Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We should be all over Lias Andersson.

I think they'd want one of our decent prospects.

Someone got crapped on in this thread for mentioning Brown for Andersson, but that's exactly the type of trade that would make sense for the Rangers. It's probably why they were apparently looking at Andersson for Puljujarvi.

I would rather us keep Logan Brown. As a bigger player who was always seen as a bit of a high risk/high reward project, I think it's better we stick it out with him for a few seasons. With that said, both players are in a similar spot with their respective teams. Neither are getting (or depending on your opinion earning) an opportunity to play up the lineup. Andersson has it worse than Brown because the Rangers are deeper than the Senators. Brown is older than Andersson as a prospect.

It would be a change of scenery deal with two prospects who will eventually not be able to pass through waivers to be developed in the minors, and who are not moving up the ranks in their respective NHL squads.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think they'd want one of our decent prospects.

Someone got crapped on in this thread for mentioning Brown for Andersson, but that's exactly the type of trade that would make sense for the Rangers. It's probably why they were apparently looking at Andersson for Puljujarvi.

I would rather us keep Logan Brown. As a bigger player who was always seen as a bit of a high risk/high reward project, I think it's better we stick it out with him for a few seasons. With that said, both players are in a similar spot with their respective teams. Neither are getting (or depending on your opinion earning) an opportunity to play up the lineup. Andersson has it worse than Brown because the Rangers are deeper than the Senators. Brown is older than Andersson as a prospect.

It would be a change of scenery deal with two prospects who will eventually not be able to pass through waivers to be developed in the minors, and who are not moving up the ranks in their respective NHL squads.

No way I'm trading Brown for Andersson. He's getting close to bust category, and don't think a change of scenery would do him much good. Brown has shown a lot more than Andersson in the AHL to prove he's the better player.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
No way I'm trading Brown for Andersson. He's getting close to bust category, and don't think a change of scenery would do him much good. Brown has shown a lot more than Andersson in the AHL to prove he's the better player.

couldn’t have said it better myself. Just an example of how most ppl overhype sprospects if they think brown for andersson is the same value...the latter definitely is flirting with bust territory and on top of this that’s demanded a trade after proving nothing. Yikes.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We should not be doing the oilers any favors, especially with their lack of cap. From my understanding even if manning clears they will only get partial relief from his cap hit

I would take manning if they gave us a pick
Eugene doesn’t buy picks, he sells them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lias Andersson is a punk. This is the fool who threw his World Juniors medal into the stands. Now he's demanding a trade because he feels his 9 points in 66 NHL games should have prevented him from being sent down. The last thing anyone should want is this clown on the Sens.
Kyle turris

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Not sure which thread to use for this, but since this is the "trade and rumours" thread I figured here goes:

With Abramov doing so well, the Duchene trade is looking better for sure considering the circumstances of him being a UFA and the limited number of teams that could trade for him but we did end up with 3 good to very good prospects. At this point I would rank them 1. Abramov 2. Thomson 3. Davidsson. With that said, does getting something in return for Duchene, minimize what we gave up for him? I know it sounds apologetic with regards to how bad the original trade to acquire Duchene from Colorado turned out, but we cannot ignore that we gave up and got back something by the time it was all over.

If Byram ends up being the "best" piece we gave up, in order to acquire two solid prospects like Abramov and Lassi Thomson, then it almost makes the original trade pretty meaningless from a depth perspective. We really did not lose anyone of value (unless you consider Bowers a high potential player, which I do not) and ended up gaining two young players that could potentially be here long term.

I guess it would be interesting to compare scenarios where we did not trade for Duchene and compare that to what we have now. Would Turris still be here? Would we have still finished last in the league and drafted 4th? Would the Sens have been high on Byram or would they have picked another player instead?

Either way, I think at this point, the future is looking brighter than it did during the summer, and I think with the way everything is playing out we could very well be looking at a fast-tracked re-build starting next season. There is still a ton of work to do for Dorion though, but it really does seem like there is a plan in place for once and it is not just smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: NB613 and Silencio

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Not sure which thread to use for this, but since this is the "trade and rumours" thread I figured here goes:

With Abramov doing so well, the Duchene trade is looking better for sure considering the circumstances of him being a UFA and the limited number of teams that could trade for him but we did end up with 3 good to very good prospects. At this point I would rank them 1. Abramov 2. Thomson 3. Davidsson. With that said, does getting something in return for Duchene, minimize what we gave up for him? I know it sounds apologetic with regards to how bad the original trade to acquire Duchene from Colorado turned out, but we cannot ignore that we gave up and got back something by the time it was all over.

If Byram ends up being the "best" piece we gave up, in order to acquire two solid prospects like Abramov and Lassi Thomson, then it almost makes the original trade pretty meaningless from a depth perspective. We really did not lose anyone of value (unless you consider Bowers a high potential player, which I do not) and ended up gaining two young players that could potentially be here long term.

I guess it would be interesting to compare scenarios where we did not trade for Duchene and compare that to what we have now. Would Turris still be here? Would we have still finished last in the league and drafted 4th? Would the Sens have been high on Byram or would they have picked another player instead?

Either way, I think at this point, the future is looking brighter than it did during the summer, and I think with the way everything is playing out we could very well be looking at a fast-tracked re-build starting next season. There is still a ton of work to do for Dorion though, but it really does seem like there is a plan in place for once and it is not just smoke and mirrors.

It is kind of funny that, for all the bitching we were doing about giving up our 2019 pick that Ottawa could still end up with two studs from that draft (Thomson and Pinto).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dorion turned Turris (who at the time had the value of Girard, Kamenev, 2nd, obviously), Bowers and a 1st (Byram) into Thomson, Abramov and Davidsson.

How anyone could look at that, even in the most Sens-coloured glasses, and see anything but a massive loss in value is beyond me.

It was a horrible initial trade, made no better by the return we got for Duchene at the deadline.

Reactions: h2owned and NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It is kind of funny that, for all the *****ing we were doing about giving up our 2019 pick that Ottawa could still end up with two studs from that draft (Thomson and Pinto).

Pinto pick has no relation to the Duchene trade. Ending up with a good player with the 32nd pick doesn't excuse giving up what amounted to the 4th OVR pick in any way.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Dorion turned Turris (who at the time had the value of Girard, Kamenev, 2nd, obviously), Bowers and a 1st (Byram) into Thomson, Abramov and Davidsson.

How anyone could look at that, even in the most Sens-coloured glasses, and see anything but a massive loss in value is beyond me.

It was a horrible initial trade, made no better by the return we got for Duchene at the deadline.

The only decent value in that deal is Girard, Byram, and the 2nd. The rest is meh.

Girard seem like a decent defender, and Byram could be good. Who did the 2nd turn into?

Abramov could end up being the best of that whole group, and Tompson could end up being the best defender....

You’re holding on so tightly to a changing situation. As with most things, when the desire to hate something and someone supersedes your ability to consider things objectively, you start losing your connection with reality.

It sounds like you’re at that place right now. It’s happening with the EK trade, and it’s happening with the Duchene trade. By all common sense metrics, as a Sens fan, you should be super happy.

And yet here we are...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The only decent value in that deal is Girard, Byram, and the 2nd. The rest is meh.

Girard seem like a decent defender, and Byram could be good. Who did the 2nd turn into?

Abramov could end up being the best of that whole group, and Tompson could end up being the best defender....

You’re holding on so tightly to a changing situation. As with most things, when the desire to hate something and someone supersedes your ability to consider things objectively, you start losing your connection with reality.

It sounds like you’re at that place right now. It’s happening with the EK trade, and it’s happening with the Duchene trade. By all common sense metrics, as a Sens fan, you should be super happy.

And yet here we are...

Girard and Byram are by far the best pieces. A rational observer would take either one of them over the entire Sens return. One is already a good young top 4 D, while the other is going to be a stud top 4 D down the road.

Bowers probably isn't going to amount to much (was never a fan of the pick), and the same goes for guys like Kamenev and Davidsson. Replacement level players if they make it. Hardly even take them into consideration when it comes to judging the trades.

Abramov could be a good one. I'm hopeful that he can end up being a good 2nd line winger for us, but the chances of Thomson ending up the best defender out of him, Girard and Byram is miniscule.

I don't know if you've been watching him at all at the WJC, but he's been as bad for Finland as Pinto has been good for the U.S. Hockey IQ of a rock. If you think he legitimately has a good chance at being better than either Girard or Byram, you're the one out of touch with reality pal.

As for what the 2nd round pick turned into, the Avs moved down into the 3rd and picked Annunen, who looks like a potential starter. Having a great year in Finland.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

In addition to the return you cited, he also turned Turris, Bowers and a 1st into 118 games of Duchene in a Sens jersey, during which he scored 50 goals and 107 points.

Your analysis is horrible. It's biased. And it's pretty much always presented in a way that presents the team's mgmt in the worst possible way. Duchene played 118 games here Hale whether you care to admit that or not

What you've done is the equivalent of stating that a team trades a 2nd for a rental at the TDL and the rental moves on at year end as a UFA and you analyze the trade and state that the team turned a 2nd into nothing, ignoring the fact that the rental played X number of games

It's a ridiculous assertion. Childish that you keep repeating it

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Byram isn't exactly lighting up the WHL this year, and Boro is outscoring Girard in the NHL. I'm not ready to concede that Thomson will be the worst of the bunch yet.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
In addition to the returnbyou cited, he also turned Turris, Bowers and a 1st into 118 games of Duchene in a Sens jersey, during which he scored 50 goals and 107 points.

Your analysis is horrible. It's biased. And it's pretty much always presented in a way that presents the team's mgmt in the worst possible way. Duchene played 118 games here Hale whether you care to admit that or not

What you've done is the equivalent of stating that a team trades a 2nd for a rental at the TDL and the rental moves on at year end as a UFA and you analyze the trade and state that the team turned a 2nd into nothing, ignoring the fact that the rental played X number of games

Duchene's 118 games helped the Sens finish 31st and 30th in back to back years. Other than providing excitement for the fans, it meant nothing to the success of this franchise. The goal of Sens management should be to get this team to the playoffs and win a Stanley Cup. Renting Duchene for 118 games brought nothing of value to this franchise, as it did not help the team make the playoffs and contend for the cup.

If Dorion had traded for Duchene and he helped us make the playoffs, that would be another story however.

Reactions: h2owned

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
In addition to the return you cited, he also turned Turris, Bowers and a 1st into 118 games of Duchene in a Sens jersey, during which he scored 50 goals and 107 points.

You've been just as guilty trying to downplay a bad trade and a terrible assessment of the team by the GM. Who cares if he played for a last place team for 118 games before his inevitable departure?

Reactions: Hale The Villain

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Duchene's 118 games helped the Sens finish 31st and 30th in back to back years. Other than providing excitement for the fans, it meant nothing to the success of this franchise. The goal of Sens management should be to get this team to the playoffs and win a Stanley Cup. Renting Duchene for 118 games brought nothing of value to this franchise, as it did not help the team make the playoffs and contend for the cup.

If Dorion had traded for Duchene and he helped us make the playoffs, that would be another story however.

I agree it didn't work out but the reality is he suited up for 118 games

As i said....what you are doing is the EXACT SAME THING as saying that the rental that walked resulted in exchanging a draft pick for nothing. We both know that's not true. It's a faulty way of viewing it

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
It was a gamble. Dorion went for it and it didn't work out. He made the best of a bad situation. At least he tried.

Oh I forgot... there are posters on this board that are experts when it comes to hindsight and know exactly what should have happened when looking back years later.

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You've been just as guilty trying to downplay a bad trade and a terrible assessment of the team by the GM. Who cares if he played for a last place team for 118 games before his inevitable departure?

I liked the trade the day it happened

I said then that Duchene >>>> Turris and I'm gathering at this point there'd be no debate about that on this board. The team went for a complete shit afterwards and some of that was probably due to Duchene's slow start but the upgrade on the player moving out was significant

Wgat other trade do you want to re-visit Gesus? Surely you don't want to revisit the Karlsson trade do you? A diminished player on a now 11.5 AAV versus the 6 pieces we have? Do you want to revisit that? Surely you don't

Anything else?

Stone? Jury is still out on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad