to good teams I think

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
2nd is probably more than what Demelo should return. I'd rather go after some recently drafted D who can play in Belleville now or next year than picks.

Unless we can offload Zaitsev, we shouldn't be re-signing Demelo. I'd guess the difference between Jaros and Demelo in a year or less will be pretty negligible. No sense spending limited resources on a guy who's very replaceable and given a huge war chest of picks and prospects. Get someone cheaper and has more upside.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
2nd is probably more than what Demelo should return. I'd rather go after some recently drafted D who can play in Belleville now or next year than picks.

Unless we can offload Zaitsev, we shouldn't be re-signing Demelo. I'd guess the difference between Jaros and Demelo in a year or less will be pretty negligible. No sense spending limited resources on a guy who's very replaceable and given a huge war chest of picks and prospects. Get someone cheaper and has more upside.
Jaros really hasn’t figured out how to play hockey yet whereas Demelo makes every partner he has had better. There is no internal replacement for Demelo at the moment. I would like to see him signed for 3-4 years, assuming a resonable amount 2.5-3.5. If someone eventually pushes him out it’s easy to trade competent D on good contracts.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There window is closing ... Vesalainen prob won’t even help them after they recycle to good again.

What? If anything, they haven't fully reached their window yet. A bump on the road this year after losing Byfuglien and Myers. The defense is young and lacks experience but will be good eventually. They have a lot to look forward to

Mark Scheifele (26)
Patrik Laine (21)
Kyle Connor (23)
Nikolaj Ehlers (23)
Jack Roslovic (22)
Kristian Vesalainen (20)
Adam Lowry (26)
Jansen Harkins (22)
Nathan Smith (21)

Josh Morrissey (24)
Ville Heinola (18)
Neal Pionk (24)
Sami Niku (23)
Declan Chisholm (20)
Dylan Samberg (20)
Logan Stanley (21)
Connor Hellebuyck (26)

Blake Wheeler (33), Bryan Little (32) and Mathieu Perreault (32) are the only guys of importance that you could consider "old"

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Jaros really hasn’t figured out how to play hockey yet whereas Demelo makes every partner he has had better. There is no internal replacement for Demelo at the moment. I would like to see him signed for 3-4 years, assuming a resonable amount 2.5-3.5. If someone eventually pushes him out it’s easy to trade competent D on good contracts.
If you can sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract at a 2.5-3.5M hit, then by all means go for it but I dunno if that's gonna do it. Holl got 2M on 3 years. Morrissey with RFA years got 6.5M × 8. Spurgeon 7.5M x 8. Rasmus Andersson with RFA years got 4.55M x 6. Even Jake McCabe on a 2 year RFA deal got 2.85.

Even a great contract like Chairot is 3.5M x 3 but he wasn't even really playing a consistent top 4 tole until arriving in Mtl.

Demelo as a #5 is probably worth the numbers you're pushing but if you actually think he's a top 4 guy then he can easily ask for 4-5M on a 4-5 year deal and he should since this is basically the greatest opportunity for him to make his fortune as an UFA.

A very very unlikely scenario would be him taking a 1 year deal at 3.5 - 4.5 if the team was gonna consistently play him with Chabot next year and go for a bigger pay day in the 2021 free agency (bet on yourself).

3.5M cap hit is what a veteran bottom pairing Dman costs in 2020 (or 2019 if you want Hainsey as an example).

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What? If anything, they haven't fully reached their window yet. A bump on the road this year after losing Byfuglien and Myers. The defense is young and lacks experience but will be good eventually. They have a lot to look forward to

Mark Scheifele (26)
Patrik Laine (21)
Kyle Connor (23)
Nikolaj Ehlers (23)
Jack Roslovic (22)
Kristian Vesalainen (20)
Adam Lowry (26)
Jansen Harkins (22)
Nathan Smith (21)

Josh Morrissey (24)
Ville Heinola (18)
Neal Pionk (24)
Sami Niku (23)
Declan Chisholm (20)
Dylan Samberg (20)
Logan Stanley (21)
Connor Hellebuyck (26)

Blake Wheeler (33), Bryan Little (32) and Mathieu Perreault (32) are the only guys of importance that you could consider "old"

They lost Trouba too. They may never see a defense that good for again for decades.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What is the value on Demelo and Hainsey? Reading above, it seems Demelo's value is around a 2nd? Would prospects be more if interest? What positions? Would a young NHLer work for Demelo like a Timashov?

I think Demelo is the exact type of player TOR should be after. So just curious if the appetite is there and what type of package it would entail.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They lost Trouba too. They may never see a defense that good for again for decades.

They lost Byfuglien, Myers and Trouba, but Pionk and Hienola are already starting to fill those holes. They clearly took a step back, but that's in the past.

If you want to argue it's already closed, I get that. They had a crazy group of D.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What is the value on Demelo and Hainsey? Reading above, it seems Demelo's value is around a 2nd? Would prospects be more if interest? What positions? Would a young NHLer work for Demelo like a Timashov?

I think Demelo is the exact type of player TOR should be after. So just curious if the appetite is there and what type of package it would entail.
I’d ask for a Robertson for DeMelo, and would then move on to picks after the Leafs said no. Sens don’t really have a need for any of the Leafs prospects outside of a guy like Robertson, Liljegren or Sandin.

Robertson for DeMelo

~2nd + 3rd-5th for DeMelo

Something around those lines from my perspective. I’m sure the Leafs value Robertson more than their 2nd, but he’s probably the only forward prospect the Sens would (should) want from the Leafs. The Sens are stocked on guys with limited upside in their forward prospect ranks.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
I’d ask for a Robertson for DeMelo, and would then move on to picks after the Leafs said no. Sens don’t really have a need for any of the Leafs prospects outside of a guy like Robertson, Liljegren or Sandin.

Robertson for DeMelo

~2nd + 3rd-5th for DeMelo

Something around those lines from my perspective. I’m sure the Leafs value Robertson more than their 2nd, but he’s probably the only forward prospect the Sens would (should) want from the Leafs. The Sens are stocked on guys with limited upside in their forward prospect ranks.
Yea to help the leafs it’d take an overpayment.
We’ve already given them ceci though, I think we’ve helped them enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad