Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 11) [MOD WARNING PAGE 12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Gotta laugh at LeBrun saying we should see where things go in the next 24 hours 43 minutes ago.....

They have said the same thing 3 days in a row. Monday 3pm. “We should be hearing something in the next 24 hours”.

well I've been following deadlines since like 09/10 ish (was F5ing on HockeyBuzz.. bless me) and that seems to be the line every media personality say when they want to build hype for their deadline day coverage... kinda tiresome but I've gotten used to not caring at all until a trade is actually announced lol.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You said "Poehling would too but don't need him with Norris, Chlapik and White".

I'd disagree that the Senators do not need Poehling because they have Chlapik and Pageau and Luduk.

I think that premise is preposterous and I think you're moving goal posts.

I disagree with your take. Carry on with your fantasy Gming. Don't let me slow you down.

lol wtf is that? You quoted me talking about Norris, Chlapik and White and then the next sentence you switch to Chlapik and Pageau and Luduk (Luchuk)???

And you're saying I AM THE ONE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS? :biglaugh:

Anyway, yes this is what I originally said : "Poehling would (interest me) too but don't NEED him with Norris, Chlapik and White"

So this means (last time I try to make you understand, let's test your intelligence) :

- I don't think Poehling will be a 1st line center. Do you disagree?
- I think he will be a 2nd or 3rd line center. Do you disagree?
- I think Ottawa currently has guys already filling that role or who could :

Colin White (50 pts pace in his rookie season, his game will continue to mature)
Josh Norris (was in the middle of a very nice breakout campaign before he got injured)
Chris Tierney (56 pts pace, moved all around the line-up all season)
Filip Chlapik (progressing well, has a lot of skill)
Logan Brown (if he fails to be a 1st line Center OR if Duchene is extended but I am assuming he won't)

Do you disagree? If you disagree, it means that you think that Poehling is a better prospect than all of them. It also means that the Sens should really target him in a potential deal with Montreal despite having more important needs (defense, picks, wing depending if Stone and Dzingel leave...)

- For the 3rd line center spot, you already have Pageau. If he is eventually traded, then you could have Tierney, Norris, White, Chlapik, etc. There's only ONE 2nd line center.

Finally, how ironic is it that YOU say "Carry on with your fantasy Gming" when you think that I should want Poehling above White and Tierney who are currently proving themselves in the NHL? :facepalm:

Seriously, you should stop ridiculing yourself.

Reactions: Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Players & coaches telling reporters that they are playing unless told otherwise is simply a way to not have to answer questions up to game time or until after the game when they can say it was a game time decision.

If the players or coaches say otherwise it becomes a two hour scrum with reporters speculating on a trade & they never hear the end of it. It's the best thing to do & say it's out of my hands, it's up to the GM & it takes the heat off them even if they might know what is going on.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I wonder if the media availability for today at..1130 will be a post mortem?
With no day skate and interviews at team hotel mid-day, could be something. Pure speculation. Pure.

Is this on tsn1200? Is it Dorion?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Today's predictions:

Dzingel to the Caps in about 40 minutes.
DSP won't clear waivers.
Stone signing announced this afternoon moving all attention to Duchene.

My theory is Dorion has tentative trades in place for Duchene but is trying to create bidding war on Duchene once Stone is off the market.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Today's predictions:

Dzingel to the Caps in about 40 minutes.
DSP won't clear waivers.
Stone signing announced this afternoon moving all attention to Duchene.

My theory is Dorion has tentative trades in place for Duchene but is trying to create bidding war on Duchene once Stone is off the market.

It's apparently Hagelin to the Caps.

If Ryan is hurt, we have 13 forwards, so we could scratch or trade two of of big three UFAs since we play 11-7 often.

If Ryan is healthy, we could conceivably not play all 3.

This is assuming we don't make a trade with a forward coming back who'll be here in time for a game. It is a 2 hour flight from New Jersey to Nashville, so theoretically if there was a deal early enough for Duchene and we got back a player, they could dress tonight.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Gotta laugh at LeBrun saying we should see where things go in the next 24 hours 43 minutes ago.....

They have said the same thing 3 days in a row. Monday 3pm. “We should be hearing something in the next 24 hours”.
It was said 2 weeks ago that the "deadline" was next monday.
On that monday : Ohhh they are attempting to sign them again. "deadline" in 3 days.
3 days later : next monday
And here we are today...

That's ridiculous.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It was said 2 weeks ago that the "deadline" was next monday.
On that monday : Ohhh they are attempting to sign them again. "deadline" in 3 days.
3 days later : next monday
And here we are today...

That's ridiculous.
bad reporting or dorion ACTUALLY doesn't know what hes doing.. hes circled back like 2 times now

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Whatever.....we all know the outcome here.

Stone and Duchene are gone for pennies on the dollar while EM and PD pat each other on the back.

I can’t wait for the day I find out PD can’t even land a job as a CCHL GM.

Reactions: Senscore and Rand0m

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
A Canes fan made this proposal on the main board... wish he was their GM lol

Am I crazy that I'd do a signed Duchene for Necas straight up and be pretty damn happy?

Not crazy, at leastn we would have an elite talent coming back rather then B level prospects, etc.

Duchene straight up for Dobson.. that would be what I prefer.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Wonder if a trade won't happen until Saturday, as to give Duchene one more warm up tomorrow night at home.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Duchene is gone today to Nashville.

Sens then use that to try and pressure WPG to up the offer for Stone.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not crazy, at leastn we would have an elite talent coming back rather then B level prospects, etc.

Duchene straight up for Dobson.. that would be what I prefer.

Yeah I would rather Dobson due to positional need but Necas is just as good of a prospect, give or take a small amount of deviation... maybe a bit better, maybe a bit worse, but close...

Reactions: Vprime

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Players & coaches telling reporters that they are playing unless told otherwise is simply a way to not have to answer questions up to game time or until after the game when they can say it was a game time decision.

If the players or coaches say otherwise it becomes a two hour scrum with reporters speculating on a trade & they never hear the end of it. It's the best thing to do & say it's out of my hands, it's up to the GM & it takes the heat off them even if they might know what is going on.

This is a great point. No need to give the opposition more info.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
bad reporting or dorion ACTUALLY doesn't know what hes doing.. hes circled back like 2 times now

Probably both.

Dorion obviously hope they sign. So he is letting them time to think about it.

He should have already put an definitive deadline. When he has the trade he want, he goes back to the player and say : We have a done deal, you sign or not? 24h max.. That's your deadline.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's actually unbelievable how bad the communication is between management and coaches and players.

Obviously Duchene and Boucher heard about Duchene "being held out" in the media yesterday. They still went out of their way to say he was playing, UNLESS TOLD otherwise. Clearly there's an issue.

Same thing with the Smith waive, Boucher wasn't exactly pleased and the guys were caught off guard.

Would you prefer the Tortorella approach to that type of questioning?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
No, I'd prefer, "yes as has been widely reported and as you've all already heard, he's going to be sitting."

It's already been reported he's being traded, that's nothing new.

I disagree. It's in their best interest to make the opposition believe Duchene is staying in the lineup until the last second.

Besides, it's also not their job to have to deal with the inevitable annoying followup questions that they don't need to be answering regarding his trade availability. Just adds more distractions to the team. It's better to just deflect.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
“Look Winnipeg......we just gave Duchene away for next to nothing so there’s no way we are giving you Stone unless you up the ante!”

Interesting negotiation strategy
if Nashville gives up Tolvanen for Duchene then Jets are screwed cause its Roslovic/Vesa or nothing

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
RHD is the priority

Dobson would be the #1 Guy I'd want ... I would give up Duchene and Dzingel for Dobson.

Other RHD prospects {have not listed Bouchard on purpose}
Fabbro Nashville
Timmins Colorado
Boqvist Chicago
Brook Montreal
Makar Colorado
Myers Philadelphia
Liljegren Toronto
Andersson Calgary
Fox Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.