Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I think reason there isn't gonna be many trades today is because of a GM metting at 5 PM EST in Vegas. So my guess is they all are not gonna be pulling triggers yet until tomorrow. That's not to say there is trades already approved, but I bet you GMs want to be available when they make those said moves.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
If all the Islanders will offer up for Eberle is Strome+ then Chia should move on to the other teams interested. Trading Eberle for Strome is a brutal move.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Eberle for Strome is a done deal. The Edmonton media has been trying to get us ready for it for 2 weeks now.

I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and ignore them like I did last summer.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Eberle for Strome is a done deal. The Edmonton media has been trying to get us ready for it for 2 weeks now.

I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and ignore them like I did last summer.

Considering there is more than one offer they are mulling this is premature.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You really don't know how any of that works, do you?

This is the common perception around the league and among the media. The Vegas betting odds are well a researched and well practiced reflection of that and always have been.

Considering we're not even near the start of next season, never mind the playoffs, they mean **** all at this point. Unless you seriously think we're finishing first in the West next year, which I can safely say that no, we won't.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I am getting flashbacks to last year, though. Remember when were talking about one of the trio to a bunch of teams, none of us mentioned New Jersey, and then all of the sudden that went down.

Wouldn't even surprise me if it all of the sudden breaks that we dealt Eberle to Carolina or something instead.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I am getting flashbacks to last year, though. Remember when were talking about one of the trio to a bunch of teams, none of us mentioned New Jersey, and then all of the sudden that went down.

Wouldn't even surprise me if it all of the sudden breaks that we dealt Eberle to Carolina or something instead.

Carolina will have excess D after they acquire TVR so perhaps there's something to this.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If it was just Eberle for Strome it would likely have happened by now. Rishaug is drumming up this deal because he doesn't know what the other offers are. That's not to say it won't be a deal with the Islanders involving Strom, but Chia isn't going to put all his cards on the table for the media to see so to assume that's the deal that gets made because of the Larsson trade last year is silly. Chia's smart enough to know how to use the media when you're horse trading.

All that said Chia doesn't have the best track record when it comes to moving better players.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I really wish Chia would just tell Snow to **** off.

You want Eberle? Minimum price is Hamonic. Otherwise, enjoy watching your franchise C walk away in free agency next year.

It really galls me the way Chia just seems to bend over and take it from the one NHL GM that's MacTavish-level bad.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If Eberle was going for Strome, it would have happened by now. Something more is involved, if Strome is even the guy who ends up coming. (My opinion.)

It could be a stupidly simple deal like Eberle for Strome + a 2nd rd pick, but we want to wait and ensure the guy we like in the 2nd round is still there.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
You really don't know how any of that works, do you?

This is the common perception around the league and among the media. The Vegas betting odds are well a researched and well practiced reflection of that and always have been.

Actually Vegas odds are set in a way to maximize bets on both sides of the Coin. Oiler fans are heavy bettors and to discourage a mass amount of money put down on them they always have artificially low odds. You can see it over the years.

Feb 9, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised... it doesn't seem to me that Strome is the kind of player the Oilers are looking to add. I could see - and kind of want to see - a player coming back that is either a defenseman of the ilk 'we' need, or a top six player that may not have the offense acumen of Eberle but brings more grit and responsibility to his game.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I actually wouldn't mind Cizikas and De Haan.

Don't know if NYI does it, but the rumors suggest they're desperate for a more dynamic top 6 and would probably be okay sacrificing the bottom 6 and using their depth D as trading blocks.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I actually wouldn't mind Cizikas and De Haan.

Don't know if NYI does it, but the rumors suggest they're desperate for a more dynamic top 6 and would probably be okay sacrificing the bottom 6 and using their depth D as trading blocks.

Yeah I would be pretty happy with this, I feel like they could flip De Haan and stuff for Barrie after.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

I sure hope so. I feel like the Isles deal would've happened by now if it was gonna go down. Carolina and Florida makes some sense.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I really wish Chia would just tell Snow to **** off.

You want Eberle? Minimum price is Hamonic. Otherwise, enjoy watching your franchise C walk away in free agency next year.

It really galls me the way Chia just seems to bend over and take it from the one NHL GM that's MacTavish-level bad.

There's a fine line between holding out for value in a trade, and looking at the big picture where there's other moves that improves the team as a whole.

And Chia shouldn't be compared to MacT.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Carolina will have excess D after they acquire TVR so perhaps there's something to this.

Carolina's d on their bottom pairing is pretty trash, unless they see TVR as being a top 4 guy, I don't think anybody really worth mentioning needs to be moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad