Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 11) [MOD WARNING PAGE 12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I wonder if the media availability for today at..1130 will be a post mortem?
With no day skate and interviews at team hotel mid-day, could be something. Pure speculation. Pure.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Not because they don't like waiting, but because they need to add someone and the Stone situation moving slowly hurts teams that need to make an improvement.

If Stone isn't moved until late Monday, that leaves little to no time to move to a backup, and the backups may be gone at that point.

Similar to the Ryan Smyth deadline deal, they settled for a ****ty package at the end of the deadline because all the teams grabbed other players and they were left with few teams and offers.

I don't think think its going to affect Stones worth, but teams are 100% going to move to backups soon.

Or no one has put a decent offer on the table yet and now they're looking at trading their scraps for a much lesser player. Obviously without direct involvement in the negotiations it's impossible to know. But if you're a team looking at adding Stone you know a few things: a) the type of player he is b) the cost to acquire him and c) the long-term game with him whether extension or letting him walk on July 1st.

You don't go shopping for a Ferrari and then say "f*** it, it's taking too long I'll just get a Honda".

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The Winnipeg Jets....woof.

Lose 3 in a row, including getting outplayed by Ottawa in their own barn and blown out by Colorado, but "we won't give up Roslovic for Stone."
Yeah 6 losses in last 8 games and won’t budge?
Then go get mauled by VGK or NASH in PO with your current roster then

Reactions: Silencio

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, I'm pretty sure GMs are allowed to call more than one team per day. It only makes sense for them to be on the phones a fair bit, putting out feelers with several teams and having at least parts of deals in place while waiting on the big fish to bite.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Or no one has put a decent offer on the table yet and now they're looking at trading their scraps for a much lesser player. Obviously without direct involvement in the negotiations it's impossible to know. But if you're a team looking at adding Stone you know a few things: a) the type of player he is b) the cost to acquire him and c) the long-term game with him whether extension or letting him walk on July 1st.

You don't go shopping for a Ferrari and then say "**** it, it's taking too long I'll just get a Honda".
McKenzie and Lebrun said every team is going to be making offers for Stone.

If the decision to keep Stone on the market into Monday happens, guys will have moved on to backups we'll in advanve of that.

Of course Winnipeg is going to hold strong, as will a few other teams. But these backup guys will have been moved to for sure.

If you're shopping for a Ferrari for a race, but absolutely need a car, yes, you will move onto a Honda if you need to instead of being left with nothing, which is what will happen if there is more than 1 team in on stone and it goes down to the wore.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Yeah 6 losses in last 8 games and won’t budge?
Then go get mauled by VGK or NASH in PO with your current roster then
I said it last week but this always makes me laugh with teams.

I get holding onto your prospects but when you have a 2-3 year window you should be gunning for it.

Buff and Wheeler get older then your young guys are just replacing their production, not adding to it.

I’d move any of our prospects if it meant we’d have a good chance at the cup.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Have we called anyone up yet? Maybe we are claiming DSP...

I suspect these inquiries will be like last year with VGK and Tatar. They are contingency plans.

No need, they will just slot Ryan in where Duchene was at practice yesterday and go 11-7. No need to spend money flying a guy in. I'm telling you, this team will play Stone until its leaked that he isn't re-signing, just so they won't have to spend money on a callup.

This org would probably play Duchene over paying a call-up. I am sure Euge loves his big money centre being a healthy scratch

**I stand to be corrected**

Last edited:

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
7005EC17-6C01-4420-9505-F9F367FE62A4.jpeg

Here’s some distraction. What is wrong with TSN though. OMG and LOL. Boeheim strikes again!

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Gotta laugh at LeBrun saying we should see where things go in the next 24 hours 43 minutes ago.....

They have said the same thing 3 days in a row. Monday 3pm. “We should be hearing something in the next 24 hours”.

Reactions: NB613 and Vprime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's actually unbelievable how bad the communication is between management and coaches and players.

Obviously Duchene and Boucher heard about Duchene "being held out" in the media yesterday. They still went out of their way to say he was playing, UNLESS TOLD otherwise. Clearly there's an issue.

Same thing with the Smith waive, Boucher wasn't exactly pleased and the guys were caught off guard.

Reactions: Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I said it last week but this always makes me laugh with teams.

I get holding onto your prospects but when you have a 2-3 year window you should be gunning for it.

Buff and Wheeler get older then your young guys are just replacing their production, not adding to it.

I’d move any of our prospects if it meant we’d have a good chance at the cup.

At the same time, Muckler sort of did that and we all agree he was terrible.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
It's actually unbelievable how bad the communication is between management and coaches and players.

Obviously Duchene and Boucher heard about Duchene "being held out" in the media yesterday. They still went out of their way to say he was playing, UNLESS TOLD otherwise. Clearly there's an issue.

Same thing with the Smith waive, Boucher wasn't exactly pleased and the guys were caught off guard.
Broken room :nod: to bad the broken link (GMPD) is looking to fix this.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Miscommunication with your own players and coaching staff
Imagine with the fans now... lol

Imagine being Chabot or Tkatchuk and having to go through all of this for the next 5 years:ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad