Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm just not sure how theyre going to lure free agents to Ottawa this off season

You mean a legit top 4 D which we should have gone after this year; AGAIN; and a legit top 6 forward or two. .. I don't see it happening. We will get a 3rd liner and a depth D .. and be told they are the leaders we needed.

Reactions: Cosmix

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You mean a legit top 4 D which we should have gone after this year; AGAIN; and a legit top 6 forward or two. .. I don't see it happening. We will get a 3rd liner and a depth D .. and be told they are the leaders we needed.
Even in our heydays free agents didn’t want to come to Ottawa. Come on guys. Don’t do this to yourselves.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
If it comes out that there were offers on Ceci, but Dorion did not seriously entertain them because of his leadership qualities for the young guys playing 6 minutes a night, I won’t be able to help but laugh.

Reactions: Deku and NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Even in our heydays free agents didn’t want to come to Ottawa. Come on guys. Don’t do this to yourselves.

That's true..but for different reasons. It is worse now, very much worse. We are not doing anything to ourselves regarding the belief and faith left in this team.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
I just don't understand how Dorion can keep making mistake after mistake and not only not learning from it but being proud and boasting about his failures!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If it comes out that there were offers on Ceci, but Dorion did not seriously entertain them because of his leadership qualities for the young guys playing 6 minutes a night, I won’t be able to help but laugh.

We know that is coming.. Anyway, whether Ceci is here or not for another year or two won't make a hill of beans of difference to the success of this team. He'll just be there filling a spot, like 80% of the other players on the team

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess, we had to add an extra year to get Gonchar and Kovalev, but those were still the top available guys or among them in UFA their years, so at least we were considered by the desirable UFA.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think something important was missed and probably the most damning of all.

During question period duthie basically asked “with losing stone and duchene who do they have to build around? You can’t go through thebrebuild like this. What are they going to do?”

And Garrioch essentially said “I don’t know.....lure people in free agency?” No one knows. You can say they wanted duchene and stone for the rebuildbut simply put they didn’t create the proper condition for them to want to stay.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I just don't understand how Dorion can keep making mistake after mistake and not only not learning from it but being proud and boasting about his failures!
I kinda liked the karlsson trade due to norris was a decent mid 1st round pick and then getting another 1st round pick . Balcers looks solid too and Tierney has been pretty good. This deal scares me the prospects look very meh to me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

During question period duthie basically asked “with losing stone and duchene who do they have to build around? You can’t go through thebrebuild like this. What are they going to do?”

And Garrioch essentially said “I don’t know.....lure people in free agency?” No one knows. You can say they wanted duchene and stone for the rebuildbut simply put they didn’t create the proper condition for them to want to stay.

This is so true,,,
IMO two key things should have happened..
1. A top 4 D should have been acquired someway somehow just to help stabilize the D which was just out of this world bad.
2. A goalie should have been acquired as soon as Condon was sent down... not a 2,3,4 weeks later.

Those 2 moves would have helped show the players that management at least in a small way, had their backs

Not all moves have to be perfect and some will cost money but you can't expect to hang your 2 best players you want to keep out to dry night after night and expect to keep them. Dorion did nothing to help. The BS stories likely hurt.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I guess, we had to add an extra year to get Gonchar and Kovalev, but those were still the top available guys or among them in UFA their years, so at least we were considered by the desirable UFA.

They were both in their late 30s when they signed in Ottawa. I guess I wouldn't really consider that a top guy as far as my definition goes. But I guess you're not too far off either. Honestly, guys in their late 30s who can't get contracts anywhere else in the league might not even be willing to take a chance on Ottawa.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

What are the proper conditions for a rebuild?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

If we had a full scouting staff, I'd be scouring Europe looking for guys in the 20-28 age range who could be legit NHLers and who would take a 1-2 year show me type of NHL contract. It would be digging for a needle in a haystack, but who knows...there might be a few gems in there.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I kinda liked the karlsson trade due to norris was a decent mid 1st round pick and then getting another 1st round pick . Balcers looks solid too and Tierney has been pretty good. This deal scares me the prospects look very meh to me.
Norris was a pretty meh prospect too when we acquired him, people started to take notice this year while he was putting up some nice numbers in college.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Cool buzzwords. Sounds like you really mapped out a solid blueprint for a rebuild.
Can't be worse than what management has laid out so far

Despite me using "buzzwords" which one of those has management instilled?

Trust isn't there. Stability definitely isn't. Our foundation has been broken down.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
For this group - a new owner, new GM, new coaching staff is a good start. Toronto did it when they got Babcock and later Dubas. We’ll never get to this under this owner.
Have no understanding why he wants to keep the club when he knows his time is running out. It’s not moving. It IS probably leveraged into all of his other financial enterprises and like the domino effect will bring him down if it’s sold off. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I didn’t say proper conditions for a rebuild. I said proper conditions for these guys wanting to stay.

Shit owner. Hires shit GM who hires shit coach. Karlsson. Stone. Duchene. All said C YA! THAT ISNT NORMAL.

Like they keep talking about wanting these guys to stay. But at the end of the day, the owner acts a f***ing fool anytime he has a chance. These players know the team talent wise wasn’t horrible. But the coach and GM and owner keep burying them. There’s no decent plan. Remember. They want to compete in 2021. That’s only in 2 years. The players looked at the plan. Said this is f***ing dumb. And left.

Duchene is the one I think we probably couldNt sign.

Karlsson and stone are and we’re essentially waiting for an excuse to stay.

Listen to dorion. There’s no plan. He nervous as shit.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup part of the rebuild has to be a new owner, gm and coaching staff or they can just forget it.
Given who’s in place right now unfortunately we should just forget it.
See stone, duchene, Karlsson,Alfredsson,spezza,heatley leaving. Players with options move the hell outta here.

Wake me up when melnyk is history.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yup part of the rebuild has to be a new owner, gm and coaching staff or they can just forget it.
Given who’s in place right now unfortunately we should just forget it.
See stone, duchene, Karlsson,Alfredsson,spezza,heatley leaving. Players with options move the hell outta here.

Wake me up when melnyk is history.
But then some fans brag about dorion for convincing smith to stay long term or getting condon to sign lmfao. So f***ing clueless it hurts now me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad