Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Only reason I can see getting strome is he's basically a way cheaper version of eberle, plus get a pick , and he's an rfa next year so we can get something for him if he has an alright year, you never know playing with mcjesus or draisatl .
Frees up cap space to sign Oshie?? Not sure how plausible that is but would be nice.
Resign Russell though , were a better team with him on it.

But also see Carolina in the mix, have a weird feeling, they need scoring badly as well, and they're loaded on D.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
There's a fine line between holding out for value in a trade, and looking at the big picture where there's other moves that improves the team as a whole.

And Chia shouldn't be compared to MacT.

Was comparing Snow to MacT, not Chia.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I am getting flashbacks to last year, though. Remember when were talking about one of the trio to a bunch of teams, none of us mentioned New Jersey, and then all of the sudden that went down.

Wouldn't even surprise me if it all of the sudden breaks that we dealt Eberle to Carolina or something instead.

Eberle for Doughty:sarcasm:

I mean, that would be a surprise right??!?!?! RIGHT!??!?!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Of course Flames are. They need to always out-do the Oilers in everything. :shakehead

Harmonic is exactly the type of defender the Flames need. However they are already loaded on the right side and I'm not sure it actually makes sense to play their guys on their offside so much.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Bet they get Hamonic for scraps like the Dougie Hamilton deal.

Love seeing the spite of egotistical GMs hurt their own team just to send a message.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com

Flames chasing NYI for Hamonic too apparently.

I thought they already had the one of the best D groups in the league :sarcasm:

this is an example of a journalist making stuff up. Harmonic is a RHD. The flames have Hamilton and Brodie as RHD and are looking for a 2nd pairing LHD. Worst kept secret in the nhl.

The fact that he lists right handed Hamonic is evidence that he is just making stuff up

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Harmonic is exactly the type of defender the Flames need. However they are already loaded on the right side and I'm not sure it actually makes sense to play their guys on their offside so much.

They actually have

Giordano Hamilton
Brodie X

if you keep to handedness. Hamonic is exactly what they need IMO.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
this is an example of a journalist making stuff up. Harmonic is a RHD. The flames have Hamilton and Brodie as RHD and are looking for a 2nd pairing LHD. Worst kept secret in the nhl.

The fact that he lists right handed Hamonic is evidence that he is just making stuff up

TSN 'insiders' gotta do whatever they can to draw in the hits/views:laugh:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Brodie is left handed tho and would set up the Flames D very nicely

Gio-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Eberle for Strome is a done deal. The Edmonton media has been trying to get us ready for it for 2 weeks now.

I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and ignore them like I did last summer.

yeah, they have been pushing this trade for quite a while, so i'm assuming this is what will go down... its a terrible, terrible trade for the oilers as a pure hockey move, but when you consider it as a cap-dump i guess it lets you make other moves potentially

still terrible, but maybe not AS bad? yeah, i don't have much to support this, lol

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So I don't get it. Isles fans tell us we got ripped off on the Reinhart for 1st and 2nd and act like Barzal and Beau are the cream of the crop. But then they give up a 1st and 2nd for a cap dump and they talk like losing a 1st and 2nd is not a big deal? Talk about contradicting yourselves...I predict in 2019-2020 they will be struggling to find ANY talent and their prospect pool will be garbage.

Feb 9, 2013
Only reason I can see getting strome is he's basically a way cheaper version of eberle, plus get a pick , and he's an rfa next year so we can get something for him if he has an alright year, you never know playing with mcjesus or draisatl .
Frees up cap space to sign Oshie?? Not sure how plausible that is but would be nice.
Resign Russell though , were a better team with him on it.

But also see Carolina in the mix, have a weird feeling, they need scoring badly as well, and they're loaded on D.

So, Eberle for Faulk?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Brodie is left handed tho and would set up the Flames D very nicely

Gio-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic

Brodie plays right defence with Gio.

With Gio, they were one of the best defence pairs in the league.

Without Gio, he was 46.5% corsi and 30% GF last year.

the flames are looking for a LHD to play with Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad