Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Doubt it. If that's his call, then Chia has 3 other offers to look at. That's not a very smart strategy.

I don't get it. Snow is driving up the price for his Dman by talking to our biggest rival and that somehow has something to do with the 3 other offers we have for Eberle?

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Brodie plays right defence with Gio.

With Gio, they were one of the best defence pairs in the league.

Without Gio, he was 46.5% corsi and 30% GF last year.

the flames are looking for a LHD to play with Hamilton

Doubt it.

Gulutzen doesn't like his D playing the offside. Hence why Gio and Hamilton played together last year. They are looking for a RHD to play with Brodie.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Only reason I can see getting strome is he's basically a way cheaper version of eberle, plus get a pick , and he's an rfa next year so we can get something for him if he has an alright year, you never know playing with mcjesus or draisatl .
Frees up cap space to sign Oshie?? Not sure how plausible that is but would be nice.
Resign Russell though , were a better team with him on it.

But also see Carolina in the mix, have a weird feeling, they need scoring badly as well, and they're loaded on D.

except he is not even close, stromes best season is equal to eberles worst. they arent comparable players

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What would the Flames even offer for Hamonic though? The Isles wouldn't want picks. They need to impress Tavares to re sign. That means they need immediate help

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I don't get it. Snow is driving up the price for his Dman by talking to our biggest rival and that somehow has something to do with the 3 other offers we have for Eberle?

It has everything to do with those offers. If you were Chia and you had 3-4 offers (let's assume 4) and they all were decent (assuming when they say 'mulling' sounds like they are all decent), then Snow comes and says "Oh well if you want Hamonic, I'll raise the price by offering him to your rival", that can screw him over big time because Chia has 3 other offers on the table. Why should he 'overpay' when he has decent deals in place or better ones than what Snow is offering? That's a very poor strategy. If Snow was the only one with an offer, I can see him try to drive it up, but there is 3-4 offers out there. So it does have everything to do with the 3 other offers.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
My dream off-season from a non-oiler standpoint, seeing Snow lose out on Duchene, Eberle, Galchenyuk and any other Top 6 forward and have to sign Radulov to a 7.5-8M 6 year contract :laugh:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
It has everything to do with those offers. If you were Chia and you had 3-4 offers (let's assume 4) and they all were decent (assuming when they say 'mulling' sounds like they are all decent), then Snow comes and says "Oh well if you want Hamonic, I'll raise the price by offering him to your rival", that can screw him over big time because Chia has 3 other offers on the table. Why should he 'overpay' when he has decent deals in place or better ones than what Snow is offering? That's a very poor strategy. If Snow was the only one with an offer, I can see him try to drive it up, but there is 3-4 offers out there. So it does have everything to do with the 3 other offers.

whatever... been there done that with Hamilton.

I just dont see any decent offers for Eberle on the table otherwise the deal would have been announced already.

I bet its just junk like Strome, Soderberg, Cammalleri

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Meh I dont mind overpaying a little for the right player. All GMs do this dance

I'd rather overpay somewhere else. Snow is just trying to drive up the price. We have been doing this Hamonic dance for years

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chicago? Either way we're not in that class

The Oilers are not Cup contenders with their current defense.

Anaheim and Washington don't deserve to be in the "contender" category. Anahiem would have lost to us if we weren't so inexperienced and Washington didn't make as far as we did.

The only "contenders" by this logic are Pitt/Nashville and maybe Chicago.

Sekera will be back too it's not like he's going to be on Mars with Matt Damon.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

This only works if the 3 other offers have a player of Hamonics caliber coming back. My belief is the bidding war is for Hamonic, not Eberle.

Snow has the asset that both us and Calgary want, of course he's going to drive the price up.

Chia offers Eberle for Hamonic, Snow says the Flames are offering Bennett and their 1st, it's up to Chia to beat that offer.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Duchene for Hanifin could make some sense. It would also screw Snow, lol.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This only works if the 3 other offers have a player of Hamonics caliber coming back. My belief is the bidding war is for Hamonic, not Eberle.

Snow has the asset that both us and Calgary want, of course he's going to drive the price up.

Chia offers Eberle for Hamonic, Snow says the Flames are offering Bennett and their 1st, it's up to Chia to beat that offer.

Then I'd pass. Let the Flamers have him. I don't want Chia to 'overpay'. I'm done with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad